When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you appeal to the head? Not allowing hand sanitizer is a dangerous rule.

It happened two days before we shut down before Spring, which was two weeks after social distancing was implemented. I believe it was on recommendation by Sussex & Hampshire CC’s but cannot confirm.

Edited by Bisque

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Uk nations about to go their separate ways?

Well that is what she wants, she will just do the opposite of what Westminster does. Devolution is one of the worst things to ever happen to the UK. Should have just given them a referendum and be done with it. Have to say I’m sick to death of sturgeon on my tv, you don’t see the welsh first minister on national tv at every possible opportunity, but sturgeon seems to get on every single news bulletin. I’d be more than happy for Scotland to leave if it meant I don’t have to see that woman on my tv every single sodding day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, Smeble said:

Well that is what she wants, she will just do the opposite of what Westminster does. Devolution is one of the worst things to ever happen to the UK. Should have just given them a referendum and be done with it. Have to say I’m sick to death of sturgeon on my tv, you don’t see the welsh first minister on national tv at every possible opportunity, but sturgeon seems to get on every single news bulletin. I’d be more than happy for Scotland to leave if it meant I don’t have to see that woman on my tv every single sodding day.

And this, in a nutshell, is why many of us are so keen to see Scotland leave the UK. Pathetic comments. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

You mean apart from the press conference they have every day?

I mean someone briefing the press about lifting of lockdown measures on monday before a sunny bank holiday weekend, and then panicing and them having to backtrack. They only started doing the daily downing street because there was an outcry that there was a pandemic sweeping through parts of europe and Bojo was just popping up on the tv every few days to tell us to wash our hands....and even back then we were being told that london would lock down, and then it wouldn't, then over 70s would have to isolate themselves for months, and then they wouldn't. The downing st press thing has just become some sort of PA exercise as they deflect from the multiple govt fuckups...although it is useful to have the science/medical experts there to explain stuff.

Tory snide

You mean apart from the press conference they have every day?

They barely give any decent communication about their plans. It’s all leaked out to the press as has happened here and then refuse to answer the majors of questions. So yes their communication is terrible.

Do you have a thing against powerful women?

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you appeal to the head? Not allowing hand sanitizer is a dangerous rule.

they're banned in prisons. People drink it. ;) 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The last thing that should happen in this awful nightmare is political opportunism. We should be acting as the United Kingdom, it’s far too serious an issue  to have different regions going their own way. Discuss and consult but have a common policy. 

Too late.  Have you seen the front pages of the tabloids this week?  Operation Protect Bozza in full effect.  The gloves are now off and everything's at stake.

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Too late.  Have you seen the front pages of the tabloids this week?  Operation Protect Bozza in full effect.  The gloves are now off and everything's at stake.

Remember that the tabloids protect bozza because their readership are more likely to buy papers which protect bozza. I think some people forget that the tabloids write and publish what their readership want to hear.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Remember that the tabloids protect bozza because their readership are more likely to buy papers which protect bozza. I think some people forget that the tabloids write and publish what their readership want to hear.

Nobody had forgotten that, people are just commenting that it’s happening.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nobody had forgotten that, people are just commenting that it’s happening.

People have totally forgotten that. Banning the Daily Mail or the Sun would not end the problem, something new would spring up in its place. There are swathes of readers across the country that keep it a float.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

People have totally forgotten that. Banning the Daily Mail or the Sun would not end the problem, something new would spring up in its place. There are swathes of readers across the country that keep it a float.

Banning The S*n needs to happen. As a statement. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

That's only partly true. The newspapers also print what is in the best interest of their owners, manipulating public opinion in their favour. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Tbf their readership want to hear that because they planted the seeds in the first place.

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

That's only partly true. The newspapers also print what is in the best interest of their owners, manipulating public opinion in their favour. 

People wouldn’t buy if they didn’t agree.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf their readership want to hear that because they planted the seeds in the first place.

Or they’ve devised a business model off the fact that a lot of people out there want to see their intolerant views reflected in high media. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think they buy it for tits and Clarkson and the political stuff pollutes subconsciously.

You’re right that peeps are gonna be freaked out if they go to pick up The Sun and it’s suddenly a Corbyn love-in, but wrong if you think the tail is wagging the dog.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think they buy it for tits and Clarkson and the political stuff pollutes subconsciously.

You’re right that peeps are gonna be freaked out if they go to pick up The Sun and it’s suddenly a Corbyn love-in, but wrong if you think the tail is wagging the dog.

I think it goes both ways...the papers definitely sway opinion, but also a lot of people are shitty bellends.

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Most newspapers will try to print what  their target readership want to hear. They also attempt to lead public opinion rather than deal in  facts that would allow the individual to make up their own mind. Anything that sells their rag.  Up here we’ve a ‘paper’ that thankfully doesn’t sell very well called the National.  It’s pure pro sturgeon propaganda , it’s like something out of the50s Soviet Union!  

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

True, but do you not think the media plays a roll in influencing peoples' opinion? What's the point of owning a largely loss making business such as newspapers if there's nothing in it?