When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

The lockdown is highlighting how much a pedant I am, but Benjamin Butterworth London to Durham is not across the feckin country, if there is an example of “up" the country for England then London to Durham encapsulates it. 

The other thing I am pedantic about is that Cummings is an arse.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Gives Starmer some added ammunition ... 

They need to put all the pressure as possible on this. The chap behind the modelling had to resign after breaking the lockdown guidelines. Granted that was more nefarious than this but I don't really see it as that different. Lockdown guidelines were pretty black and white and Cummings clearly broke them.

Edited by jparx

Just now, jparx said:

They need to put all the pressure as possible on this. The chap behind the modelling has to resign after breaking the lockdown guidelines. Granted that was more nefarious than this but I don't really see it as that different. Lockdown guidelines were pretty black and white and Cummings clearly broke them.

This could cause them some major difficulties ... how on earth are these people so fucking stupid ?!! 

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

They need to put all the pressure as possible on this. The chap behind the modelling had to resign after breaking the lockdown guidelines. Granted that was more nefarious than this but I don't really see it as that different. Lockdown guidelines were pretty black and white and Cummings clearly broke them.

Dr Catherine Calderwood resigned for spending weekends at her family home 40 miles away from Edinburgh, she and no one in her family had symptoms. 

Edited by Cherry Tree
The double negative made me look an arse

2 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Dr Catherine Calderwood resigned for spending weekends at her family home 40 miles away from Edinburgh, she and no one in her family had no symptoms. 

Ah yep, forgot that one. I just can't see him resigning though. He essentially runs the country. He's not giving up power without kicking and screaming and Boris certainly won't fire him.

Boy I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life though.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Cant leave the house with symptoms. 100% against the rules

It definitely is against the rules, and besides the morality of take the virus to your elderly parents as well. 

On Twitter it's already being covered up with several different terms trending rather than his actual name. 

Just another thought here - the defense is he stayed in a separate building to his parents. I thought the guidance was clear that you couldn't visit a second home? If he lives in London, he should remain in London. Staying in a separate building doesn't mean it fits with the guidelines at all.

Travelling to his parents 200 miles away is very clearly and simply against the guidelines. I'm sure they're frantically coming up with some spin but it seems very cut and dried.

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just another thought here - the defense is he stayed in a separate building to his parents. I thought the guidance was clear that you couldn't visit a second home? If he lives in London, he should remain in London. Staying in a separate building doesn't mean it fits with the guidelines at all.

Travelling to his parents 200 miles away is very clearly and simply against the guidelines. I'm sure they're frantically coming up with some spin but it seems very cut and dried.

I agree.

Didn't he drop his kid(s) off? The Prime Minister said very clearly before he'd made the trip that you shouldn't do that. And his parents are over 70.

It's pretty much looking worse than every other scandal that resulted in a resignation. 

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It definitely is against the rules, and besides the morality of take the virus to your elderly parents as well. 

The man quoted as saying “if it means some pensioners die, too bad”? He doesn’t care. He probably said that again as he got in the car.

• Upvote 1