When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I thought the farce at the start of our lockdown was ‘peak banter’. But, today has topped it by some way.. what an embarrassing brigade of people we have leading us into the global economy’s bleakest time in recent history.

Can be forgiven for errors and mistakes during an unprecedented crisis, but the sheer stubbornness and arrogance the government is showing is a complete slap in the face to every single person in the UK. 

2 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

If there was such a media circus outside his house, which I couldn't risk anyone else being affected by, how did we miss him leaving and not returning for 15 days?

Also is he really such a hate figure over this? Trying to make out his wife and kid were unsafe, surely he’s had more grief over Brexit over the years? 

31 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Me too! He was terrible. There will definitely be some in a rush to defend him but it didn't make me any more sympathetic. None of it makes sense. And he showed no remorse and said he didn't even consider resigning. He is toxic to this government now and he needs to go.

Maybe he should stay for that reason 😉

The reaction on social media seems to unanimously negative. Even in the red top comment sections. Lots of " the factory worker from leeds would have been fined or jailed for that" "people have lost love ones and couldn't attend funerals". The rage is palpable. This guy is so far out of touch with the public he might as well be on Mars.

Edited by Madyaker

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

The reaction on social media seems to unanimously negative. Even in the red top comment sections. Lots of " the factory worker from leeds would have been fined or jailed for that" "people have lost love ones and couldn't attend funerals". The rage is palpable. This guy is so far out of touch with the public he might as well be on Mars.

Which is all the more amazing since that’s been his MO with the Brexit and Tory election campaigns. He’s so utterly misread the mood.

I remember once in school, doing something that was going to get me in trouble. I knew I was going to get called in by the head of year, so I came up with a story. It was bullshit, but I managed to make the story match the situation. In my head it sounded great. Totally plausible. As soon as I started talking, it started to sound like the ridiculous shite that it was. The head of year, who up until that point had generally liked me (and me her. I was usually a good kid and she was a good teacher ) knew I was bullshitting. The story only worked if you accepted I behaved in a way that no human being ever had our would. She never came out and said she didn't believe me, but I knew. Mostly cos I knew she wasn't a fucking idiot.

Anyway, I was reminded of that today for some reason

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I'm sure lots of people with vested interests in doing so will find a way to be taken in by it

I've seen it from people I know on facebook. For some it's a case of 'I voted tory ergo the tory guy cannot do anything wrong ergo I didn't do anything wrong voting for them'.

I saw a blue tick on twitter blame the current furore on 'cancel culture'.

Some of the media were better than I expected but still lots of standard questions not asked. 

How does your car go that far without having to refuel (pretty sure that it only goes 200-220 miles yet he drove from London, to the hospital, to Castle Barnard and back and part way back to London before filling up)

Can your wife not drive? 

Is it not at all significant that it was your wife's birthday and rather than driving part of the actual journey you should be taking you chose to go to a nearby beauty spot?

Would you not agree that at the time when you made the journey you had no exceptional circumstances whatsoever and in fact based on the fact that you never needed the measures put in place it would be difficult to argue that they were in fact exceptional circumstances. Don't you think that spirit of the law is intended for people who are already severely ill and not those who might end up in that position. 

If you thought your wife had COVID why was she accompanying your son to hospital and not one of the nieces that you lined up for the job? Was that the entire purpose of the trip? 

Do you not think all spending time on a long journey in a car would actually increase your chances of all getting ill? (which you did) People were advised to self-isolate even from family within their own house for this reason.

How do you feel working for a government that introduced a bedroom tax for people who have the audacity to have a spare bedroom when your family have a spare house!!??

Can you really complain that you had so much media by your house when in fact nobody noticed you were gone for a fortnight so that must be an outright lie?

Have you always been an Abba fan? 

Who are you wearing today? 

Edited by gigpusher
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Some of the media were better than I expected but still lots of standard questions not asked. 

How does your car go that far without having to refuel (pretty sure that it only goes 200-220 miles yet he drove from London, to the hospital, to Castle Barnard and back and part way back to London before filling up)

Can your wife not drive? 

Is it not at all significant that it was your wife's birthday and rather than driving part of the actual journey you should be taking you chose to go to a nearby beauty spot?

Would you not agree that at the time when you made the journey you had no exceptional circumstances whatsoever and in fact based on the fact that you never needed the measures put in place it would be difficult to argue that they were in fact exceptional circumstances. Don't you think that spirit of the law is intended for people who are already severely ill and not those who might end up in that position. 

If you thought your wife had COVID why was she accompanying your son to hospital and not one of the nieces that you lined up for the job? Was that the entire purpose of the trip? 

Do you not think all spending time on a long journey in a car would actually increase your chances of all getting ill? (which you did) People were advised to self-isolate even from family within their own house for this reason.

How do you feel working for a government that introduced a bedroom tax for people who have the audacity to have a spare bedroom when your family have a spare house!!??

Have you always been an Abba fan? 

Who are you wearing today? 

Also, since you decided to lockdown in Durham why did your wife and child return to London in spite of the lockdown still being in force?

(Cummings was entitled to travel to work , they weren't).

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Also, since you decided to lockdown in Durham why did your wife and child return to London in spite of the lockdown still being in force?

(Cummings was entitled to travel to work , they weren't).

And you apparently work 16 hours per day, you felt well enough to return to work yet, didn’t know if you were well enough to drive a car properly?