When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

UK hospital deaths up 778. If still in the 700s tomorrow can we start thinking it's peaked?

Maybe. If we just go off the official numbers, they may started getting skewed as they start including the "out of hospital" deaths.

What are we actually looking for to claim that it's "peaked"? How many days of consistency constitutes it?

Just now, steviewevie said:

UK hospital deaths up 778. If still in the 700s tomorrow can we start thinking it's peaked?

Would be nice if you could just start thinking. At least have a read through the science of mobile technology before spouting mindless "jokes" about 5G. Your head won't blow up but the potential for harm is there, don't say nobody warned you. BTW when people made the connection between cigarettes and cancer in the 40's and 50's they were dismissed as crackpots and the cigarette companies spent millions on "research" to prove cigs were safe.

• Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Would be nice if you could just start thinking. At least have a read through the science of mobile technology before spouting mindless "jokes" about 5G. Your head won't blow up but the potential for harm is there, don't say nobody warned you. BTW when people made the connection between cigarettes and cancer in the 40's and 50's they were dismissed as crackpots and the cigarette companies spent millions on "research" to prove cigs were safe.

Can't think straight, too much radiation.

3 minutes ago, Jamesyp42 said:

Maybe. If we just go off the official numbers, they may started getting skewed as they start including the "out of hospital" deaths.

What are we actually looking for to claim that it's "peaked"? How many days of consistency constitutes it?

If you assume its roughly the same amount each day 'unreported ' then you can assume it's enough to determine if numbers are on an increase or decrease. Hopefully its peaked and going downwards, but fuck knows at this stage. Probably a week of reducing figures I'd say

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Those “crackpots” were scientists not random nutters on the internet. 5G is the same as 4G which was the same as 3G. Our planet has an electromagnetic field that we’ve all be living in since the dawn of the time. Stoop reading nonsense on the internet it’s making you look like a nutter. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

I think WHO have questions to answer about how they took info from Chinese as sacrosanct without doing their own due diligence. Don't think there is any evidence of collusion (yet.)

In particular they took the fact there was no evidence of human to human transmission as accurate. There are probably lessons to be learned to assume H2H transmission in case of a novel viral respiratory condition until you prove there is no H2H transmission.

Perhaps @Toilet Duck can help with this. They published the genetic code for the virus at the very start of Jan, but didn’t admit H2H transmission until the end of Jan.

Would the genetic code not give that type of information away? Or is it not that simple?

Either way I agree with your point.

Nearing 100,000 confirmed cases in the U.K. and I’m wondering whether the real numbers are around 1-2m.

I have a friend whose mother is an NHS nurse, she has been showing symptoms recently and is off work (all six members of the household are key workers). The mother is the only one in the house who has received a positive test result, however many in that family home are ill.

This can’t be the only household like this, which makes me think numbers of undiagnosed cases are astronomically higher.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nearing 100,000 confirmed cases in the U.K. and I’m wondering whether the real numbers are around 1-2m.

I have a friend whose mother is an NHS nurse, she has been showing symptoms recently and is off work (all six members of the household are key workers). The mother is the only one in the house who has received a positive test result, however many in that family home are ill.

This can’t be the only household like this, which makes me think numbers of undiagnosed cases are astronomically higher.

we may never know unless they get an antibody test that is reliable and then somehow start mass testing.

24 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Those “crackpots” were scientists not random nutters on the internet. 5G is the same as 4G which was the same as 3G. Our planet has an electromagnetic field that we’ve all be living in since the dawn of the time. Stoop reading nonsense on the internet it’s making you look like a nutter. 

They are different wavelengths so not the same, in any case the assumption that all this additional radiation has no effect on the human body should at least be looked at, if I stopped looking at nonsense on the internet I would have to quit this forum too!  On a serious note there ARE plenty of scientists who have for years expressed concerns about electromagnetic radiation.

here's one.

https://www.saferemr.com/2017/09/5g-wireless-technology-is-5g-harmful-to.html

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The official estimate is the undiagnosed cases are 10x.  I've never heard of anyone personally who has been tested, but more than 10 who have been ill with COVID like symptoms. I suspect it could be more than 10x, but how much more I've no idea.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

The official estimate is the undiagnosed cases are 10x.  I've never heard of anyone personally who has been tested, but more than 10 who have been ill with COVID like symptoms. I suspect it could be more than 10x, but how much more I've no idea.

It has to be astronomical if we are working on the basis that if one person in your household has it everyone probably does. 

Sounds stupid but would registering as a suspected case be worthwhile or not? It should give the government if anything more of an idea of how many in the country have either had it or not had it.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

my experience is as @stuartbert two hats the numbers I know of are at least 10 people that had likely symptoms but no tests 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looking like New York could be past its peak...reporting a net decrease in total hospitaisations for the first time in this pandemic

Without being a pessimist but I don’t like when news report that 750 deaths instead of 850 deaths a day is a sign that things are getting better.

When numbers drop down significantly things will look “better” to me.

39 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Perhaps @Toilet Duck can help with this. They published the genetic code for the virus at the very start of Jan, but didn’t admit H2H transmission until the end of Jan.

Would the genetic code not give that type of information away? Or is it not that simple?

Either way I agree with your point.

Hi Nobby,

so...the genetic sequence that was published quickly on its own wouldn’t support H2H transmission. Looking back, with what we know now, you could predict it from the changes that were present compared to the original bat virus, but without further investigation it would have been a bit of a jump and rightly would have been rejected as speculative on peer review. Once the structure of the spike was solved (a bit later), then it became clear what the key alterations were in terms of facilitating H2H transmission. It also identified that these changes exist in pangolin Coronaviruses, hence the suggestion that it served as an intermediary host (it also provided evidence that the virus evolved in something with an immune system and wasn’t man made)...what the publication of the sequence allowed was the rapid development of a PCR test to diagnose it.

Whether China fudged some numbers or not,  what has held true in population after population is the same spread of infection in terms of age, the same ratios of hospitalisations, same ratio of iCU admissions, similar fatality rates stratified by age as those reported in the medical literature by Chinese physicians and scientists. So, much of what they reported appears to be accurate.

WHO are a political organisation, hence subject to political influence! 

• Upvote 1