When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think they have to weigh up if overall it’s in the public interest and if it’s proportionate to the alleged offence, alongside that if they’re happy with his explanation in the first place. 

Yes..and as much as I agree with everyone else about Cummings, I'm not sure I can find any justification for going through his bank/phone records to try and prove something he's already admitted to.  The main offence here (in my eyes) is the 260 mile drive, which we know he's done.  

The answers today from whoever does it will be the same as from Boris yesterday .. we refer you to the questions and statement from DC ... they will hope the press get bored with a no answer response :.. they need to get creative somehow 

48 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Go on, I’ll bite. I’m certainly not deluded and I see no evidence of this. So, please point me in the direction of it as it’s fairly easy to make this claim, yet pretty difficult to prove. I’ve looked at the molecular structure of this virus myself (and I understand what I’m looking at) and evidence of engineering is absent. Perhaps you can show me your research that proves otherwise? 

Welcome to the times we live in - anything that sounds like it would be a cool plot twist MUST therefore be true. Evidence is irrelevant or can be found via a infographic posted on Facebook.

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Yes..and as much as I agree with everyone else about Cummings, I'm not sure I can find any justification for going through his bank/phone records to try and prove something he's already admitted to.  The main offence here (in my eyes) is the 260 mile drive, which we know he's done.  

It's all down to public opinion now. I can't see there being any additional revelations, unless he's been really stupid at some point, and I don't think it really warrants much further investigation of his movements. The real issue is he has admitted to breaking the rules on multiple occasions, although obviously he doesn't see it that way, yet they're still defending him for using "reasonable judgement". There's little difference between this and stealing a loaf to feed your family - both can be justified, but still crimes.

We need the press to keep probing the Barnard Castle bullshit. That whole explanation was complete and utter nonsense and completely unjustifiable. 

Interested to see Starmer's response.

9 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I have to agree really. He’s told us what he did which in my opinion was wrong, the question is do you buy his reasons? I’m not sure things like bank records would help or be relevant to that.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I have to agree really. He’s told us what he did which in my opinion was wrong, the question is do you buy his reasons? I’m not sure things like bank records would help or be relevant to that.

Could prove a stop on the way up which he’s denied ... or any other leaving of the house during the 14days ... just a thought

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

defending him for using "reasonable judgement"

which is great, because it keeps on exposing their own poor judgement.  :) 

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Editing the blog post is a bit of an admission of guilt on itself. Having been spotted in Barnard Castle, the wheels were obviously turning on his head as to how he could explain it all away. It’s a long drive back from Durham so he had plenty of time to think about how he could explain it all away.

This is really damning to me in general as he just sat there and lied to the public about it. Undermines his credibility.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is really damning to me in general as he just sat there and lied to the public about it. Undermines his credibility.

Absolutely. I think it’s too much of a confidence that he knew he was spotted in BC the day before. It suggests he knows it would come out and had subsequently fabricated a story to explain it. It’s at odds with his opinion that he did nothing wrong, because if he believed he had done nothing wrong he wouldn’t have needed to alter the blog post to fit a narrative.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Absolutely. I think it’s too much of a confidence that he knew he was spotted in BC the day before. It suggests he knows it would come out and had subsequently fabricated a story to explain it. It’s at odds with his opinion that he did nothing wrong, because if he believed he had done nothing wrong he wouldn’t have needed to alter the blog post to fit a narrative.

It’s like if you pull a sicky from work then get caught and make up this really elaborate story as to why you were seen outside but were ill enough to phone in sick 🤒