When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The article I saw had them loosening at 0.7 and going up to 0.9. What did you read?

In germany, it went up above 1 for maybe a day or two, but then went back down again to 0.7. On the whole in that week when for a day it went above 1, infections were 25% less than the week before, so on the whole the reproductive rate of the virus in Germany has been steadily decreasing.

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

I’m fed up of the kids shouting at me in the street on their bmx’s

😁must admit since retiring I no longer get the sniggers as you pass them in the streets, or the more common cheery hellos! And of course the occasional shout of ‘w*nkaaaaar’ after they have passed a safe distance! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

😁must admit since retiring I no longer get the sniggers as you pass them in the streets, or the more common cheery hellos! And of course the occasional shout of ‘w*nkaaaaar’ after they have passed a safe distance! 

Haha was that last bit from kids you told off? 😂

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hahahaha! Can just hear that shout out! 🤣

Made me lol! 😁

Edited by semmtexx

14 hours ago, Smeble said:

So your answer to stop there being so many people in each isle is more people in each isle?

You expect there to be lots staff putting their lives at risk In The supermarkets but you are far too special as a teacher to go back to work? Shocker, teacher not wanting to work. Don’t strain yourself.

This is completely unnecessary. This thread is here to be supportive of each other! Not only is it rude to the OP and teachers,I'd just rather not read this shit when I first wake up.

Happy Monday everyone!

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cheers for that but too scared to go anywhere near Paisley or  Kilmarnock, even when there isn’t a virus!😁😉.  Seriously, that would mean a drive that would not constitute a necessary journey .  Might look at  Tesco on line as we’ve used them in the past. Actually started using the local butcher and fishmonger who will take phone orders and deliver to the door. And their stuff is quality. 

Yeah fair enough. I’ve rationalised the driving (even taking the kids to get them out of the house) as justified by the vastly increased Social Distancing. Definitely better if you can use someone local though.

12 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

In germany, it went up above 1 for maybe a day or two, but then went back down again to 0.7. On the whole in that week when for a day it went above 1, infections were 25% less than the week before, so on the whole the reproductive rate of the virus in Germany has been steadily decreasing.

This is spot on. One of the dangers of Social Media during this episode is that bad news sticks while good news gets dismissed. There will be some fascinating studies to be had on Fear, and it worries me that any Government that way inclined now sees exactly how it can be used.

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

This is spot on. One of the dangers of Social Media during this episode is that bad news sticks while good news gets dismissed. There will be some fascinating studies to be had on Fear, and it worries me that any Government that way inclined now sees exactly how it can be used.

Use of fear has clearly Been used before in this country and it’s obvious that it seems to work as a tactic unfortunately... the brexit vote was a clear example of this :( 

5 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Interesting to see that Russia is now second in the world in terms of cases after the US yet their deaths are low.  Wonder what the explanation for that is?

Lying about the cause of deaths is my first thought

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lying about the cause of deaths is my first thought

Maybe they are only counting absolute 100% covid deaths rather than any death where covid is mentioned, like we are doing.  But even then the number still seems low.  It would be interesting to see how many overall excess deaths there are over the last couple of months there.

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This is completely unnecessary. This thread is here to be supportive of each other! Not only is it rude to the OP and teachers,I'd just rather not read this shit when I first wake up.

Happy Monday everyone!

Exactly. Unless it was meant to be jokey I just don't get it, if folk think teaching is a doddle wonder why they don't do it. The chap isn't always happy though, maybe he has a bad experience at school

15 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Maybe they are only counting absolute 100% covid deaths rather than any death where covid is mentioned, like we are doing.  But even then the number still seems low.  It would be interesting to see how many overall excess deaths there are over the last couple of months there.

It may be lag.  Russia appeared to get widespread infection later than many other countries, so if they're in the midst of high growth in cases, then it's probably the case that most of the infected population haven't had the virus long enough for it to kill them. 

18 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Exactly. Unless it was meant to be jokey I just don't get it, if folk think teaching is a doddle wonder why they don't do it. The chap isn't always happy though, maybe he has a bad experience at school

And when he met Yurgen Klopp ... and with swedes :( must be difficult going through life disliking large numbers of the population 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

And when he met Yurgen Klopp ... and with swedes :( 

Oh yea. Not a happy chap. I won't judge as who knows what is going on in his life. Or just a miserable person, I have a friend like that see's most things in a negative light and allows stuff to wind him up that he should just let go

30 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

There was a piece on the BBC at the weekend and they were saying that their Excess deaths did allude to them under counting

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Oh yea. Not a happy chap. I won't judge as who knows what is going on in his life. Or just a miserable person, I have a friend like that see's most things in a negative light and allows stuff to wind him up that he should just let go

Yep it’s definately a good shout not making judgements and assumptions about people’s lives for sure :) 

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It may be lag.  Russia appeared to get widespread infection later than many other countries, so if they're in the midst of high growth in cases, then it's probably the case that most of the infected population haven't had the virus long enough for it to kill them. 

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

There was a piece on the BBC at the weekend and they were saying that their Excess deaths did allude to them under counting

Looks like they are only counting cases where corona was the direct cause of death according to this article: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/05/13/60-of-coronavirus-patient-deaths-not-counted-toward-total-moscow-officials-say-a70269

"Russia only counts the deaths of coronavirus-positive patients toward its total if pathologists say the virus played a direct role in their death."

“Over 60% of deaths occurred from obvious alternate causes, such as vascular accidents, stage 4 malignant diseases, leukemia, systemic diseases linked to organ failure and other incurable deadly diseases,” Moscow's Health Department said in a statement.

It does make me wonder what our figures would be like if we counted deaths in this way.  Have the government published any info about that?