When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm getting very sick and tired of them just saying with 'people in your household'. What about people like me that don't live with anyone? I'm practically forgotten. Why should family X be allowed to go and play sport outside but I can't all because they are in a household together.

This I what I’m confused about allot of my friends and myself all live alone! But we can’t see each other or are we now allowed to meet or visit but stay 2m apart? 
or am allowed to go to the beach or park and be 2m apart from a complete stranger!! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Spellings and pressed submit to soon

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Makes absolutely no difference to us. But that was what I expected. 

Also there's been people sunbathing and playing sports in the parks near me since this started! 

No mention of garden centres then?

I think maybe garden centres will be in the finer detail tomorrow?

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

This confuses me ... how can this work ? Unless the 4 have to be agreed and locked in ? And one of those households can’t have a different 4 ? 

Yeah it's 4 locked in. It's meant to allow close families to actually see each other, couples that live apart to see each other and so on. It's not really meant to let people see friends on any real scale, but a side benefit is that those who do live alone and have friends that do likewise, and no family, could also form a bubble and have some degree of human contact.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm getting very sick and tired of them just saying with 'people in your household'. What about people like me that don't live with anyone? I'm practically forgotten. Why should family X be allowed to go and play sport outside but I can't all because they are in a household together.

Well family X live together so if one person catches it, the other people will to. Living alone actually makes you safer than they are. But there's no benefit to restricting family X from going to the park together as they're already grouped together. And obviously it's not practical to have everyone live alone, though in a theoretically ideal world, you'd do just that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

This I what I’m confused about allot of my friends and myself all leave alone! But we can’t see each other or are we now allowed to meet or visit but stay 2m apart? 

Basically this Government don't give a damn what it's like if you live on your own. If you live with people that you already see you can do more with them, yet if you don't then you can continue to see no one. Just don't give that advice, or go into more detail for more different parts of the population.

I'm basically a forgotten member of society.

I think the ambiguity in the messaging is purposeful. It's proper Cummings Darwinism here. They need people to catch it so they develop an immunity and it dies out. So let the people who:

1) Are too poor to not work or able to work from home catch it

2) Are too stupid to stay inside when it's not completely illegal catch it

And when there is a spike in deaths, that will probably be to a point the NHS can just about cope, well it's the fault of these people for ignoring the "guidelines", not the government who were completely clear as to what you *should* do, but we get closer to herd immunity as a result, how helpful.

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Well family X live together so if one person catches it, the other people will to. Living alone actually makes you safer than they are. But there's no benefit to restricting family X from going to the park together as they're already grouped together. And obviously it's not practical to have everyone live alone, though in a theoretically ideal world, you'd do just that.

That's not my point.

My point is why should a household be able to go and play sports or games in the park, yet people that live on their own are supposed to stay in isolated away. It's fragmenting society, and adds to my feeling in all this that there is much more focus on families than people living on their own.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Basically this Government don't give a damn what it's like if you live on your own. If you live with people that you already see you can do more with them, yet if you don't then you can continue to see no one. Just don't give that advice, or go into more detail for more different parts of the population.

I'm basically a forgotten member of society.

You are significantly less likely to die of COVID-19 than people that live with other people. 

I totally get your point, it's a lot more draining on the psyche. But again: you're less likely to die. It's a trade off.

I know plenty of people (and there are some on this thread) who wish they had the luxury of living alone but have to deal with housemates who may or may not be observing social distancing and so putting them at risk. 

I get that you feel forgotten, but you should know there are many, many people massively envious of your position.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

You are significantly less likely to die of COVID-19 than people that live with other people. 

I totally get your point, it's a lot more draining on the psyche. But again: you're less likely to die. It's a trade off.

I know plenty of people (and there are some on this thread) who wish they had the luxury of living alone but have to deal with housemates who may or may not be observing social distancing and so putting them at risk. 

I get that you feel forgotten, but you should know there are many, many people massively envious of your position.

I know I'm in a fortunate position in that regards and I was in house shares once so completely understand the concerns there. I would feel equally hacked off in that situation too after this speech as there was commentary for those people really. The households steer is really only for families, why just because some have kids and are lucky enough to live with them should they get the only major focus by our PM. A wide portion of our society is regularly pushed to the back just because they aren't or don't live with families and this re-emphasises that point for me.

So totally confusing messages as usual, will be interesting to hear the details and how this can be put into actual practice!!

Go to work but don't use public transport

What are the work safety measures, what businesses are going to open

Now free for all in going outdoors and exercise (we will see loads going to the country side and beaches again)

Also, it seems the death count is an acceptable level as wasn't 500K!! nice benchmark move there :huh:

I'm almost glad the weather has turned sh*t, so it might keep people indoors but basically they just want us to go out and build that herd immunity

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Same! and he didn't even suggest at what stage of the plan this might change.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

'm basically a forgotten member of society

Plenty in  similar positions in terms of that oz ... I’m going to go and book a tennis court to play tennis against myself ... I’m gonna be super fit by the end of this !! 

"France to be exempt from UK quarantine rules, Johnson and Macron agree

Downing Street has just released a joint statement from the British and French governments, following a call between Boris Johnson and the French president, Emmanuel Macron, earlier.

It says the French will be exempt from the UK’s proposed quarantine restrictions. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ha ha see a couple of posts up ... how’s that for a quick government response :) 

So you can play tennis against a single opponent but only touch the ball you serve with,  so each player uses their own balls, (oh er missus).  You could play doubles if your partner is in your household.  You can’t go too near the net if you get within 2m of the opponent.  No sharing the fruit squash. 

Unless you are in Scotland where you will be nicked as we are still under house arrest . I can see Andy Murray applying to be given honorary English status. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

So you can play tennis against a single opponent but only touch the ball you serve with,  so each player uses their own balls, (oh er missus).  You could play doubles if your partner is in your household.  You can’t go too near the net if you get within 2m of the opponent.  No sharing the fruit squash. 

Unless you are in Scotland where you will be nicked as we are still under house arrest . I can see Andy Murray applying to be given honorary English status. 

It's so dumb.

"Work from home if you can; go to work if you can't." That's just dreadful advice. Lambs to the slaughter.

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve just decided to take up golf ... no chance of anyone finding my balls there .. let alone handling them ... I’m also going to check if swingball is allowed ... with social distancing :) 

43 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Makes absolutely no difference to us. But that was what I expected. 

Also there's been people sunbathing and playing sports in the parks near me since this started! 

No mention of garden centres then?

Garden Centres. That's what I'm hanging out for .I make and supply garden products......