When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, he relied on the fact that people kind of tuned out Brexit after a while, so forgot the details, but nobody is forgetting the fact that they can't see their family.

The latest is that his mum is complaining that her brother had just died (the day he arrived in Durham) and nobody seems bothered they were/are grieving. This makes things a lot worse, because thousands have made the massive sacrifice not to attend funerals of their loved ones.

Boo hoo. This is what life is like for the rest of us.

His uncle was in london and died a week after his 250.mile.trip. ain't gonna work

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

My uncle has died due to the virus, do I now get to travel the country with impunity? 

Why can’t we get rid of this government. 😡

I’m really sorry to hear that .

My wife’s friend’s husband died from Covid. She had to say goodbye through a window. Their daughter is in her twenties and lives with her boyfriend so wasn’t allowed to visit her mum after her dad’s death.Our friend has only seen her daughter briefly at the funeral in all this time and is unsurprisingly in a really bad place.

I’m not trying to hijack your grief. Just sympathise that we’ve all been shafted by these dickheads and I can’t wait until they’re thrown out of office. 

Edited by Dave85radiohead

51 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Seriously, if you have a Tory MP, write to them. This is the best way we can keep the pressure on right now. The Prime Minister's power comes from his MPs.

Oliver Dowden received a lovely message from me this morning. I went to the same school he did and said he was an embarassment to the school so hopefully that means i won't get a copy and pasted answer hah.

Based on the daily fucking mail printing this story with an anti-boris/cummings view, i reckon this really could escalate. lets hope eh

The Daily Mail thing doesn't sit well with me. Remember that talk of "hawks vs doves" in terms of the lockdown, and surprisingly Cummings and Johnson were both in favour of the measures while others wanted to open up quicker and take the deaths to save the economy? 

Well seeing the Daily Mail turn on Johnson like this, knowing how aggressively anti lockdown they've been recently (and presumably Tory donors don't care about deaths either), makes me think this is being used as an opportunity to force them out. If that happens we could get rapid reopening with no safeguards

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The Daily Mail thing doesn't sit well with me. Remember that talk of "hawks vs doves" in terms of the lockdown, and surprisingly Cummings and Johnson were both in favour of the measures while others wanted to open up quicker and take the deaths to save the economy? 

Well seeing the Daily Mail turn on Johnson like this, knowing how aggressively anti lockdown they've been recently (and presumably Tory donors don't care about deaths either), makes me think this is being used as an opportunity to force them out. If that happens we could get rapid reopening with no safeguards

Who could they put in who would be worse than Cummings though?

6 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

I’m really sorry to hear that .

My wife’s friend’s husband died from Covid. She had to say goodbye through a window. Their daughter is in her twenties and lives with her boyfriend so wasn’t allowed to visit her mum after her dad’s death.Our friend has only seen her daughter briefly at the funeral in all this time and is unsurprisingly in a really bad place.

I’m not trying to hijack your grief. Just sympathise that we’ve all been shafted by these dickheads and I can’t wait until they’re thrown out of office. 

I was sent a live feed link for the funeral. This has to be the worst part of this virus. No one gets a proper chance to say goodbye. 

Two of my friends have lost parents to the virus and my ex lost her gran. I’ve barely left the house in over 2 months. It just takes the piss having the people making the rules flaunt them with no regards to how this is affecting the average person. 

I have the same opinion about all those people escaping to beaches to social distance. No wonder our country has been hit the hardest. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Who could they put in who would be worse than Cummings though?

Someone willing to fully sack off lockdown or anything resembling it and open up quickly. In the current situation that is worse, no deal Brexit is done and dusted. He's done his worst I imagine 

1 hour ago, Dave85radiohead said:

I can’t wait until they’re thrown out of office. 

This is the issue. Tory voters will turn a blind eye come election time. It staggers me but I guarantee there will be some smearing of Starmer which will make people forget all about the current shitshow. Infuriates me

On 5/16/2020 at 3:21 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Posted this on the webcam thread, Had a look at the Glastonbury Tor live webcam a few hours ago, beautiful blue sky and quite a few folk climbing the Tor . So jealous.

oh and can I add this as a thought when finally this shit is over?

FFB80BEA-E481-42D2-B6F5-A7EA6E0EC898.thumb.jpeg.6a857355d10758bd5e0cfbc533282c70.jpeg

Trident is the multi-billion £ Elephant in the room.

What is the point of it?

Join CND here....

https://cnduk.org/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, bamber said:

Trident is the multi-billion £ Elephant in the room.

What is the point of it?

Join CND here....

https://cnduk.org/

What sort of idiot down-votes CND at a time like this? Fuck you.

UK's 'independent' trident deterrent is an utter pointless nonsense. Germany has none Japan has none. There is no coherent argument for us having one?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Seriously, if you have a Tory MP, write to them. This is the best way we can keep the pressure on right now. The Prime Minister's power comes from his MPs.

First time I've ever been gutted to live in a Labour stronghold.

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But ours is Rees-Mogg... not sure its worth the effort :lol:

Six months since the election. Has Boris actually achieved anything? Well yes. He's stood up to the baying Press and Public to defend the actual PM....Dominic Cummings. 

Other than that he's ignored expert advice to lockdown early (deaths 35,000+)

Failed to protect care homes.

Shafted the Unionists by caving into the EU on Brexit, putting an internal UK customs border down the Irish Sea. 

And...........done a lot of hiding.

24 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Never agreed with Piers on anything until this pandemic, turns out he does get some things right

Still can't stand the bloke mind

I tell you what, that Rishi Sunak is too... hold on. WTF?!

Sunak.PNG

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So who is changing their response to government lockdown message in response ? Don’t think I will be I’m nervous about outcome of me seeing groups of people and seeing parents in their house at the moment 

I can understand the urge to break it now, but I won't be. This government don't care about or know what's best for us, but the virus is far from played out and we need to keep watching out for each other. As hard as that is. My partner's parents are asking us to come see them (we would have to hire a car to avoid public transport) in their back garden but even that we are wary about. They're both due to have operations for cancer, so it just feels like a big risk still. Anything else we would want to do socially just doesn't seem worth it either. We might finally get our new carpet fitted...

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can understand the urge to break it now, but I won't be. This government don't care about or know what's best for us, but the virus is far from played out and we need to keep watching out for each other. As hard as that is. My partner's parents are asking us to come see them (we would have to hire a car to avoid public transport) in their back garden but even that we are wary about. They're both due to have operations for cancer, so it just feels like a big risk still. Anything else we would want to do socially just doesn't seem worth it either. We might finally get our new carpet fitted...

Honestly I saw my parents a week ago whilst distancing in their garden I wasn’t going to see them separately my mum is becoming very forgetful unfortunately so I need my dad to be present as much as possible I wasn’t going to go through that rubbish that it needs to be in a park 10mins apart . I was terribly nervous but needed to do it as I am at the safest I will be and them too , with me potentially returning to work ... unless the reclassify me . Good luck it’s a really tough decision I totally sympathise there x