When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

The key to this will be how The Sunday Times and The Sunday Telegraph and possibly The Sun headline tonight. The Mail and The Express will continue to toe the Downing Street line. If the others break ranks then he will be gone, I can imagine there are a lot of calls between No10 and various editors going on at the moment.

If he survives the next 48 hours, it will become like WMD, Grenfell and the handling of Covid 19 and be kicked into the long grass of a long public enquiry.

From The Guardian:

In the latest Opinium poll for the Observer this weekend, the political dangers for Boris Johnson are clear. For the first time since the Covid-19 crisis began Labour leader Keir Starmer has a higher approval rating than the prime minister for his handling of the pandemic. Some 47% of people approve of Starmer’s leadership against 45% who back Johnson’s. The government’s net approval rating (when the percentage that disapprove is subtracted from the percentage that approves) has fallen from +42% on 26 March to -4% now.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

this makes their defence of him all the more ridiculous :) 

Especially when you consider that they all probably know the correct timelines surrounding this. Economical with the truth I thinks. 

Edited by semmtexx

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

From The Guardian:

In the latest Opinium poll for the Observer this weekend, the political dangers for Boris Johnson are clear. For the first time since the Covid-19 crisis began Labour leader Keir Starmer has a higher approval rating than the prime minister for his handling of the pandemic. Some 47% of people approve of Starmer’s leadership against 45% who back Johnson’s. The government’s net approval rating (when the percentage that disapprove is subtracted from the percentage that approves) has fallen from +42% on 26 March to -4% now.

Intended to point to the response from Mike who is an election analyst (not the cheese grater although the wide holes are underrated), but this is great news for Starmer. As soon as people get to see him stack up against Johnson in campaigning I really rate his chances. He certainly seems like the most appealing Lab leader since Blair went in first time around. 

19 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Especially when you consider that they all probably know the correct timelines surrounding this. Economical with the truth I thinks. 

I expect virtually none of them know the true timeline, although Johnson's silence suggests he might have known more about the risks of sticking up for him than everyone else.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I expect virtually none of them know the true timeline, although Johnson's silence suggests he might have known more about the risks of sticking up for him than everyone else.

If only we had a contact tracing system based on tracking the mobile phone of those diagnosed with Covid 19.