When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Any idea if these fucking morons have any kind of a ‘point’ beyond wanting to make it all about them?

might pop into town and reduce the social distance temporarily between my foot and one of their arses.

I find it so upsetting that some people have such extremist and ridiculous views and are putting other people’s lives at risk just for their own selfish gains.

I hope they were all given very large fines.

I can only hope that, if the dry cough and fever finally comes knocking on my door, the local in-breds are holding a similar event to the one in the video above.  As an austere, non-tactile kind of person, it would be good for my mental health to get out and spread some hugs, kisses and communal coughing.

Down here in Australia, where like New Zealand we've pretty much escaped the tragedy found elsewhere (partly due to being an island in the arse end of the world, and partly due to strict and early lockdown measures), there is due to be a federal announcement on easing restrictions on Friday 8th May.

It seems likely that non-essential travel will be allowed up to 50km from home, small gatherings of up to 10 people maybe, parks and beaches may get re-opened.

Pubs and clubs will likely have a medium level time frame and reports suggest they'll still have to adhere to social distancing, so no 'at the bar' service - table service only - and I can't imagine how a dance floor would operate. Domestic travel inter-state is probably medium term as well, so we're looking at July-ish for that.

Longer term will be international travel, and nobody has a Scooby what that will look like right now.

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mask has arrived ... think I might struggle ... it’s not so easy to wear with glasses 

C0549637-DB10-409E-A375-0D24B90ABCD3.jpeg

I know my glasses keep steaming up!! It's going to be hard not adjusting it and touching my glasses when wearing a mask tbh

53 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I've had a few ciders but bare with.

I've had a think and as odd as it sounds (and I'm not a huggy person) I'm actually exited to give my mother in law a hug after all this shite is over.

Must be good cider , what was it 😂

11 hours ago, zahidf said:

That was such a frustrating article! 

I'm afraid I didn't make it past the first paragraph before resorting to internet research to learn more, and that "more" made me curse the simplicity of some journalism. 

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

What are people actually protesting against?

I understand why people are frustrated in the US, but I am not sure why people are protesting here.

In America small businesses are being expected to close, but large corporation chains are allowed to stay open. I can understand why some people who own small businesses feel like they are being “taken over”.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

What are people actually protesting against?

It a handful of anti-5g, anti-vax conspiracy theorists led by Piers Corbin that are meeting weekly at the market cross although numbers are reducing each time. You can find plenty more about it on the web if you're interested/bored. If you are really bored take a look on the Glastonbury town webcam around lunchtime today.

WTF he's allowed to travel to Glastonbury at this time is beyond me.

Boris Johnson suggests doctors had a "death of Stalin" type scenario on their hands in the event of his death; media laughs it up, good old Boris etc.

Jeremy Corbyn rides a bike slightly similar to Chairman Mao's; media goes into overdrive wetting itself about communism. 

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

If you are really bored take a look on the Glastonbury town webcam around lunchtime today.

More exciting than I was expecting.  Looks like there's a police horse in the background and a group of wannabe Hells Angels have just ridden onto the market square.  It's not a particularly big protest, but there doesn't seem to be a big enough police presence there to deal with it.

45 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Boris Johnson suggests doctors had a "death of Stalin" type scenario on their hands in the event of his death; media laughs it up, good old Boris etc.

I think you're wrong to blame the media for this - none would ever turn down that sort of exclusive from the PM (whoever that PM was).

What's fucking shameless here is how Spaffer offered it up to them, like there's something special about his recovery during a pandemic where 40,000+ have already died.

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

I think you're wrong to blame the media for this - none would ever turn down that sort of exclusive from the PM (whoever that PM was).

What's fucking shameless here is how Spaffer offered it up to them, like there's something special about his recovery during a pandemic where 40,000+ have already died.

We can’t comment on that because the crises isn’t over yet, there’s some new rule that we can only pass a judgement and critique after the event has happened. Soz 😉