When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Really feeling it today.

Should be boasting to mates about "next month"

fuck this shit

Fucking shit yeah but at least there’s no fomo & we are all in the same situation.

Think of it this way... how much more will you appreciate Glastonbury next year? Going to be party of the decade if it is on.

5 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Fucking shit yeah but at least there’s no fomo & we are all in the same situation.

Think of it this way... how much more will you appreciate Glastonbury next year? Going to be party of the decade if it is on.

You're right and i realise its a very selfish comment given the circs but i feel really shitty today..

4 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

You're right and i realise its a very selfish comment given the circs but i feel really shitty today..

No not at all! We are all allowed to be selfish from time to time too!

I normally plan a big trip away every year, it’s kind of been tradition since I split up from my ex from when we used to go travelling together, kind of like a fuck you after we split up along with her not getting Glasto tickets. 2020 is just a write off but I’m selfishly holding out for something the end of the year. Maybe a quick trip to Berlin or getting around to going to South America, just keeping my hopes up. That’s all we can do.

If nothing happens then one day we can look back & say “2020 was rubbish wasn’t it? At least we lived through it.”

Most people on here are more than happy to hear others vent 😊

2 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

That's an interesting plan, phases seem well thought out. Festivals ok from 10th Aug should interest people here 😁 (if all goes well and off the UK plan is similar of course). Thanks for posting @Toilet Duck

Best the festivals err on the side of caution? Surely Reading and Leeds won’t happen this year as they are too big/packed in?

3 hours ago, Cherry Tree said:

A proposal for grownups, not sure this this sort of discussion document will catch on when we can just manipulate data to set an agenda.

“Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings only in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with”.

Explain to me how a festival can put in place social distancing measures? I think they are probably talking about local fates not 100,000 + gigs.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

“Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings only in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with”.

Explain to me how a festival can put in place social distancing measures? I think they are probably talking about local fates not 100,000 + gigs.

This is how I see it. Certainly can't see festivals happening this year.

I'm most concerned about the fact there's no mention of when you can touch / hug members of your own family.

It's absolutely killing mine and my Wife's parents not being able to hold their 16 week old granddaughter.

56 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm most concerned about the fact there's no mention of when you can touch / hug members of your own family.

It's absolutely killing mine and my Wife's parents not being able to hold their 16 week old granddaughter.

I’ve got 2 young nephews, it’s tough not being able to see them and cuddle them. My Mum is finding that tough too (for the grand kids, she probably can do with not hugging me for a bit 😂).

Yeah my parents are finding it really tough, both in their seventies and my dad with heart issues so none of us can see them, and their two young grandchildren. They used to look after the 2.5 year old every week and she’s at the stage where she is changing every day, so it’s sad. The annoying with is both having had the flu jab, my mums adamant she caught it from a woman at her work whose husband definitely had it. So some sort of antibody test would be a massive help for a lot of people in that regard.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah, my daughter is seriously missing her grandparents, she’s the only grandchild on both sides and all of them just can’t wait to give her a cuddle. We’re back to a quick chat through the window soon (she hates to FaceTime them, makes her too sad), and hopefully a cup of tea in the back garden in a few weeks. None of us have seen anyone in weeks, so the risk while actually touching each other is minute, but we’ve stuck with it. My mother (by far the most immumocompromised of the bunch) won’t last much longer to be honest. They’ll all miss her birthday next week, but we’ll do something in a few weeks. I can’t imagine how hard is is not to be able to hold your 16 week old grandchild though. 

Read through the plan in detail last night, it’s very conservative (surprise surprise for a Fine Gael document!). But it’s transparent, which is what I like. Taoiseach was on the Late Late last night explaining it, and was pushed hard on some of the points and the timings. While sequential within their own headings, different strands may move at different paces. The festivals in the document aren’t Glastonbury sized things! All the festivals this summer in Ireland are cancelled already (Electric Picnic have held out as the ban in licenses for events with >5000 people expires at the end of August, a week before the festival, but, I’d be amazed if it goes ahead). 

I would’ve thought of all the places in the world the US will be the one looking to get back to normal as quick as possible. I’m not excusing it by any stretch, but you have to allow for the fact that everything is accelerated there in terms of the negative impact of the lockdown. Unemployment has gone through the roof, $1200 isn’t going to get most people very far. Again not excusing It, but at the same time the vast majority of us Brits are fine right now and will be fine for a couple more months at least in comparison to a lot of Americans.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I didnt realise our social distancing was further away than the WHO guidelines.

IMG_20200502_110045.jpg

Not even pretending that they're not looking for their preferred version of the 'science' anymore. There isnt even any doubt that this won't cause massive transmission, but as long as a scientist says it (even under pressure from Cummings) it's their fault. 

Remember that not overwhelming the NHS is the aim with this reopening. So far our death rate is very high, however the NHS hasn't been officially overwhelmed so they have a LOT of room for infections rising there. Sure they'll try contact tracing but they won't enforce it so it'll be pretty futile in the end

40 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Idioits

Any idea if these fucking morons have any kind of a ‘point’ beyond wanting to make it all about them?

might pop into town and reduce the social distance temporarily between my foot and one of their arses.

• Upvote 1