When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Welcome back ... full support about if you need it 

Have been good, supporting family and Working from home. Trying to do a few bits for the community but thought I'd pop my head back in here to make sure we're all good :)

Just now, chazwwe said:

Have been good, supporting family and Working from home. Trying to do a few bits for the community but thought I'd pop my head back in here to make sure we're all good :)

There’s a few taking breaks for obvious reasons there are some usefull threads for filling downtime and support about for those struggling too ... not easy times for anyone but having people to chat to on here helps me 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There’s a few taking breaks for obvious reasons there are some usefull threads for filling downtime and support about for those struggling too ... not easy times for anyone but having people to chat to on here helps me 

Must admit it’s really helpful dipping in and out of here every day. Havnt posted a cheer up photo for a while so took this today. In the foreground a deserted golf course, then the firth of Clyde devoid of any shipping where it’s usually alive with yachts and in the background the mountains with the last of the snows on the summits.

C1D6DD47-B90C-4F27-AF85-5A8853ECBBD2.thumb.jpeg.0ba2cc40686fddb38fe55fad5e312d5a.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Must admit it’s really helpful dipping in and out of here every day. Havnt posted a cheer up photo for a while so took this today. In the foreground a deserted golf course, then the firth of Clyde devoid of any shipping where it’s usually alive with yachts and in the background the mountains with the last of the snows on the summits.

C1D6DD47-B90C-4F27-AF85-5A8853ECBBD2.thumb.jpeg.0ba2cc40686fddb38fe55fad5e312d5a.jpeg

I’ve just had a massive cheer up ... see good news thread :) 

4 hours ago, gizmoman said:

but the gist is clear the vaccine is coming sooner rather than later, the journo who said they are making 1million doses BEFORE they have even tested it let the cat out of the bag.

Wait, is there really a possibility of releasing an untested vaccine ?  

Untested?

6 minutes ago, WhoamI? said:

Wait, is there really a possibility of releasing an untested vaccine ?  

Untested?

I think it's more that this is costing so much money that they are willing to produce a vaccine in bulk so if it did pass testing, we could deploy it immediately rather than waiting months for enough to be produced. And if it fails testing then it can be thrown away.

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Does he talk about sacrificing thousands on the altar of herd immunity?

No but he does say that health workers are by far the most at risk group during a pandemic, the government forgot to mention that when they were asking retired Doctors etc. to volunteer.