When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Lots of sensible social distancing from the photographers, whom I assume some are from national media.

Also in the still picture the copper behind is wearing his cap at a jaunty angle

Edited by fred quimby

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Lots of sensible social distancing from the photographers, whom I assume some are from national media.

Also in the still picture the copper behind is wearing his cap at a jaunty angle

... and then the next thing I see after I post is this. Ah well!

26 minutes ago, Homer said:

Thew wife is going cycling around central London with a friend today. Great idea! I told her to send me some pics. I'll post one or two if they're any good/suitably 28 Days Later-ish

My dad's news footage is used in the start of this film. 

Edited by semmtexx

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

The swab test is a simple quick non-invasive (though slightly unpleasant) test for the presence of Coronavirus but it does have it's limitations. Virus particles must be present in the area sampled and they must transfer to the swab for the test to be effective. This is not always the case as the virus particles could be in the lower respiratory tract, not the upper from where the test is taken. It is also believed the virus could lie dormant within cells where it is harder to detect.

Does have quite a high false neg rate though doesn't it. Mostly due to the sampling technique as you allude too. We had a study at work the other day. 300 of us swabbed. Supposedly all negative. 

Edited by semmtexx

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Do tell! 

Sure! I'm a bit proud to be honest! He covered lots of stuff. So there is some footage from the poll tax riots. Think two bits - a police car getting a scaffold bar through the window and a horse rearing up on a protester. Both filmed by my dad. It's a while since I've seen the film so that might not be exact but that's what I remember. Got quite a surprise when I saw the film at the cinema! 

Edited by semmtexx
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Lizzim said:

Why do folk keep misspelling "borders" these days?    I see it regularly on certain forums, not this one though. Or are you talking about staying in B&B ?  Am I missing something?

Sorry ma'am. That's me told. Nope. just missing a letter 'a' before B&B. Or are you talking about staying inside an actual breakfast? That could get messy.

20 hours ago, Smeble said:

If you think 6 months in jail is appropriate for breaking quarantine then you need to take a hard look in the mirror.

👍 I never did say I agree with the length of jail time. It just highlighted how relaxed our government has been about it. Which in turn will delay the lockdown further because nobody bothered to pay it any attention anyway thus pushing the daily stats up.

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

That's amazing.  Never change, people of Glastonbury.  

Posted this on the webcam thread, Had a look at the Glastonbury Tor live webcam a few hours ago, beautiful blue sky and quite a few folk climbing the Tor . So jealous.

oh and can I add this as a thought when finally this shit is over?

FFB80BEA-E481-42D2-B6F5-A7EA6E0EC898.thumb.jpeg.6a857355d10758bd5e0cfbc533282c70.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Those poor Police Officers.

I agree! They are on the frontline and dealing with loads abuse at the moment worse thing is there families and children and suffering as well! A police officer has just spent 7 days in isolation and his wife and two young children have spent 14 days! How do you explain to a 4yr old who can manage the rules his dad can’t put him to bed because someone didn’t! Horrific thing is he was spat at and It could be a lot worse than minor symptoms! 

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Sorry ma'am. That's me told. Nope. just missing a letter 'a' before B&B. Or are you talking about staying inside an actual breakfast? That could get messy.

Staying in bed much preferable to staying in breakfast.