When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Wonder if it would be similar here?

IMG_20200423_184704.jpg

I think that’s inevitable at the moment whilst we are on lockdown .. my response would be no to all of those ... ask me a couple of weeks after I’ve returned to work and it’s very likely my response will have changed 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not round here, but quite a small town. What are you noticing? 

Likewise ... people waiting for haircuts in a local flat ... a party ... groups of lads in cars ...maybe just a bad few hours or me getting cabin fever ... motorway seemed busier too as I went over it for my walk 

37 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone else noticing the lockdown beginning to breakdown ... 

I can feel the urge in myself. Especially the "only outside for 1 hour near your house" bit. I've not fucked it off mind, but it's starting to become tempting.  I'll make it to the end of the 6 weeks, but I have a feeling it's going to be tricky to get everyone to comply as strictly beyond that. At least not without more severe punishments.  I hope things do get loosened a little bit after these 3 weeks are up. I'd love to go to the tip at least!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can feel the urge in myself. Especially the "only outside for 1 hour near your house" bit. I've not fucked it off mind, but it's starting to become tempting.  I'll make it to the end of the 6 weeks, but I have a feeling it's going to be tricky to get everyone to comply as strictly beyond that. At least not without more severe punishments.  I hope things do get loosened a little bit after these 3 weeks are up. I'd love to go to the tip at least!

lets hope the tip is one of the things they open then :) 

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We could do with taking the embarrassing amount of bottles there for sure!! 

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Wonder if it would be similar here?

IMG_20200423_184704.jpg

It'll be a while before the "Yes" column starts to creep up imo. Given we're not quite at that point yet where vaccines or proven treatments are readily available, there'll be a lot of fear about when it might be safe to even go to the cinema or just out to eat, nevermind take a plane or go to a big event.

Hell, I'm finding it crazy enough just to visit a supermarket right now, nevermind the thought of going to a big city to an event with a big crowd.

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Glad I'm not the only one jonesing for the tip.

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Tips in Greater Manchester are looking to reopen in the next couple of weeks, according the the Mayor.

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The real heros are the clappers

IMG_20200423_215656.jpg

God forbid they do something fun eh? Must be a fucking nightmare working for the NHS at the minute and this guy has the audacity to criticise them for dancing?

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

God forbid they do something fun eh? Must be a fucking nightmare working for the NHS at the minute and this guy has the audacity to criticise them for dancing?

Im with you! They can dance and sing all they like if thts want keeps them going and gives them a bit of of break! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻💙 They are doing a great job!!! Thank you blue light brigade and all the other keyworkers! They are keeping us all going! 

Edited by funkychick2007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The Rochdale one near me is opening 2nd of May but weekends only due to it being on an industrial estate. Others are 7 days a week, but looks like winter hours. 

My office chair broke on week one of the lockdown and has been clogging up my office ever since (I call it an office, it's a basement full of crap and my computer)

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

We could do with taking the embarrassing amount of bottles there for sure!! 

I live next door to a pub, which is closed, of course. When the bin men come here it’s going to sound exactly like when their bin men come in normal times! Trying to tell myself there’s no issue here, it’s just the situation we’re in! 😂

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know! The only thing keeping me going 🤓

Can’t even get down the side alley there’s that much shit that needs to go to the tip! 

Spoke to my surgeon today before he took my appendix out (great timing from me to need that) and he said he expects hospitals workers to be dressed head to toe in protective gear until at least next year. It massively slows surgery down having to dress like that and they can't do keyhole as it has an increased change of infection. This will only end when we have a jab for it realistically