When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think this is overly pessimistic, simply because in 18 months time I can’t imagine a situation where we haven’t reached 60% of the population being infected. Even if we’re at something like 40% it will be so much more manageable. That’s not even allowing for a vaccine and/or treatments. Bear in mind we’re probably already as much as 15% infected based on the recent German studies. 

Everyone will be vaccinated before 18 months pass... not to mention some immunity will have been built naturally. Does this guy just want to get his name in an article or something?? 

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Cases are no longer doubling every 3 days. The rate of growth is slowing from an exponential rate. 

It can take up to 2 weeks to show symptoms of the virus from Infection, then a week to be hospitalised. So any social distancing interventions have a 2-3 weeks lag. 

Thank you, we know something came of staying in and avoiding contact then.

33 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The numbers are all over the shop regardless, some of the deaths contributing to the figures now, go back to March. Day to day figures are pretty meaningless, the broader trend is that they are going down, in line with a reduction of hospital admissions and case numbers.

I thought broader trend was deaths haven't reached peak yet, looking at another week or two...and then expectation is won't start coming down for another week or two after that? That's what Vallance was saying at downing st press thing yesterday.

22 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think it would rule a massive number of us out ... and I’m not sure the festival could sell out if that were the case ... so that would create another problem ... polls on here have suggested that the forum is predominantly over 30s if I remember rightly 

E4F776C6-DB60-4CC5-9FF5-BA2EE5492ABB.thumb.jpeg.1b010bf3be7f487697f3c7a0093f3035.jpeg

Age is no barrier to getting wasted! 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My Grandma was in her 50s when Led Zep were big.  Yes, she was cool!

Excellent, but did she wear one of these and pose in record shops with the latest Led Zep or Black Sabbath album tucked under her arm and a tube of clearasil in the pocket? 

1C792CF7-1951-47AA-94E0-20AEEF7FFF4D.jpeg.fb1269b33b5949233daa527c2170cb21.jpeg

Just now, Toilet Duck said:

Also says the cost of inaction would certainly have been higher.  

That 35% is based on a 3 month lockdown and 3 month partial lockdown. I wonder what it would be with a 2 month lockdown and a w month partial lockdown as seems possible? Would certainly increased pressure on that sort of time frame.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

That 35% is based on a 3 month lockdown and 3 month partial lockdown. I wonder what it would be with a 2 month lockdown and a w month partial lockdown as seems possible? Would certainly increased pressure on that sort of time frame.

Here is where we get completely out of my area of expertise and I'm back to armchair pundit/pub stool level! 😁