When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Remember Cummings said he wrote a blog about Coronavirus? Read this thread, it turns out the blog he was possibly referencing from 2019 does state Coronavirus but that was the edited into the blog at a later date. Guess what date that was - the day he returned to work after he got back from Durham.

Half 3 today I decided for my own mental health that actually I was gonna have to stop following this saga, it chased me through some dark spots this weekend. 

I've got weak mental health game but I never thought I'd let government shit get to it. Surely my own cynicism could outdo anything they could throw at me.

Nah. They win.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of risk, Johnson randomly responded to a question about Cummings tonight by saying the most important thing you could do was to wash your hands. Is it? Or is it more important to stay out of poorly ventilated buildings with containing lots of other people? 

Or is it something else?

Personally, hand hygiene has been high on my list since this started. If I had to be indoors with lots of people in a poorly ventilated building, then I’d be happier if everyone had a mask and was equally good at keeping their hands clean! 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Remember Cummings said he wrote a blog about Coronavirus? Read this thread, it turns out the blog he was possibly referencing from 2019 does state Coronavirus but that was the edited into the blog at a later date. Guess what date that was - the day he returned to work after he got back from Durham.

He may have added the specific references to coronavirus later but the point is he forsaw this exact problem,

"‘Whatever probability number we are gambling with, it is clearly far too high a risk to human lives. There are experimental approaches that do not involve live mammalian-airborne-transmissible, highly pathogenic avian influenza which identify mutations involved in mammalian airborne transmission. These “safer experimental approaches are both more scientifically informative and more straightforward to translate into improved public health…” Asian bird flu virus research to develop live strains transmissible via aerosols among mammals (and perhaps some other potentially pandemic disease research as well), should for the present be restricted to special BSL4 laboratoriesor augmented BSL3 facilities where lab workers are not allowed to leave the facility until it is certain that they have not become infected.’

The above is from the original work "(and perhaps some other potentially pandemic disease research as well)"   he clearly recognised the dangers of the "gain of function" research that has almost certainly led to this pandemic, anyone who still thinks the source of this is natural is deluded, it was clearly cooked up in one of the many labs working on this type of research, whether it was released by accident or not will be difficult to know but the fact that Dom was ahead of the game on this shows he's a smart guy and maybe gives a clue as to why Boris is so desperate to keep him.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I do love the Wayback Machine. It'd be his perfect 1984 scenario if it wasn't for that 😂

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

anyone who still thinks the source of this is natural is deluded, it was clearly cooked up in one of the many labs working on this

Go on, I’ll bite. I’m certainly not deluded and I see no evidence of this. So, please point me in the direction of it as it’s fairly easy to make this claim, yet pretty difficult to prove. I’ve looked at the molecular structure of this virus myself (and I understand what I’m looking at) and evidence of engineering is absent. Perhaps you can show me your research that proves otherwise? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

So the new party line seems to be "the public can make up their own minds". Clearly they're confident the stunt yesterday would win over the public. But surely if the public are still fuming, and frankly I think the Barnard Castle trip just looks laughable to the average Joe, he must be fired? They can't leave it up to us, unless our answer is not what they want. Obviously they may very well do that, but they're damaging trust even morr if they do, and amongst their key supporters.

8 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Go on, I’ll bite. I’m certainly not deluded and I see no evidence of this. So, please point me in the direction of it as it’s fairly easy to make this claim, yet pretty difficult to prove. I’ve looked at the molecular structure of this virus myself (and I understand what I’m looking at) and evidence of engineering is absent. Perhaps you can show me your research that proves otherwise? 

The irony of being called deluded by someone who thinks the virus was man made eh? It was created by the lizard people to control the population. And 5g? No coincidence bro.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Two questions: is the normal briefing at 5pm today? Had stopped watching them as too much of a downer but I need to see if the journalists keep up the pressure here. Also my MP is Labour but is it maybe still worth writing to her to tell them to keep up the pressure? Especially with the opposition group meeting later. I think if the line is that the public will decide we need to keep showing them that we decide he needs to go.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Two questions: is the normal briefing at 5pm today? Had stopped watching them as too much of a downer but I need to see if the journalists keep up the pressure here. Also my MP is Labour but is it maybe still worth writing to her to tell them to keep up the pressure? Especially with the opposition group meeting later. I think if the line is that the public will decide we need to keep showing them that we decide he needs to go.

I certainly would. Don't think it needs the same essay as I sent, but a reminder that as a member of the public you're still not happy with it!

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I certainly would. Don't think it needs the same essay as I sent, but a reminder that as a member of the public you're still not happy with it!

Yep yours was fantastically detailed but a short sharp to the point email can be equally effective ... that was the route I decided on :) 

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Surely it’s quite easy for the police to track his bank card transactions ??

Not sure how I feel about that.  Anything done to Cummings would presumably set a precedent for what could be done to the public and that's going a bit too far for my liking.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep the standard weekday briefings start at 5 ... so we should be back to that today 

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah that's my thinking too. Will get on it this morning!

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Yep the standard weekday briefings start at 5 ... so we should be back to that today 

Thanks! Wonder who will draw the short straw... no chance it will be Johnson surely.

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Not sure how I feel about that.  Anything done to Cummings would presumably set a precedent for what could be done to the public and that's going a bit too far for my liking.

I see that but they are investigating already aren’t they ? So that’s what they would logically do ? 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I see that but they are investigating already aren’t they ? So that’s what they would logically do ? 

I don't know, with most people the police were having a polite word with people breaching guidelines and moving them on, sometimes not even doing that.  So would they resort to trawling through someones personal bank records, we know he was there as he admits it so I'm not sure what more it would prove.  

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep I would write to her, she can still give feedback to the various Parliamentary Committees they have and even to the PM if need be.

I wrote to a Labour councillor who had run for MP in December too, so I definitely think it’s worthwhile.

The daily briefing should be at 5 today. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that's my thinking too. Will get on it this morning!

Thanks! Wonder who will draw the short straw... no chance it will be Johnson surely.

I think Johnson doing three days’ running would be one of the biggest shocks of this whole thing.