When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Lololololol good luck with that

"Drinking alcohol can increase the risk of catching Covid-19 and governments around the world should limit access during coronavirus lockdowns, the World Health Organization said late Tuesday."

Haha alcohol is one of the very few essential deliveries we have in New Zealand. It was allowed before winter clothing and heating essentials!

Sorry of this has been mentioned...

But has anyone considered the possibility of 2021 being pushed further back in the year to be absolutely sure of it going ahead? Such as late mid/ august. Surely they can't risk another financial fullout and it would be incredibly frustrating if they missed by just 2 months..

Just now, steviewevie said:

3 week extension to lockdown to be announced today, apparently. Then another one in 3 weeks time...?

going by the way other countries are going, I'd expect something of the UK lockdown to be eased in 3 weeks time - unless in the meantime the easing in other countries sees a sudden big jump in cases.

I now know 3 people who have lost relatives to this disease all in care homes. I don't know any who have died in hospital. Worries me how much higher the figure would be if we were properly reporting the deaths in care homes as well. I have heard lots of talk about phased approaches in terms of letting younger people out first but I don't know how feasible it will be for people to open businesses etc if only certainly people can go to them. 

I know in Spain those who can't work from home have been allowed back to their jobs yesterday but they still can't exercise or walk in pairs. 

48 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I now know 3 people who have lost relatives to this disease all in care homes. I don't know any who have died in hospital. Worries me how much higher the figure would be if we were properly reporting the deaths in care homes as well. I have heard lots of talk about phased approaches in terms of letting younger people out first but I don't know how feasible it will be for people to open businesses etc if only certainly people can go to them. 

I know in Spain those who can't work from home have been allowed back to their jobs yesterday but they still can't exercise or walk in pairs. 

I did think they were counted, just not straight away? They’re not like hospitals that all fall under the NHS so reporting can have some sort of standardisation to it. You get private/commercial/charity run care homes, they’re all independent of each other  so collating the figures takes time and isn’t well organised. 

Anyone watching BBC? It’s quite interesting, the guy is quoting how deaths are down for things like heart attacks strokes etc, yet Covid is responsible for 86% of deaths in March.

Essentially it sounds like there is a big overlap. There is no reason for these other deaths to be down, other than the fact they would’ve died anyway.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Niall ferguson says elements of social distancing will probably have to continue until a vaccine is developed 😥

Yeh, was just coming to post this. Was kind of expecting it (it makes sense, no?) but it's still grim reading all the same. I suspect we'll be able to go see friends/families but gigs still seem a far away dream...