When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, Ozanne said:

By doing so though they are treating everyone like morons. I and plenty of others can still carry out the stay at home message whilst also listen to their plan for ending the lockdown.

It only ‘works’ at the moment because people understand it’s the only way, they haven’t even tried to discuss how it ends with us.

If they did start to discuss it and people then begun to flout the stay at home order then here’s a novel idea - do something to those people! 

Certainly interesting how they approach it.

At the moment we have the all in it together stance and a shared experience (just like Glastonbury :) ) . As soon as you start saying - what we will do is allow these people to go out and about and not these people you start to get people annoyed at why others have this and not them and why not them and the mood changes. Wrong of course but I get a feeling that is how people are.

Glyndebourne can go ahead but no Glastonbury until 2022 as there is more social distancing there

Only people with blond hair can go to the Park during headliners etc for social distancing reasons

Not sure releasing an exit plan too early would work too well either, as the situation is unknown, so you are dealing with various variables that could change. As soon as you say this is what we are going to do then that is what people hear and want to stick to that. And people would probably see it as well let's do it. Some folk are stupid.

But yea I agree most people can take a message and understand it, just not sure it would be as many as I think

Just now, fred quimby said:

At the moment we have the all in it together stance and a shared experience (just like Glastonbury :) ) . As soon as you start saying - what we will do is allow these people to go out and about and not these people you start to get people annoyed at why others have this and not them and why not them and the mood changes. Wrong of course but I get a feeling that is how people are.

Glyndebourne can go ahead but no Glastonbury until 2022 as there is more social distancing there

Only people with blond hair can go to the Park during headliners etc for social distancing reasons

Not sure releasing an exit plan too early would work too well either, as the situation is unknown, so you are dealing with various variables that could change. As soon as you say this is what we are going to do then that is what people hear and want to stick to that. And people would probably see it as well let's do it. Some folk are stupid.

But yea I agree most people can take a message and understand it, just not sure it would be as many as I think

Works for me, I have blonde hair.

25 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

They should caveat any of it by saying it’s subject to the data, any massive changes will have to mean plans revisited. It’s basically how it is now, in basic day to day life. The only difference here is the government have the ultimate say in how we handle our lives down nearly to a very specific level. 

The lockdown should continue but they should be more open with us about their plans going forward. If they have any that is. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Did Fairports Cropredy a few years back as the Levellers and a couple of our Avalon regulars  were playing. Lovely laid back festival in a beautiful location. Really well organised and a couple of nice pubs in the  village. Didn’t think it would survive this year. 

Yeah it's lovely isn't it? Went twice back in the day and the pubs nearby make for a great little fringe festival. The music at the main festival is not really my thing on the whole but it's so friendly and chilled and the weather is usually ace.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

its dwp, so the bereavement line is for anyone who was receiving any benefits or pensions, all ages :( 

You can't change what has happened to them but you can listen and be clear about what help they can get. It's really tough listening to people's distress all day, especially if you don't have peer or management support for a debrief  (they definitely should offer this). Be kind to yourself and schedule an activity straight after work  (an actual shower if needed) to 'wash off ' other people's emotions which you feel you are left carrying. If you find it's stirring up your own stuff, talk to friends you know will support you, or post on here. Don't isolate with other people's sadness as well as your own.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm interested to see how people start acting towards the end of this next 3 week period.

I really can see public unrest creeping in.

Honestly don't think folk will react well to a further extension come May 7th.

I don't know, at moment public seems very much on board with these restrictions...infact you get many who thinks they should be stricter...limiting exercise etc...probably mostly from those with nice big gardens.

3 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

its dwp, so the bereavement line is for anyone who was receiving any benefits or pensions, all ages :( 

37 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

You can't change what has happened to them but you can listen and be clear about what help they can get. It's really tough listening to people's distress all day, especially if you don't have peer or management support for a debrief  (they definitely should offer this). Be kind to yourself and schedule an activity straight after work  (an actual shower if needed) to 'wash off ' other people's emotions which you feel you are left carrying. If you find it's stirring up your own stuff, talk to friends you know will support you, or post on here. Don't isolate with other people's sadness as well as your own.  

Dizzy moos advice is really good working with peoples emotion and lives can at times be tough! I find doing my exercise at the end of work And showering helps! And dont forget to talk to others in some way! 🌈

28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm interested to see how people start acting towards the end of this next 3 week period.

I really can see public unrest creeping in.

Honestly don't think folk will react well to a further extension come May 7th.

Prepare yourself then, there's highly likely to be another 3 week extension to the end of May. 

I'd predict it will however have some small alterations so it doesn't feel quite as like a lock down, but it will more or less be the same.

47 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

7 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Dizzy moos advice is really good working with peoples emotion and lives can at times be tough! I find doing my exercise at the end of work And showering helps! And dont forget to talk to others in some way! 🌈

Thank you both!! I'll definitely find something to do after work that 'washes it away' that's a fantastic idea.

I've had a couple of cries today just at the thought of starting that next week, I think the thing I'm most worried about is these people phoning are understandably going to upset and they need someone on the other end of the phone who knows what they are doing (and I will get told what to do) but i'm concerned I wont be able to stop myself from crying with them if they start. I just don't want to make them feel worse.

But, I really appreciate your advice and I will find something like you say :) x

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Prepare yourself then, there's highly likely to be another 3 week extension to the end of May. 

I'd predict it will however have some small alterations so it doesn't feel quite as like a lock down, but it will more or less be the same.

It'll have to come with a slight easing of measures or at least feel that way. 

The longer it goes on the more people will get restless and start flouting the rules.

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The longer it goes on the more people will get restless and start flouting the rules.

Already noticed people starting to do that. 

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Austria have allowed hardware shops to open . Italy boom shops and baby clothes shops. 

Most have apparently chosen to still shut.

Small changes that probably won't change the reality for most people.