When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Good news for our n Ireland members ... groups of 6 to meet ... some normality slowly creeping back 

We just had the in laws out the back garden for a cup of tea and a slice of cake for the first time in over 2 months. Rained...but bloody lovely it was! Our little one has really missed her grandparents. Couldn’t hug them yet, gotta wait a few weeks for that, but today felt like a baby step back to normal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

We just had the in laws out the back garden for a cup of tea and a slice of cake for the first time in over 2 months. Rained...but bloody lovely it was! Our little one has really missed her grandparents. Couldn’t hug them yet, gotta wait a few weeks for that, but today felt like a baby step back to normal. 

It’s so good to see the small steps back to normal ... it gives some sense of hope after watching horrific numbers for weeks on end even if it’s happening elsewhere at the moment ... I’m taking any positives I can at the moment .. I know it’s going to be a long path but seeing some of these things brings a small smile and that’s been lacking severely of late .. enjoy 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s so good to see the small steps back to normal ... it gives some sense of hope after watching horrific numbers for weeks on end even if it’s happening elsewhere at the moment ... I’m taking any positives I can at the moment .. I know it’s going to be a long path but seeing some of these things brings a small smile and that’s been lacking severely of late .. enjoy 

I know, I’d love to think we could all emerge from this and realise that simple pleasures are all we need. I remember watching that video of the Italian grandparents seeing their grandchild for the first time in months. Brought a big smile to my face and was something to look forward to. This will end, may take some more time, but it will! Won’t be too long before we can all see our families and friends a bit more. Hang in there!

42 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@Toilet Duck you do have a ticket for the next Glastonbury don't you?  If so, expect a free bar at the next meet, it's amazing having such expert knowledge on hand.

It seems weird that I'm going to a glasto forum to get info on this virus, but I suppose that shows what an amazing variety of people love the fest. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated @Toilet Duck 👍

10 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It seems weird that I'm going to a glasto forum to get info on this virus, but I suppose that shows what an amazing variety of people love the fest. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated @Toilet Duck 👍

Total lurker here but been coming here since my first festival back in 2008, mainly starting with the rumours page then moving to forums. Totally agree, lately found myself coming here to get updates on the virus from the likes of @Toilet Duck and others on here and also just to see other people’s views on the state of things, keep it up guys and thank you the amount of hope you’re giving me is incredible :)

4 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Total lurker here but been coming here since my first festival back in 2008, mainly starting with the rumours page then moving to forums. Totally agree, lately found myself coming here to get updates on the virus from the likes of @Toilet Duck and others on here and also just to see other people’s views on the state of things, keep it up guys and thank you the amount of hope you’re giving me is incredible :)

And just had to quickly remove and change my embarrassing profile picture (also from 2008)

21 minutes ago, Simsy said:

No worries, you’re most welcome. Glad I can help a bit and yes, this forum, like the festival is fantastic and varied!

Edited by Toilet Duck

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good news for our n Ireland members ... groups of 6 to meet ... some normality slowly creeping back 

Was very glad to hear that earlier! Will be going on a walk with my girlfriend tomorrow which will be the first time I have seen her since lockdown began... long overdue!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

You might want to rephrase that ... poke ? !! :) And doing it at a temple of all places !! 

Hahahaha! There was once speculation that another famous zoonosis entered the population by this very method!!! 

Just for absolute clarity - I have never tried to fornicate with an old world monkey! 

6 hours ago, Homer said:

I watched Brexit: Uncivil War the other day. Said on there that Cambridge Analytica's algorithms are so sophisticated that Facebook can identify people who are falling out of love with their partners.

Watched a video on Friday of a news cameraman being abused at a protest in the States. Someone replied underneath saying that Russian bots can identify individuals who are ripe for 'radicalisation' and bombard them with suggestible propaganda. Then, ultimately, supply them with the info on how to cause civil unrest. Had a link to some 'patriot' who had tried to plant a pipebomb. Scary stuff!

Who needs Trident when for a few quid you can reign terror on a population at almost no risk to yourself hey? 

5 hours ago, Homer said:

I found the monkeys in Bali terrifying!

It looked rather cute sat on a wall but moved at warp speed and then flashed the scariest set of gnashers I’ve ever seen. Luckily it was just a warning though! 

I played it cool and only partially shat my pants. 

Edited by semmtexx

16 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Who needs Trident when for a few quid you can reign terror on a population at almost no risk to yourself hey? 

Objectively speaking, the Russians/Putin are playing an absolute blinder. They're running the show.

just seen a photo of a customer in a mobility scooter in a supermarket  .... going against the arrows down an aisle ...... but its ok his helper has those magicians gloves that makes the virus disappear .....

Edited by crazyfool1