When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Remember though that you are not alone and we are all here to chat. As much consolation as that is. I am finding that helpful myself right now.

6 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

100% this. I really honestly don't know what I'd have done without efests, this week especially. I've been struggling a lot with all of this and the people on here have been nothing short of fantastic! 

I agree :) It is really nice to have an extra bunch of people to talk to! 

I hope you guys has a good weekend. I went out for a wee walk earlier and to the shop, but aside from that I've been in and working mostly (have a hectic deadline for next weekend). I did have a little 'Virtual Glastonbury' with my friends yesterday. We got boozy, made a playlist of stuff from 2019 and dressed up a bit. I even wore glitter...which is now all over my bathroom. I'm a bit sad that I don't have anyone to have BBQ with, but just trying not to focus on it too much - at least I have my job and actually, like @Zoo Music Girl said, it's quite nice to have my own little sanctuary with no one around to piss me off or eat the last chocolate hobnob.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Homer said:

London, though have been as bro lives in Hove. Also know through my work, didn't FB Slim open a street food market there?

In Worthing? I don’t think so, if they have I haven’t heard of it. I live in the town centre right by the sea, it’s a lovely part of the country to live in. 

37 minutes ago, Homer said:

London, though have been as bro lives in Hove. Also know through my work, didn't FB Slim open a street food market there?

He has a café on Hove beach about 10 mins walk from my sister's house.  Well he did last year.

7 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

He has a café on Hove beach about 10 mins walk from my sister's house.  Well he did last year.

A fellow Sussexian, hello! Off topic but I love Hove, a couple of great little pubs there. 

I realise you might not be from Sussex 😂

Edited by Ozanne

31 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I agree :) It is really nice to have an extra bunch of people to talk to! 

I hope you guys has a good weekend. I went out for a wee walk earlier and to the shop, but aside from that I've been in and working mostly (have a hectic deadline for next weekend). I did have a little 'Virtual Glastonbury' with my friends yesterday. We got boozy, made a playlist of stuff from 2019 and dressed up a bit. I even wore glitter...which is now all over my bathroom. I'm a bit sad that I don't have anyone to have BBQ with, but just trying not to focus on it too much - at least I have my job and actually, like @Zoo Music Girl said, it's quite nice to have my own little sanctuary with no one around to piss me off or eat the last chocolate hobnob.

I'm glad you're doing ok x

That sounds like really good fun, a virtual Glastonbury!! My fella took me to the virtual pub last night and there was karaoke on (which was basically me singing a couple of lines from about 12 songs all out of tune) 😆

I'm with you on the hobnobs, biccys aren't for sharing especially if they're chocolate!! :)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

A fellow Sussexian, hello! Off topic but I love Hove, a couple of great little pubs there. 

A long way from Sussex I'm afraid.  But I love visiting, hope to be back soon.  🥰

33 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I had possibly the best pub Sunday lunch of my life at a pub in Hove, many years ago. No idea which one. Hove always makes me think of the following exchange:

"Oh, you live in Brighton?"

"Hove, actually"

• Upvote 1

Trump announces new CDC advice on wearing masks in public, but adds that he won’t be doing it himself...meanwhile, Leo Varadkar rejoins the medical register to help out. Never voted Fine Gael in my life, but that’s a hell of a way to lead by example.

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Trump announces new CDC advice on wearing masks in public, but adds that he won’t be doing it himself...meanwhile, Leo Varadkar rejoins the medical register to help out. Never voted Fine Gael in my life, but that’s a hell of a way to lead by example.

along with the chief medical officer for Scotlands performance ... shambles 

Just now, steviewevie said:

Queen to declare war on China?

She won't say anything of any real importance. We need to show discipline she'll say,  yet conveniently ignoring Charles going against social distancing rules. We are all in this together says the Queen living in her Palace.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

She became irrelevant when her PM lied to her face proroguing Parliament and she did absolutely nothing.

Think she couldn’t have done anything on that occasion ... at least that’s what I was led to believe ... the last peice of slight relevance or hope for them disappeared when Harry and meghan departed 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think she couldn’t have done anything on that occasion ... at least that’s what I was led to believe ... the last peice of slight relevance or hope for them disappeared when Harry and meghan departed 

She's head of state in theory she can do whatever she likes if she wants to. She chose to not do anything as to not risk her own position.

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

She's head of state in theory she can do whatever she likes if she wants to. She chose to not do anything as to not risk her own position. 

It’s not that easy. Separation of powers comes with some unfortunate caveats. 

She can’t refuse royal assent, it’s Boris’s fault for putting her in that situation. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

She won't say anything of any real importance. We need to show discipline she'll say,  yet conveniently ignoring Charles going against social distancing rules. We are all in this together says the Queen living in her Palace.

With a 71 year old son who caught the disease. Putting aside your prejudice against people with more money that you how are we not in this together?

what rules did he ignore whilst doing his job? Perhaps he caught it at the WaterAid benefit dinner he attended on the 10th March.

Just now, Smeble said:

With a 71 year old son who caught the disease. Putting aside your prejudice against people with more money that you how are we not in this together?

what rules did he ignore whilst doing his job? Perhaps he caught it at the WaterAid benefit dinner he attended on the 10th March.

He went to his second home in Scotland when you're not supposed to

2 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Travelling to his second home to isolate

5 minutes ago, Smeble said:

He went to his second home in Scotland, thus meaning he was eligible for testing (I'm not entirely sure why on that part).

I don't have a prejudice against people with more money than me, I have a really annoyance at people that use their position for their own gain whilst telling us we are all in this together. I do have a prejudice against the Tories, I'll give you that!