When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

If anyone has 15 minutes I'd really recommend watching this, covers a lot of ground at a pace but brilliantly composed I think.

Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed that. And thanks @Toilet Duck as ever for the insights!

Edit: Maybe enjoyed not the right word, but hopefully you know what I mean! 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

19 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Italy went into lockdown with 800 deaths, we went in to lockdown with less than half of that. This report makes no sense. 

Uhhhh the uk version of lockdown isnt the italian version of lockdown. If you guys actually did that then there wouldnt be videos of anyone sunbathing in the park. 

meanwhile over in america, people have to go out to go vote.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yep, let's hope IHME are wrong and govt modellers are right...

Reading it again, sorry how did this even get published??

The death toll in other European countries that are now struggling with Covid-19 will be lower, they say. Spain is projected to have 19,209 deaths by the same date, Italy 20,300 and France 15,058. All three countries have imposed tougher lockdown measures than the UK.

So Italy currently with 17k deaths will peak at 20k, but the U.K. currently with 6k deaths will hit 60k...

What the actual fuck?

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Uhhhh the uk version of lockdown isnt the italian version of lockdown. If you guys actually did that then there wouldnt be videos of anyone sunbathing in the park. 

meanwhile over in america, people have to go out to go vote.

Read and digest the figures in that report. If you think they are anywhere near accurate then you need carting off to the looney bin.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

applying other counties demographics to our scenario and not updating the model for the increase in capacity, and new treatment methods (early CPAP intervention for admissions) means I have low trust in this, expect deaths to be higher than 20000 but not more than 40000.

Also are these additional deaths or deaths in place of other causes?

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

This Boris is a fighter thing, as if only the weaker ones die.

I thought this was a bit weird, but not nearly as bad as IDS.... Now isn't the time for political point scoring, but this is still one of the most Tory ways of saying this I could possibly conceive of

Screenshot_20200406_210929.jpg

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I thought this was a bit weird, but not nearly as bad as IDS.... Now isn't the time for political point scoring, but this is still one of the most Tory ways of saying this I could possibly conceive of

Screenshot_20200406_210929.jpg

I think that's just badly worded, i think IDS is saying Boris hasn't yet managed to beat it on a personal level despite working like mad, don't think it's a comment on the government response.

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is that an insight into what they think of those who die from it? That they just haven't worked hard enough at it? Absolutely terrifying if so

Yes cos one mans badly worded comments shows us how the tories as a whole think🙄🙄 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Official UK deaths up by 786 to 6159.

This confused me earlier as BBC breaking reported the individual figures as follows:

England - 758

N.Ireland - 73

Scotland - 74

Wales - 19

So that is 924 not 786??

6 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Read and digest the figures in that report. If you think they are anywhere near accurate then you need carting off to the looney bin.

Because you lot actually did something sooner than other places to try and curb the spread? Despite the numbers being inflated, it should get  you into thinking you should do better to keep the numbers down and to tell the number crunchers to piss off. 

Fortunately where I live in Los Angeles, theyve been trying to be ahead as much as possible given the circumstances. The mayor just required facial coverings when going to essential businesses or be denied service. Employees at all essential businesses will also be required to wear facial coverings.  So let me know when you get there and arent just waiting for Boris to order everyone around. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Because you lot actually did something sooner than other places to try and curb the spread? Despite the numbers being inflated, it should get  you into thinking you should do better to keep the numbers down and to tell the number crunchers to piss off. 

Fortunately where I live in Los Angeles, theyve been trying to be ahead as much as possible given the circumstances. The mayor just required facial coverings when going to essential businesses or be denied service. Employees at all essential businesses will also be required to wear facial coverings.  So let me know when you get there and arent just waiting for Boris to order everyone around. 

If they aren’t specifying the type of mask to be worn then there’s not much point wearing one, basic face coverings do sod all, even the N95 mask is of limited use.

7 hours ago, gizmoman said:

I think that's just badly worded, i think IDS is saying Boris hasn't yet managed to beat it on a personal level despite working like mad, don't think it's a comment on the government response.

No, I don't think it says anything about the government response, but I think it says something about the way IDS views the world...which is actually quite consistent with his previous actions. 

• Upvote 3