When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The toughest interviewers I ever worked for were the ones who gave a simple, short, single question where there couldnt be any ambiguity about what's being asked. If you didn't answer the question being asked then they would simply push and ask the same direct question again. I dont know why the national media dont follow the same approach, they all seem to be asking vague, long multiple questions to hopefully trip them up somewhere on some part of the question, but in fact all they are doing is giving the interviewee load ways of worming there way out of the fundamental single question being asked. Our national media are very poor interviewers in my opinion

The same principle works in sales. Having worked in sales the very best sale people were those who said little and were comfortable with silence. A lot of sales people feel they need to justify their position and prove their credibility by taking a lot, but the more they talk the more they talk themselves out of a sale.

There are so many advantages to this for the government - they identify and eliminate those stupid MPs disloyal to the cause who tweeted today, get a lot more out and about building herd "immunity" while helping the economy ("well if he can do it so can I"), more dead pensioners so they save money, more distrust of the left leaning press.

All this on the assumption that nothing actually matters when you're 6 months into a huge majority government. 

They are only there to deliver a no deal Brexit and a US trade deal, after which they can ride off into the sunset with their stocks in the privatised NHS and chlorinated chicken. Why would anyone be resigning now when they're so close to their goals? They dont care one bit about this virus or who dies from it, and just want to pretend it doesn't exist and get back to normal ASAP as long as they dont get bad press from the NHS collapsing.

It's even worse as now the main players have had it, they don't need to care either....

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The toughest interviewers I ever worked for were the ones who gave a simple, short, single question where there couldnt be any ambiguity about what's being asked. If you didn't answer the question being asked then they would simply push and ask the same direct question again. I dont know why the national media dont follow the same approach

The media could easily take this approach and make the govt really squirm if they wanted to but they choose not to 

9 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The toughest interviewers I ever worked for were the ones who gave a simple, short, single question where there couldnt be any ambiguity about what's being asked. If you didn't answer the question being asked then they would simply push and ask the same direct question again. I dont know why the national media dont follow the same approach, they all seem to be asking vague, long multiple questions to hopefully trip them up somewhere on some part of the question, but in fact all they are doing is giving the interviewee load ways of worming there way out of the fundamental single question being asked. Our national media are very poor interviewers in my opinion

Whats's your background? Sounds interesting

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This is the thing. They’ve gone with the ‘Think of the children’ angle, but what about his parents? Officially in an at risk group, yet he’s deliberate put them at risk. My parents are in their seventies, I only saw my mum for the first time this week for a dog walk keeping 2m apart. I was even in two mind about doing this. If I knew I had the virus I wouldn’t go anywhere near them .

Thats why they changed their story from 'parents' (see Kuensberg's instant defence tweet)  to 'sister'- unless the parents house is actually 3 separate houses, it's total BS

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I can't afford childcare currently so I'm off to rob a bank. Assuming that's okay nowadays

As long as you're doing the best for your child its fine.

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I can't afford childcare currently so I'm off to rob a bank. Assuming that's okay nowadays

As long as it is your instincts and is for your child I think that's fine now?

Edit- ha I like how a few of us said this, the guidance is now clear!

Edited by basicminds

21 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I think a lot of them ask long winded questions di they have something more substantial to cut up and put on the evening news. I totally agree with your point though. 

21 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Well he can claim Dom lied to him but that still doesn't stop him looking weak and stupid. He's trying to tough this out but if the Barnard Castle story turns out to be true it's game over surely?

Nah.  This lot just do what they please and it's 4 and a half years until an election.