When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

It's weird because, when restrictions are lifted, it still doesn't mean  ulnerabke people can't contract the virus and die. There will be another spike in cases when restrictions are lifted. 

I'm curious to see what happens as well when the 12 week period for vulnerable people to stay indoors finishes.

The 1.5m people who received a letter as they are at risk aren't all 'old, nearly dying anyway' people.

My dad works full time and lives a pretty active life, just happens to have a lung condition from birth. No indication how these people will return to anything close to 'normal' from mid-June onwards.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm curious to see what happens as well when the 12 week period for vulnerable people to stay indoors finishes.

The 1.5m people who received a letter as they are at risk aren't all 'old, nearly dying anyway' people.

My dad works full time and lives a pretty active life, just happens to have a lung condition from birth. No indication how these people will return to anything close to 'normal' from mid-June onwards.

I guess the hope is by June the NHS will not be overwhelned and better equipped to help people like your Dad should they require it.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I guess the hope is by June the NHS will not be overwhelned and better equipped to help people like your Dad should they require it.

But that's the moral quandary here. He won't want his Dad to get it and need that help - and that'll be played out up and down the country.

On a MUCH lower risk scale, my girlfriend has mild asthma, but still it's a dice we don't want to roll. Even if the expectation is that things will go back to approaching normal with a sort of herd immunity situation, we've already agreed we aren't taking ANY unnecessary risks until there is a treatment or antibody test, or it's explicitly stated there will be no working antibody test for the public and vaccination is impossible.

We're lucky that we work freelance and remote so we can, but we won't be participating in the consumer economy more than we have the past couple of weeks during that time. wonder how many others that'll apply to as well? 

So the NHS would be able to help people, but does that mean people should be put into a situation where they need it? Then there's the counter argument about the economy issues taking many more lives in the long run. 

I don't envy those who have to make these decisions....

I’m stuck in my decision now 4 weeks almost in ... back to work in 8 ... hopefully the nhs will be more able to cope but I also don’t fancy getting it as I really don’t know if I’ll get through ... probably yes but for the first time in my life diabetes is a f@@king pain !! Living alone is also a factor in decision because if I go downhill fast there won’t be any help there for me ... I’d really just like a mild version please ... if I’ve not already had one ... 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Walked into central London today and it was completely empty. At one point I had to turn back because it just got all too frightening.

The only people there were police. 

Can anyone in London just beep on here if they see this post please?  I am in Brighton, and I was trying not to mention how spooky it is around here without them.  To see a post saying there are none in London either is just too much.  😟 Help!

6 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Can you physically not drive anywhere long distance?

I wont be able to soon, when they put me in to one of these;

"The Institution" Straight Jacket  restraint large  straitjacket strait

Look at yer man's eyes - there's no doubt to my mind that that cod piece type construction is pressing a little two hard on his goolies. That kind of pressure can break a man. 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Physically I’m sure you can ... morally it’s an entirely different answer ... 

I’ve got a new car, was thinking of going on a road trip for something to do & run it in. It’s on 340 miles & just been sat in the drive way for 2/3weeks.

5 hours ago, Bisque said:

Can you physically not drive anywhere long distance?

Depends on the reason, some people live a long way from their work.

also you are allowed to take food and medical supplies to vulnerable relatives, my 80 year old parents live 2 1/2 hours away from me. Fortunately they have a very nice neighbour who is doing  shopping for them, but if for some reason he can’t continue with that, I will make the journey to shop for them, they are both high risk not just because of their age.

Edited by Smeble

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Coronavirus: Morning update as UK daily death toll surpasses Italy and Spain's worst days https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52251836

It doesn’t seem real.

UK breaks the European daily death record and BBC only say it's "among highest in Europe". 

The UK govt have fucked this up, big time. We could have had one of the lowest death rates in Europe - and be out of lockdown sooner - but Spaffer and co were too interested in making bullshit statements instead.

6th Feb: first UK case.
16th March: govt suddenly thinks about extra ventilators and PPE.

First claim of being able to to test 25,000 a day: mid March.
First attempt at scaling up testing? end of March.

etc, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Coronavirus: Morning update as UK daily death toll surpasses Italy and Spain's worst days https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52251836

It doesn’t seem real.

I’m not exactly how useful it is to be looking at just absolute death figures and then comparing to other countries. So many other variables at play not least size of population.

1124F754-DD4E-486E-9581-D174CCE8E370.png

93696B82-44A0-46A1-928C-FD4FFFD03903.jpeg

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton