When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

what was guidance if you had symptoms but also had children that needed looking after?

Guidance was clear that anyone had to isolate at home. He didnt break lockdown , he broke quarantine.

What's the point of lockdown? We may as well crack on and open up 100%

Showing symptoms was self-isolation for 7 days with other members of the household having to then isolate for 14 days. Nothing about being able to drive the length of the country for childcare requirements.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

so what do you do if you have kids?

Stay and look after them. But his wife wasnt ill according to her article in the spectator

Anyway it wasnt to travel 260 miles to your elderly parents.

Edited by zahidf

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Guidance was clear that anyone had to isolate at home. He didnt break lockdown , he broke quarantine.

What's the point of lockdown? We may as well crack on and open up 100%

It irritates the hell out of me because I've played by the rules to the letter during this whole thing. I've not seen my parents since February and haven't even considered going over, not even for the allowed one-to-one walk. We've all made sacrifices here and I'm happy to do that for the greater good, but if this privileged bell end is doing what he wants then I feel like an utter mug for not going to see my parents. And he knowingly had Covid!

Hopefully the statement from no. 10 with "He believes..." indicates they're leaving their options open at this point and not fully backing him. At least yet.

• Upvote 1

So presumably, with the new 14 day quarantine law for those travelling here from abroad (with £1,000 fine) should you come down with the virus, you'll be allowed to leave your home, drive hundreds of miles to your parents/sisters house if you have kids? 

• Like 1

Just now, steviewevie said:

was that the actual guidance?

The guidence was definitely not drive hundreds of miles in case your 70 year old plus parents need to take your kids (changed his story to his sister, as this all took place at his parents estate, she must be living with them, unless they have three houses on the estate?) 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

So presumably, with the new 14 day quarantine law for those travelling here from abroad (with £1,000 fine) should you come down with the virus, you'll be allowed to leave your home, drive hundreds of miles to your parents/sisters house if you have kids? 

I'd like to know what they expect full time van dwellers to do if they need to provide an address to isolate at... only one I could use is my parents who I would not put at risk as they are in their 80's! 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The guidence was definitely not drive hundreds of miles in case your 70 year old plus parents need to take your kids (changed his story to his sister, as this all took place at his parents estate, she must be living with them, unless they have three houses on the estate?) 

yeah true.

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I'd like to know what they expect full time van dwellers to do if they need to provide an address to isolate at... only one I could use is my parents who I would not put at risk as they are in their 80's! 

Travel to Dominic Cummings parents and use that as your address ? 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what?

Rule.1 is stay at home if you have coronavirus 

Ah yes will someone think of the children!  None of it makes sense really, when I feel ill I do not want to drive to the shop let alone miles away.  Why does he not have any local friends that could help out?  I wonder if being a massive w*nker has limited his social circle.  

Awful example of privilege in action.