When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

A lot of tory MPs don't like Cummings (or Johnson)...but know how important he is to the success of them winning the last election, and probably the next one.

Then they can rehire him in 4 years time. He's doing them damage at the moment and Tories are usually ruthless over this sort of thing. 

Amusing to watch journalists engage in a massive self congratulatory circle jerk over how they held the government to account over Dominic Cummings secretly going to Durham, having done absolutely nothing to hold the government to account for the last five years and help ease into power another Tory government up to its neck in social murder.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All of Starmer's gains coming from his don't knows. As we were saying the other day, those don't knows are all potential "approve" votes if he plays his cards right...and play them right he has, so far.

The last couple of labour leaders, the Tories boasted how they like to blitz them with negative stories immediately so that informs peoples fist impressions and is very difficult to undo. They haven't been able to do that because of the virus situation, so should be very beneficial going forward.

2 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Another 4 Tory MPs have tweeted that Cummings should go since this morning's interviews. 

I genuinely don't see how the Tories can announce any future changes to the lockdown with a straight face if they don't sack Cummings- who's going to listen to a word they say? Could end up costing a lot of lives.

51 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t like Grant Schapps but I’m unsure of what he’s done to deserve this. 

Before he was an MP he was a con artist selling a variety of get rich quick/pyramid schemes under the alias Michael green.

Besides which he is the Tory party’s Richard Hammond. Specifically, Stewart Lee’s accurate characterisation of Richard Hammond.

He deserves all he got and more.

Edited by mattiloy
Wrong clip
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t like Grant Schapps but I’m unsure of what he’s done to deserve this. 

Also I’m guessing it was purely for personal gain, and he probably put his hand up to face the press, in an attempt to lead the race in the arse-licking/brown nosing contest. 

13 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Amusing to watch journalists engage in a massive self congratulatory circle jerk over how they held the government to account over Dominic Cummings secretly going to Durham, having done absolutely nothing to hold the government to account for the last five years and help ease into power another Tory government up to its neck in social murder.

it was brexit + shit opposition that did that, not journalists.

5 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Spectacularly shit take of the day from Prue Leith.. Here she is parroting the views of her Tory MP son:

Team Mary Berry all the way.

Ah yes that take, how about some kindness from Mr Cummings instead of risking spreading a deadly virus around. Nah they’ll probably just ignore that.

How many goalposts have been moved in the past few weeks?

Just now, Ozanne said:

Ah yes that take, how about some kindness from Mr Cummings instead of risking spreading a deadly virus around. Nah they’ll probably just ignore that.

How many goalposts have been moved in the past few weeks?

A few ... they’ve gone back to training this week ... 

I don't particularly like Cummings or anything, and at this time for anyone in govt (or advising govt) not to be following their guidance to the country is plainly wrong and really he has to go..but the whole circus round this, the constant calls for him to be sacked or resign, and the press pack outside his house, is kind of grim.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't particularly like Cummings or anything, and at this time for anyone in govt (or advising govt) not to be following their guidance to the country is plainly wrong and really he has to go..but the whole circus round this, the constant calls for him to be sacked or resign, and the press pack outside his house, is kind of grim.

If he'd apologised as soon as the came out and stepped down none of that would have happened. He could of spent a couple of years in a think tank and come back in time for the next election without much fuss. He seems better at campaigning than governing anyway. Gove's disasterouse time as Education Secretary was certainly not helped by Cummings trying to take on all the civil servants in his department.