When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone beginning to think Cummings knows a few things about Johnson that Boris would rather remain hidden? Might explain this incredible situation.

Nah, I just think Johnson needs Cummings...Johnson is the front man to attract voters with his funny posh man thing...Cummings is the brains behind the project.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye it crossed my mind earlier. We all knew Cummings had quite a frightening level of power for an unelected advisor but the lengths they're going to do lead you to think there's something else at play. It's doing a real number on their reputation after they ended up with a such a strong majority. It's utterly needless and I think that's why backbenchers are so pissed off.

The other thing is, if Cummings is so smart surely he could see what damage this would do, all he had to do was resign and apologise, and he could come back in a few months once the coronavirus problem has gone, this way he may still have to go but cause major damage to the government.

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

The other thing is, if Cummings is so smart surely he could see what damage this would do, all he had to do was resign and apologise, and he could come back in a few months once the coronavirus problem has gone, this way he may still have to go but cause major damage to the government.

That’s the bit I don’t get. At this point it’s got to be pure pig headed denial. We’ve seen it a million times in the past, Mandelson, Boris himself, the inevitable comeback is always way less of an issue than the original issue in the eyes of the public. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Not that they would, but in theory that's enough for a vote of no confidence in the government.

It could.be enough to vote Boris out as leader.

I think boris and cummings have REALLY misunderstood how pissed of people are at this.

Just now, zahidf said:

It could.be enough to vote Boris out as leader.

I think boris and cummings have REALLY misunderstood how pissed of people are at this.

They can't until Johnson has been in charge for a year, they changed the rule when he became leader.

53 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Cummings is smart but he's no genius.

The current playbook for this is right out of what they did with Brexit for years: keep moving the goalposts and straight up telling people that things were not how they remember.

Like how it was always going to be a no deal Brexit and remaining in the single market was never even mentioned as an option. When in fact it was widely discussed in the run up to the referendum. But you just tell people it never happened and they believe you.

This response to the Cummings thing is the exact same, except this isn't challenge people's memories, but their actual lived experience. Which is a whole other kettle of fish. And Cummings isn't smart enough to get that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeanoL said:

Cummings is smart but he's no genius.

The current playbook for this is right out of what they did with Brexit for years: keep moving the goalposts and straight up telling people that things were not how they remember.

Like how it was always going to be a no deal Brexit and remaining in the single market was never even mentioned as an option. When in fact it was widely discussed in the run up to the referendum. But you just tell people it never happened and they believe you.

This response to the Cummings thing is the exact same, except this isn't challenge people's memories, but their actual lived experience. Which is a whole other kettle of fish. And Cummings isn't smart enough to get that.

Yeah, he relied on the fact that people kind of tuned out Brexit after a while, so forgot the details, but nobody is forgetting the fact that they can't see their family.

The latest is that his mum is complaining that her brother had just died (the day he arrived in Durham) and nobody seems bothered they were/are grieving. This makes things a lot worse, because thousands have made the massive sacrifice not to attend funerals of their loved ones.

Boo hoo. This is what life is like for the rest of us.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Seriously, if you have a Tory MP, write to them. This is the best way we can keep the pressure on right now. The Prime Minister's power comes from his MPs.

I have written to mine today - once this afternoon, and again in a fit of (controlled) follow-up rage after this evening's cacophony of lies. 

• Upvote 1

The irony in all this is the fact that if Dom's  Stay Home-Protect the NHS-Save Lives message hadn't been so effective and if people had for the most part "cheated" a bit and seen their families or friends there wouldn't be anything like the backlash he's currently getting, it's only because the vast majority stuck to the rules of the message that they feel so aggrieved. He did his job too well!

Edited by gizmoman
punc