When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

This whole episode tells us one thing: the PM really, really can't be bothered to actually do his own job.

I think he's aware that the more he's front and centre and open for scrutiny from opposition and journalists, the bigger a tit he's come across. He'd have tied himself up in all sorts of knots answering these questions.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

This whole episode tells us one thing: the PM really, really can't be bothered to actually do his own job.

Correct, he wanted  desperately to be PM but can’t be arsed with the grave responsibility that goes with the job. Of course Cummings should go but it’s taken attention away from the distinct probability that the government dithered in starting the lock down and that has caused thousands of preventable deaths. If that is proved then the government, not just Cummings, has to resign. Those early days of public information being just wash your hands and sing happy birthday was woefully inadequate. The same goes for not shutting down air travel in the early days of the crisis. The death total in this country is disgraceful bearing in mind we are a developed nation with a brilliant NHS that has had to deal with the consequences of government inaction. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

it’s taken attention away from the distinct probability that the government dithered in starting the lock down and that has caused thousands of preventable deaths. 

That might be the plan.  If so, it's working beautifully.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Floundering.

It’s very odd that the Transport Secretary is front and centre to answer all of these questions?

Almost indicates they don't like him! 

And Boris's absence is bizarre.  Before I criticise this I am aware he is someone who recently been in intensive care;   however if his absence has been due to health then that should be made clear that he is on restricted duties.  His absence throughout the majority of covid issues comes across as lazy, uncaring, and basically being an arse.  

Also watching the marr interview his answer on whether the decision was made to threat to life made me laugh out loud- a 4 year old cannot wash themselves......bloody hell the kid sounded on the precipice of existence!

Edited by basicminds

So they're seemingly conceding the point he drove to Barnard Castle but arguing it was after the isolation period.

Firstly, that's still against guidelines and arguably worse, because he obviously just fancied a jolly over Easter.

Secondly, why was he still in Durham after he had recovered? Should he not leave his second home and return to London to, you know, continue his job? Seems to me like he just had a lovely Easter weekend with his parents and a nice day trip. When the nation was told NOT to see family or travel over that weekend.

And Shapps claiming he didn't have direct discussions with Cummings about this before appearing on various news channels. The incompetence and the compulsive lying is a staggering.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

So they're seemingly conceding the point he drove to Barnard Castle but arguing it was after the isolation period.

Firstly, that's still against guidelines and arguably worse, because he obviously just fancied a jolly over Easter.

Secondly, why was he still in Durham after he had recovered? Should he not leave his second home and return to London to, you know, continue his job? Seems to me like he just had a lovely Easter weekend with his parents and a nice day trip. When the nation was told NOT to see family or travel over that weekend.

And Shapps claiming he didn't have direct discussions with Cummings about this before appearing on various news channels. The incompetence and the compulsive lying is a staggering.

Weren't we instructed by a sit down boris not to go out over easter weekend as they were extra worried with time off/nice weather we would all go out?

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

So did Cummings' dad grass him up to Durham Police then? 

No he contacted them about a security matter ... perhaps he was seeking advice about locking Cummings in his room ... so he couldn’t travel !! 

Marr summed it up nicely by saying “You can keep Cummings or you can keep the policy intact.”
Which puts the ball firmly in Boris’ court of which matters more: Cummings or the safety of the nation? And I think we all know the answer to that one ....