When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

This story has definitely got the 'cut through' to the mainstream that the tories didn't seem to think it had. My sister, who asked me who Keir Starmer is the other day, just shared two Cummings memes on Facebook.

Also, on Facebook, I only know one full-on tory poster. He's been cheerleading throughout and had a huge ongoing debate on a post he put up on Sat defending Cummings and Johnson. I looked this morning and he has deleted the whole thing.

28 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect the steadfast defence of him may be because they all knew he was doing it. If he can prove they knew he was going which considering he was working for them I assume they did then they are all implicated in it. 

Boris was at the time unwell himself I really don't think the Mail would be up in arms about him not keeping closer tabs on exactly where his aides were texting him from. If this is to protect himself it is extraordinarily stupid.

The smugness of dc when he was saying to the media “you will be wrong again just like you were wrong with brexit”. Just goes to show how comfortable he is knowing that he has mass swathes of the population brainwashed by his political tactics. I’m happy that this has spread like wildfire because he has been way too comfortable for too long.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

They're going to play the sympathy card here I think. Increasingly feeling worried that they're gonna nail this and get the upper hand.

I'm certain this is exactly what they're going to do. I desperately hope that journalists asking questions don't let them get away with it. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

They're going to play the sympathy card here I think. Increasingly feeling worried that they're gonna nail this and get the upper hand.

You think his charisma and charm might win the day?

Stay on target, Red Leader!

2 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

I'm certain this is exactly what they're going to do. I desperately hope that journalists asking questions don't let them get away with it. 

You reckon this will work and he’ll get away with it? 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yup I’m really weird there’s going to be a cute puppy dog approach and this will win people back over.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You reckon this will work and he’ll get away with it? 

Honestly - I don't know. I think it will depend more on his response to questioning than it will to the actual statement itself. If journalists are able to see past the sob story and nail him, then public opinion should stick. If they do not, it might wobble. There are no depths of shame this government will stoop to, so I can't even predict the degree of bollocks he will come out with. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

What can he possibly say in defence though, really? Nothing that other people observing the lockdown haven't been through themselves. And worse.

Correct. No matter what He says he broke the lock down.  Instructions that he was a party to drawing up ! 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

What can he possibly say in defence though, really? Nothing that other people observing the lockdown haven't been through themselves. And worse.

My slightly existential post-weekend 'fear' (which caused me to actually feel sorry for Johnson when Starmer was dismantling him the other week - unbelievable!) must be lifting as I agree with you. I remain resolute that this is irredeemable,

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hmmm I’m pretty worried now. 

If there's some magical excuse that would excuse everything he's done why not announce it before now?  People have literally missed saying goodbye to dying family members, I can't think of any reason to justify his actions that would be worse than that, but maybe there is something, who knows.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was thinking that, if there was another magical defence here wouldn’t they have come out with this sooner!?

Hopefully this will just make matters worse. 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

There was some twitter chatter earlier saying his son is autistic, but then that got traced to a tweet about a LBC show that never said that. Maybe he'll go for something like that, and try an invoke a 'shame on you' feeling in the public.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

There was some twitter chatter earlier saying his son is autistic, but then that got traced to a tweet about a LBC show that never said that. Maybe he'll go for something like that, and try an invoke a 'shame on you' feeling in the public.

Hopefully it won't work, unless all the other parents of autistic kids come out and say "oh yeah, we were secretly told the rules don't apply to us".

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Probably but will that wash 1000s of parents have been in much worse situations with no support or help available.  There is no justification for what he has done however they spin it .