When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

One of those memorable efest days I’m worn out and my eyesight has started to go ... thankyou to almost every single one of you today .. faith in human nature is still strong .... best get some sleep I’ve got a long drive tomoro x 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

One of those memorable efest days I’m worn out and my eyesight has started to go ... thankyou to almost every single one of you today .. faith in human nature is still strong .... best get some sleep I’ve got a long drive tomoro x 

You know what to do

EZAXK4OD2JGERJ2J2D2WRYRARI.jpg

4 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

RE: when will this shit end...

No coronavirus-related deaths in Ireland today for the first time since March 11th. Too early to say whether things will hold, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! Hope to see this headline in the UK and across Europe/the World soon! Don’t let bad examples from “leaders” put you off the fact that the progress made is down to a combination of the frontline (in all fields), you and your own behaviour...Stay strong (understandably furious, but strong!)...

This seems like really positive news.

If (!) the UK follows the same pattern (let’s forget about Cummings/second wave for one moment etc) how long do you reckon until we can at least visit our parents?

Also, how many weeks of no Corona-related deaths (or fewer/single digit) will we need for the pandemic to be considered a minimal risk?

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It really has been a memorable day on here, going through it with you guys has been an experience. 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Go for a drive then!

Just now, Ozanne said:

So how do we feel the public perception is now?

I think he has managed to get sympathy from the ‘Tories can never do anything wrong’ brigade and they are loving the orchestrated tweets from the top brass. Very much on a last strike though.

The Mail still having it in for him could be huge though.

Genuinely brought to tears watching concert footage on YouTube. It gives me such a buzz but I miss it so much. Times you shared with friends or even more importantly sometimes the gigs you went to alone and you weren't alone in the crowd! 

13 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

So go on - what's the social distancing / lockdown version of mass protest? If these were normal times I'd be outside Downing St with placards at 9am tomorrow. 

I saw someone suggest a roadblock. But that would block emergency services. Also I don't drive.

35 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think he has managed to get sympathy from the ‘Tories can never do anything wrong’ brigade and they are loving the orchestrated tweets from the top brass. Very much on a last strike though.

The Mail still having it in for him could be huge though.

Yeah that Mail front page does seem to indicate they aren't happy. In the main I think people aren't happy about this, and it's the diehards that are sticking by them.

Opposition MPs meeting tomorrow morning to discuss next steps. Whatever they do I think it needs to be loud, and needs to hit the press in advance of tomorrow's daily briefing in order to keep journalists' questioning on the subject and inexcusably relevant. 

Just now, Brownie30 said:

Opposition MPs meeting tomorrow morning to discuss next steps. Whatever they do I think it needs to be loud, and needs to hit the press in advance of tomorrow's daily briefing in order to keep journalists' questioning on the subject and inexcusably relevant. 

The Tories are already gloating about their majority over this.

58 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

This seems like really positive news.

If (!) the UK follows the same pattern (let’s forget about Cummings/second wave for one moment etc) how long do you reckon until we can at least visit our parents?

Also, how many weeks of no Corona-related deaths (or fewer/single digit) will we need for the pandemic to be considered a minimal risk?

For the first part, depending on how close you live, meeting outdoors poses little risk. I don’t know the details of the uk exit plan, but as soon as you can travel, meeting up in the back garden or somewhere should be fine.

for the second part, it’s not entirely about numbers of deaths or cases. If they are clustered and there is little if any transmission in the community, then it’s under control and things can open up a bit more (so long as testing and tracing is up to scratch). 

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

For the first part, depending on how close you live, meeting outdoors poses little risk. I don’t know the details of the uk exit plan, but as soon as you can travel, meeting up in the back garden or somewhere should be fine.

for the second part, it’s not entirely about numbers of deaths or cases. If they are clustered and there is little if any transmission in the community, then it’s under control and things can open up a bit more (so long as testing and tracing is up to scratch). 

Talking of risk, Johnson randomly responded to a question about Cummings tonight by saying the most important thing you could do was to wash your hands. Is it? Or is it more important to stay out of poorly ventilated buildings with containing lots of other people? 

Or is it something else?

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Thanks. My parents are only 3 miles away but the in-laws are 90 - could be a little while before we see them.