When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s also not true, the guy didn’t say this and it’s being spread as if he did.

Conspiracy theorists will still consider this true though.

Any decent conspiracy theorist would be asking "who created this false quote and why?" they may also ask "why has Alan Sugar reposted a  quote that has been around about a week and has been proved fake", does he not check anything he reads or is he trying to spread anti-Chinese propaganda? It could be he is just a bit dense, that would be my theory but then I don't particularly like him.

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Any decent conspiracy theorist would be asking "who created this false quote and why?" they may also ask "why has Alan Sugar reposted a  quote that has been around about a week and has been proved fake", does he not check anything he reads or is he trying to spread anti-Chinese propaganda? It could be he is just a bit dense, that would be my theory but then I don't particularly like him.

Hopefully not this one - I still have concerns about a war with them coming - that graph of American unemployed could very well correlate with a "need" over there to get involved in one 

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

*Le Creuset wrist* It’s the new “avocado hand” - an aching arm after taking one’s best saucepan outside to bang during the weekly ‘Clap For Carers.’ It might be heavy but you’re keen to impress the neighbours with your high-quality kitchenware.

Yeah this is why my wrist hurts...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

I’m afraid with conspiracy theorists it’s a case of planing the seed. If they see it’s put into their mind you can’t really get it out of their minds.

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So he’s announced nothing

did you miss it? He announced success.

The measure of 'success' being that the NHS wasn't overwhelmed.

The number of dead, that might have been lower? That's inconsequential, and nothing to do with him.

And we thought Trump was shameless.

Just now, Neil said:

did you miss it? He announced success.

The measure of 'success' being that the NHS wasn't overwhelmed.

The number of dead, that might have been lower? That's inconsequential, and nothing to do with him.

And we thought Trump was shameless.

And the tunnel with the lush green grass ... if only I was a cow !! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

might be another 3 weeks with a few tweaks.

Yeah i think that's it. I think they will ease restrictions on some small, very specific areas from the 11th with the first big easing three weeks later.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What kind of things do we think might be eased? Just allow more shops to open with social distancing maybe?

if we go down the route of other European countries .... small shops and maybe garden centres ... they have a lot to shift and are more outdoors so potentially a safer environment .... a phased opening of schools might start ( although it might be a little early preparation wise ) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

if we go down the route of other European countries .... small shops and maybe garden centres ... they have a lot to shift and are more outdoors so potentially a safer environment .... a phased opening of schools might start ( although it might be a little early preparation wise ) 

Probably right. Won't make much difference to my life currently then as I'm not about to go shopping! Might wander down to the garden centre for a change of scene...

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What kind of things do we think might be eased? Just allow more shops to open with social distancing maybe?

Pretty much, it'll just be garden centres and some other shops. I think garden centres as they are larger so easier to have social distancing in place.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

suspect garden centres will be opening up for sure. Maybe hairdressers? A lot will depend on how the other countries go. Theyll let people go see family and friends in houses as well I reckon

im going to give my hairdresser double .... hes got a lot to get through ... in fact a trip to get some garden sheers might be a good idea at the garden centre first ...

• Upvote 1

Been having to catch the tube all week (and for the next two weeks) central and northern lines. Obviously nowhere near usual levels of business, but central line especially still has numbers at 0600 and 1600. Nearly lost my rag with the beggar shaking his cup at me, walking down the carriage with not a shred of PPE on him.