When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

With a 71 year old son who caught the disease. Putting aside your prejudice against people with more money that you how are we not in this together?

what rules did he ignore whilst doing his job? Perhaps he caught it at the WaterAid benefit dinner he attended on the 10th March.

This lady was sat in a castle and in a room that was bigger than probably all of the blocks of 6 flats added together ... she was wearing a brooch that I could never dream of being able to afford she will be getting tested at the slightest sign of any sniffles and will more than likely have her own private doctor and ventilator ... so just how is she in it with me ? Apart from the fact the virus doesn’t discriminate but that isn’t her choice ... no bitterness to the money but footballers have been singled out for not taking wage cuts ... not seen anything from the palace as yet ? 

• Upvote 1

The Queen actually does nothing and said nothing tonight, as unusual.  The Crown makes such a dramatic virtue over how important it is to do fuck all.

As as for that tired old tourism argument?  France (usually!) has the greatest number of tourists in the world and they got rid of all of theirs years ago.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

At risk of quoting myself .... Boris now in hospital 

I'd been expecting this for a couple of days to be honest.  There isn't a lot I can say about this because I don't want to be a c**t, I don't want to be patronising and I don't want to be a hypocrite, so I guess just good luck to the bloke and I hope he gets a positive outcome because that's all I'd wish for any human being in that situation and before too long we'll all know some poor bastard in the same boat.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'd been expecting this for a couple of days to be honest.  There isn't a lot I can say about this because I don't want to be a c**t, I don't want to be patronising and I don't want to be a hypocrite, so I guess just good luck to the bloke and I hope he gets a positive outcome because that's all I'd wish for any human being in that situation and before too long we'll all know some poor bastard in the same boat.

Yep likewise ... I wish anybody well 

32 minutes ago, Spindles said:

As much as I disagree with him and the Tories, we should all be hoping he's ok. The prospect of Raab taking over is fucking terrifying. 

I don't know if anyone read the truly fantastic piece by Frankie Boyle  (link below) but his description of Raab was perfect.

Dominic Raab, who seems to instantaneously develop every symptom of the disease whenever he’s asked to read out a press release

https://theovertake.com/~beta/frankie-boyle-did-you-ever-wonder-what-youd-be-doing-during-an-apocalypse/

• Upvote 1

Loads of people are still having to go to work and being told by their bosses they have to go in, where they are with other people. If you’re one of those people, of course you’re not going to bothered by meeting a few mates in the park or popping round their house. Because you consider that more important than your job. It might well be. Until there’s an actual ban on working away from home for anyone that isn’t a key worker this will remain an issue.

Also someone dropping off a birthday present is no worse than getting an Amazon delivery. And dogs don’t die if they don’t get walked.

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Queen actually does nothing and said nothing tonight, as unusual.  The Crown makes such a dramatic virtue over how important it is to do fuck all.

As as for that tired old tourism argument?  France (usually!) has the greatest number of tourists in the world and they got rid of all of theirs years ago.

You should change your name to stuartbert two hats and a chip on my shoulder.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Would you prefer the French system of government, with a President? Noting Macron, Hollande and Sarkozy being the last three. 

46 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Would you prefer the French system of government, with a President? Noting Macron, Hollande and Sarkozy being the last three. 

Yes. An electable head of state that you can vote out over an un-elected monarch who lives in a castle? Yes, every day of the week, 100%.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yes. An electable head of state that you can vote out over an un-elected monarch who lives in a castle? Yes, every day of the week, 100%.

Staggering to me that anyone would want anything else to be honest. The royal family is an embarrassing anachronism that most of the world have grown out of.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

This.

Even America. Trump is an absolute gobshite, but at least he's only there for 8 years & they can get rid after 4.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I'm not a fan if the queen by any means but I thought it was a very good and moving speech. 'We will meet again' was perfect, whoever came up with it needs a round of applause.

Me too. It was as good as she could have done. Don’t understand the hate.

9 hours ago, Spindles said:

I don't know if anyone read the truly fantastic piece by Frankie Boyle  (link below) but his description of Raab was perfect.

https://theovertake.com/~beta/frankie-boyle-did-you-ever-wonder-what-youd-be-doing-during-an-apocalypse/

Yep, this bit had me properly lol'ing to myself - so true! I also enjoyed the "You Got This!" bit :lol:

As for old Queenie.... obviously we all know the monarchy is a massive joke. The fact that they don't have any power means that it's kind of fine, but also really fucking pointless. Despite this, I do have a bit of a soft spot for the old dear. And my Grandma likes her, so I can't wish her any ill.

Charles and the rest of them can fuck right off though. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Removing the ceremonial head of state would require zero practical changes to our system of government. As the prorogation nonsense last year proved, she's not even a constitutional safety valve.

How's about this for an "alternative" form of government - a Prime Minister is the head of state, who derives all their power from the consent of an elected Parliament? Just with fewer drives up the road to a jewel encrusted toff in a huge house?

Why on earth people think we need to make some huge changes to our government to get rid of the Queen is beyond me. 

• Upvote 1

Getting it slightly more back on track, what do people think about Boris being in hospital? They're very much spinning the line that it's routine checks and I guess they'd err on the side of absolute caution. But he did spend the night. Am wondering if if it's more serious than they are letting on?