When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

It’s odd this neighbourhood informing thing on the parties ... one of my neighbours called the police about a meeting of a few people in a nearby flat ... 6 police officers attended ... as far as I could see there were 3 people that the 6 attended for .... I’m following the rules to the letter ... but really not sure what that actually achieved ... minimal social distancing happening !! 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s odd this neighbourhood informing thing on the parties ... one of my neighbours called the police about a meeting of a few people in a nearby flat ... 6 police officers attended ... as far as I could see there were 3 people that the 6 attended for .... I’m following the rules to the letter ... but really not sure what that actually achieved ... minimal social distancing happening !! 

Same round my way. Your local curtain-twitchers now think they're on the front-line. It's what they've always been waiting for :) 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Gilb said:

Same round my way. Your local curtain-twitchers now think they're on the front-line. It's what they've always been waiting for :) 

I mean I do understand if you are following the lockdown to the letter that people not observing it causes frustrations ... and I can’t say that I’ve not been frustrated with people not taking it as seriously as I think I am ... but it certainly isn’t bringing the country together quite as much as is put out there ... believe me there is some lovely stuff happening but I’m not so sure this will outweigh the other crap 

52 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

To be fair, I think he has heeded expert advice all along hasn't he? It’s just that our experts might have been slightly different things to other experts. 

I don't think any experts have been saying shake hands with people at hospital even people who might have corona virus which he said he did in a press conference. And ours have only been saying different things if you class Dominic Cummings as an expert (which I don't) 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I don't think any experts have been saying shake hands with people at hospital even people who might have corona virus which he said he did in a press conference. And ours have only been saying different things if you class Dominic Cummings as an expert (which I don't) 

Or to go and see their Mum on Mother's Day.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I mean I do understand if you are following the lockdown to the letter that people not observing it causes frustrations ... and I can’t say that I’ve not been frustrated with people not taking it as seriously as I think I am ... but it certainly isn’t bringing the country together quite as much as is put out there ... believe me there is some lovely stuff happening but I’m not so sure this will outweigh the other crap 

Someone dared to have a bonfire the other day (at an appropriate time according to council guidance). Our residents group on Face Book went into meltdown 😄 

4 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Someone dared to have a bonfire the other day (at an appropriate time according to council guidance). Our residents group on Face Book went into meltdown 😄 

Local residents groups of Facebook are the best source of entertainment in these dark times.

45 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Some people need to wind their neck in though. Zero rules against buying what you want from supermarkets 

I did feel very naughty yesterday buying easter eggs, waited till we we were low on other stuff.

Definitely not essential but having a bit of an Easter with some eggs and will try and make a roast dinner on Sunday is something to look forward to,when there isn't much else to look forward to and you cant visit other loved ones.

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yes I think social media has turned every issue into black and white rather than any grey at all. Turned all of us into judgemental tossers at times. I only look at Facebook about twice a day because it's just full of people shouting at other people. I know a nurse who has been doing a 10km walk a day who has been shouting at other people to stay home and take things seriously. Now with the greatest of respect to all our key workers they are more likely than anyone else to be carrying the virus (because of their increased exposure) and they are at least getting to leave their house and live their lives (again I appreciate that it must be more stressful etc) so they should heed their own advice and not be out doing way more than an hours walking whilst lecturing and judging others who may have their exercise as their only outlet to the outside world. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Or to go and see their Mum on Mother's Day.

Yep that's my point he was remarkably flippant in the early days and that has almost certainly cost people their lives. The reporting has also not been great at times like this scientific journalists should be collaborating with political journalists to make sure the right questions are being asked and that the data we are being given stands up to scrutiny. 

We have an issue with people coming to use second homes or holiday homes. Not sure how widespread it is. People understandably annoyed by it. Unfortunately it's now apparently led to a nurse getting her tyres slashed. She was using a donated holiday home so that she could stay away from her family.

4 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

I did feel very naughty yesterday buying easter eggs, waited till we we were low on other stuff.

Definitely not essential but having a bit of an Easter with some eggs and will try and make a roast dinner on Sunday is something to look forward to,when there isn't much else to look forward to and you cant visit other loved ones.

Don't feel naughty, buy what you want as long as you aren't making multiple extra shopping trips what you pick up on those trips matters not a fig.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilb said:

Yeah, I'd noticed this quite early on and considered that this is going to bring out the worst in some people who always need a figure of blame.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Local residents groups of Facebook are the best source of entertainment in these dark times.

Not going to lie, I've been doing just that.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The pigs are loving this aren't they?

They're doing fuck all round my way !! I'm a key worker, got home last night and for the third night in a row 5 households out in the street getting pissed up, only last night they had tables, chairs and a firepit set up on the pavement. Then some people who dont even live down my street joined them, must have been a good dozen people by 10 o clock. 

These are the same pricks that will clap NHS workers tonight !

Proper boils my piss !!

2 minutes ago, swede said:

They're doing fuck all round my way !! I'm a key worker, got home last night and for the third night in a row 5 households out in the street getting pissed up, only last night they had tables, chairs and a firepit set up on the pavement. Then some people who dont even live down my street joined them, must have been a good dozen people by 10 o clock. 

These are the same pricks that will clap NHS workers tonight !

Proper boils my piss !!

I'm calling the police on people taking the piss like that around my way

• Upvote 1