When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Boris says that to get rid of Cummings means getting rid of him

This genuine reads like Cummings is running the country while just wheeling Boris out to do his routine every few days. Starting to believe that's actually the case.

• Upvote 2

The fantastic author Douglas Adams predicted our current situation, Boris Johnson is our president of the galaxy, his role as president/PM of the UK is to attract attention away from the real people in power. In the books Zaphod was an excellent president as he successfully captured all of the media attention with his outlandish stunts and wild personality.  

In our reality Zaphod/Boris has tried very hard to keep the media focus solely on him but he has failed badly. The media and the people know Boris isn’t the one in charge, they now know he is just a puppet and the master has been exposed. 

The question is no longer what is the answer to life, the universe and everything. And unfortunately the answer is getting ever closer to 42,000 unnecessary covid deaths. 

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One of those rabid Brexiter Twitter accounts with a flag in his profile has started a poll to show how "slanted" the "scum media" are.

I think it started well, but now - not so much!

😂 that’s gone well for him. 

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting. Reminds me of the incident at the start of the Leave campaign when the Tory MPs tried to sack Cummings. He picked up his phone and said 'fine, but if you do this, the whole campaign team will resign en masse'. Very quickly, the Tory MPs had started consulting Cummings on how they should go about getting rid of him (allegedly).

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

That's ridiculous now as a line of argument. if the daily star and paddy mcguiness are taking the piss... 

As said the other day, my sister, who asked me who Keir Starmer is the other day, is all over this scandal (sharing things on Facebook, discussing on the family WhatsApp group, etc).

The front pages are really starting to make them look like a laughing stock now.

I'm actually a bit surprised the intensity of this hasn't died down a bit yet. I thought today the story would start to die down.

I reckon we'll get another resignation today - Boris facing MPs cannot go well. Public opinion is clearly against them.

I think one of the keys to losing public confidence is the recent and direct comparison of Boris firing all those MPs last year. Clearly a lot of people loved that move as a show of strength and decisiveness, but he's utterly destroyed that image. "No dither or delay", "get Brexit done". All those campaign slogans are undone here. He's come across weak, feeble and simply not on charge. 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t really get it though either, I thought for many who voted Brexit It was an anti establishment protest vote? 

Cummings is the cool anti establishment hero though isn't he.

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They really want to frame this as a media westminster bubble thing.

Darren Grimes, Tom Harwood, Dominic Cummings have now become a victim of their own success. Yes it might have been right that there was a conflict of interest between Westminster press and the general public when it came to Brexit, but now they’ve become a bit drunk with their victory. They now think that it’s only the media who want to hold the government accountable, and most of the country wants to back the Tory government at all costs. This whole “out of touch with ordinary people” objection is now running out of steam. I’m not saying that Kier Starmer is a guaranteed win, but I think these blind Tory apologists will struggle fighting a labour leader who isn’t as unpopular as corbyn. KS’s rational approach to things will be a threat, as they are too used to fighting the radical momentum wing of the party - not one that might sensibly argue with them.