When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, st dan said:

The only justifiable situation is that he is sacked this afternoon, and Boris ends his game of hide and seek and stands up to address the nation that he desperately wanted to run for so long. 

That would be the smart thing to do, say he's resigned, apologise for his lack of judgement, they can even spin it that he was just worried about his kid and didn't think straight, then they could move on with as little political damage as possible, the longer they defend him the worse it looks.

He’l get away with this. Supporters of DC are probably the biggest bootlickers in the world. The gov will hammer it repeatedly that what he did was not a problem and eventually everyone will just accept it.

Operation protect Cummings at all cost will pay off in the end I’m sure.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

He’l get away with this. Supporters of DC are probably the biggest bootlickers in the world. The gov will hammer it repeatedly that what he did was not a problem and eventually everyone will just accept it.

He'll be gone within the hour. No way can they sustain this.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Not so sure ... unless they are in the process of deciding on a new campaign strategy in Downing Street at the moment ... I now think he’s going ... 

29 minutes ago, st dan said:

The only justifiable situation is that he is sacked this afternoon, and Boris ends his game of hide and seek and stands up to address the nation that he desperately wanted to run for so long. 

Appear in public and lose valuable time for canoodling and cramming for the weekly Starmer PMQ grilling.......Never gonna happen 🤣

3 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

Another 4 Tory MPs have tweeted that Cummings should go since this morning's interviews. 

3 hours ago, zero000 said:

7 Tory MPs have said he should go already according to sky news

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1264489476555976704?s=20

They've exposed themselves as disloyal, so if he does stay then they've shot themselves in the foot really...

It's all such a ridiculous distraction from everything else. This focus on personalities and individual people, not holding the government as a whole to account. We've all fallen for it - that story coming out about lockdown delays on the same day that drops? I'm voting stage managed and fed to the Guardian at the right time.

Even if he resigns he'll still be involved. He/they have behavioural science and modelling behind them that we can't even comprehend - I doubt any move will be made that isn't calculated and doesn't have an end goal. Even a 'resignation' 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Swathes of the fuckers on Facebook and Twitter claiming this whole story is lefty remoaner nonsense. If they can ride out the next couple of days he'll still have a job.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They've exposed themselves as disloyal, so if he does stay then they've shot themselves in the foot really...

It's all such a ridiculous distraction from everything else. This focus on personalities and individual people, not holding the government as a whole to account. We've all fallen for it - that story coming out about lockdown delays on the same day that drops? I'm voting stage managed and fed to the Guardian at the right time.

Even if he resigns he'll still be involved. He/they have behavioural science and modelling behind them that we can't even comprehend - I doubt any move will be made that isn't calculated and doesn't have an end goal. Even a 'resignation' 

I dont buy it. Anyone who knows about it knows he broke the rules and they are taking the piss. And the story isnt going away, and it's made the cabinet look complicit.

Robert Halfon has apologised on Facebook for backing Cummings yesterday. Seems like he totally fucked off his constituents. 

Wonder if rumour is going around Tory MPs that Cummings is gone and he's trying to jump the gun and retract support?

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Swathes of the fuckers on Facebook and Twitter claiming this whole story is lefty remoaner nonsense. If they can ride out the next couple of days he'll still have a job.

Yup. This is nothing to do with him breaking rules he set for the country. This is another remainer plot to overthrow brexit 🙄

I think of it this way - if there is nothing wrong with what Cummings has done. Give everyone who has been fined for doing the same thing their money back. Swathes of stupid brexiteers who want to turn the U.K. into a supreme leader state, bootlicking their leaders at every opportunity see themselves as totally subordinate to the state thinking they are actually the powerful ones.

I love Britain and I feel like some complete nut jobs are running the asylum 

38 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

That would be the smart thing to do, say he's resigned, apologise for his lack of judgement, they can even spin it that he was just worried about his kid and didn't think straight, then they could move on with as little political damage as possible, the longer they defend him the worse it looks.

Yep, now if only the government had a competent chief advisory to recommend this approach to them ... 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is it possible to find the details of who owns a car by the ref number? Some Brexiteers are disputing the story on Twitter due to this. 

Not quickly as a member of the public due to GDPR. You have to apply to DVLA on a V888 and have 'reasonable cause' for needing the data. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is it possible to find the details of who owns a car by the ref number? Some Brexiteers are disputing the story on Twitter due to this. 

The point about the guy noting the reg. no. is that he has the record of the search on his computer that day, HE doesn't have any proof of the owner of the car but you can guarantee the journalists know the reg. numbers of any cars owned by Cummings. IF the number noted by the guy is Cummings car that proves it was him there on that day.

If he’s not gone this afternoon, I still think Mirror/Guardian are holding something back for a final killer blow tomorrow. My money is on witnesses or CCTV of a stop at a service station on the way up to Durham. Grant Shapps was pretty elusive on that when asked on Marr this morning.

Edited by Northtim
Typo

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

The point about the guy noting the reg. no. is that he has the record of the search on his computer that day, HE doesn't have any proof of the owner of the car but you can guarantee the journalists know the reg. numbers of any cars owned by Cummings. IF the number noted by the guy is Cummings car that proves it was him there on that day.

That makes sense!

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Nah it’s a big scalp and worth pursuing for the opposition.

But yanno those behavioural models are very good for optimising campaign message and reach for a binary referendum campaign such as Brexit but for predicting policy outcomes in a messy world they are not as effective because decision making is often more complex.

Also modelling policy effects was here long long before Cummings and will be here long after. Even behavioural science was leveraged by previous govts - see the ‘nudge unit‘. 

What is important is that ‘optimal’ is decided by the model maker - or the person who instructs the model maker - so getting that right, and having somebody making the decision who has a broad understanding of the externalities of policy decisions, and a natural empathy towards those who it effects, is so important.

Cummings doesn’t know what you’re thinking, he’s not some dark AI wizard. He’s just a funny little man with a decent understanding of how to  optimise a marketing campaign to reach and persuade an audience.

16 minutes ago, Northtim said:

If he’s not gone this afternoon, I still think Mirror/Guardian are holding something back for a final killer blow tomorrow. My money is on witnesses or CCTV of a stop at a service station on the way up to Durham. Grant Shapps was pretty elusive on that when asked on Marr this morning.

Oh pleeeaaase let there be CCTV of his dweebie little beanie hat bobbing around a service station.