When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Bah, don’t worry though guys he’s apologised. I’m sure he’ll be properly fined for breaching lockdown rules 😂

Meanwhile everyone else stay at home and do nothing or you won’t be able to go for a half hour walk.

Heard today that Meredith our postie has CV and is in hospital on a ventilator.  He's the first person I've know directly to catch it.  A lovely man and really helpful.  He actually cancelled a holiday with his family to Teneriffe a couple of weeks ago as a precaution and then this happens.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Genuine question, I wouldn’t be trying to ‘circumvent the rules’ but I’ve got two dogs and it’s pretty cruel not to give them exercise, so how would that work? I appreciate that the welfare of a dog is not more important than human life, but I keep myself to myself and I’m never even close to being at risk of going within 2 metres. I’m not saying anyone with a dog should somehow have special privileges if exercise is banned, but I think it would be taking things to daft extremes if it is.  

In Spain you can take a dog for a walk still. My friend lives in Barca. Her friends got stopped by the police and threatened with a fine as they were both walking theirs (only one person is allowed to at a time).

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

perhaps it was just another load of bullshit to keep us going along with...like the 100k tests a day thing.

Quite possibly ... :( I’m also wondering if boris symptoms are quite as mild as govt would have us believe ... 

Edited by crazyfool1

I think you have to understand that when it comes to Government announcement there is a bit of a difference between action and aspiration.  Tories are the party of aspiration.  They aspire to to do things they say they are going to do, surely we should all be happy with that?  I'm sure their aspiration to send out those letters we would all receive last week was about as achievable a target as the 25k tests a day they promised the week before that.

5903 is a jump from yesterday, but yesterday was down about the same amount from the day before. Because of the fact that’s it’s pretty much only people that require hospitalisation that get tested our mortality rate is pretty much 10%, so you’d expect deaths to still be running at maybe 3/4/500 a day even in a couple of weeks. Hopefully though we peak around this 700 a day level.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

5903 is a jump from yesterday, but yesterday was down about the same amount from the day before. Because of the fact that’s it’s pretty much only people that require hospitalisation that get tested our mortality rate is pretty much 10%, so you’d expect deaths to still be running at maybe 3/4/500 a day even in a couple of weeks. Hopefully though we peak around this 700 a day level.

don't think numbers tell us that much just because relies on number being tested. The main numbers at moment, that they don't release, are number in intensive care...

5 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I think you have to understand that when it comes to Government announcement there is a bit of a difference between action and aspiration.  Tories are the party of aspiration.  They aspire to to do things they say they are going to do, surely we should all be happy with that?  I'm sure their aspiration to send out those letters we would all receive last week was about as achievable a target as the 25k tests a day they promised the week before that.

I was having this discussion with my mum the other day and talking about an honest approach ... we can do x number of tests this week and then beat that target ... surely a better approach ... or maybe just not something that this govt will do