When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope that Mrs L has adequate PPE, so sad to read of her colleagues.  Can I echo your sentiments about not relaxing the precautions. We are getting there.  Hospitals are not at capacity here but the situation in local care homes is dire. Mrs C is a home carer and here PPE is woeful. Finally got aprons, hopeless, as thin as those bags you get in Tesco to put loose fruit it!  Her problem is dealing with dementia patients, they just don’t know what’s going on and are scared by carers in masks, gloves etc!  Every day we talk about the day when we will finally get back to Glastonbury!  What a great feeling it will be getting that wristband on! 

Stay safe Mrs C. Our health professionals are the backbone of the  NHS and the many do jobs which are undervalued and underpaid. Hopefully this pandemic will see a culture shift in their recognition.

There are many harrowing events happening on a daily basis. All personal experiences that go unreported. It's been a dreadful 6 - 7 weeks which I've experienced through Mrs L. From her tears at patients giving up on life to a direct self-answering "I'm not going to make it" question asked to her by a lady...... Better times ahead.....

Edited by Lycra

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Based on the breaking news ... he’s excused ... 

Boris avoiding work is a constant, not the result of illness or another child he's not interested in. ;) 

Edited by Neil

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Paternity now ... followed by summer recess ? 

yep.

He'll be back to announce the end of some lockdown measures tho, like that is a personal success of his.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

yep.

He'll be back to announce the end of some lockdown measures tho, like that is a personal success of his.

He’s notorious for laziness don’t think he could have planned this better (and yes I’m aware he didn’t ) I do fear that he’s going to come through unblemished as he can easily deflect blame just like trump is doing with the us media .. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

He’s notorious for laziness don’t think he could have planned this better (and yes I’m aware he didn’t ) I do fear that he’s going to come through unblemished as he can easily deflect blame just like trump is doing with the us media .. 

It’s already happening. He never comes out of any event looking worse in the eyes of the public, it’s like he can do no wrong. Keir Starmer though, in a job for 2 weeks and is trusted less than Johnson!

Nothing he does will ever be fairly critiqued. There’s little point in any of it.  

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s already happening. He never comes out of any event looking worse in the eyes of the public, it’s like he can do no wrong. Keir Starmer though, in a job for 2 weeks and is trusted less than Johnson!

Nothing he does will ever be fairly critiqued. There’s little point in any of it.  

I’m really not sure how they can do a better job in opposition ... it seems like fair game to attack the opposition but not the government... 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m really not sure how they can do a better job in opposition ... it seems like fair game to attack the opposition but not the government... 

Yep. It’s what happens when the Tories have had the media’s backing for the last few years. Plus people just don’t seem to care, because Boris is a character.

My friend who’s a parking attendant has been recalled to work today to man the local covid drive through at a park and ride ... I know the govt are desperate to get those numbers up ... but issuing tickets ?!! ( think it’s just traffic marshalling ) 

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

If they get away with this then we might as well just scrap it all, scrap debate, scrap opposition, scrap elections. Hand them the keys to the country as nothing makes any difference anymore. 

I said almost those exact words last night actually - that's pretty much the situation we're in. They'll get back in at the next election whatever happens with this virus, unless they severely anger the business leaders at the newspapers more than Labour ever would which is impossible, and even then they can probably Facebook ads their way to a majority. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I said almost those exact words last night actually - that's pretty much the situation we're in. They'll get back in at the next election whatever happens with this virus, unless they severely anger the business leaders at the newspapers more than Labour ever would which is impossible, and even then they can probably Facebook ads their way to a majority. 

It’s soul destroying to see it happen. We might as well get rid of elections, we don’t vote them out when they fuck up. It’s extremely demoralising to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Did a zoom quiz at the weekend with a few mates and one of the questions we got was 'according to his wikipedia entry, how many children does Boris Johnson have?'. The answer being, most entertainingly, '5 or 6'.

Pleased to report I've just checked and it's now been updated accordingly as of this morning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson#Personal_life

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s soul destroying to see it happen. We might as well get rid of elections, we don’t vote them out when they fuck up. It’s extremely demoralising to me.

I don't know, all this will come out in the future hopefully..at moment it seems like a lot of people just want it over as quick as possible and some less depressing news.

Who knows where we'll be by the next election, tories have a big majority now, but economy could be a mess, and with that public finances.

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I fear that coronavirus becomes the excuse for all the failures of this administration brexit the lot and they just end up returning ... 

Maybe. Hate to say it, but Johnson is popular with the public. That's why tory MPs ended up reluctantly backing him, he is a winner.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is it out of order to not really care that the PM has had a kid? Obviously it’s good for them and I hope they are all healthy but I’m not bothered by the news?

Of course it isn't out of order, couldn't give a shit...but it is obviously fair enough for him not to be doing PMQs etc.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Of course it isn't out of order, couldn't give a shit...but it is obviously fair enough for him not to be doing PMQs etc.

Well he could show up to that couldn’t he, they do it virtually now. He should Zoom in from the delivery ward 😉

See this is the top level of work I’d bring to the PM role. #voteOzanne