When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Smeble said:

That does not require the use of a park, and lying down sunbathing is not exercise.

Allowing exercise to begin with was a huge mistake, it just gives people an excuse to take the piss, that combined with the good weather has lead to ‘special’ people who thinks nothing applies to them taking the piss. 
nobody will die from not being able to go for a run but thousands of people are dying from covid19.

people have shown they can’t be trusted so the government needs to be as heavy handed as is required to get this sorted so we can all move on with our lives.

well, they did allow that exercise, for the health and well being of the nation. It's always a balance. Lock ourselves up, or allow some freedoms but accept some deaths.

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

That does not require the use of a park, and lying down sunbathing is not exercise.

Allowing exercise to begin with was a huge mistake, it just gives people an excuse to take the piss, that combined with the good weather has lead to ‘special’ people who thinks nothing applies to them taking the piss. 
nobody will die from not being able to go for a run but thousands of people are dying from covid19.

people have shown they can’t be trusted so the government needs to be as heavy handed as is required to get this sorted so we can all move on with our lives.

my local park walk area is the only place i can walk to get some sense of space.

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Then the Government should do something to that minority of people and not make everyone else suffer because of it. It’s lazy leadership, to ban everyone from doing something because of the few. 

If I'm restricted from accessing the deserted lake district on my doorstep and instead confined to my massive house (with swiming pool) and garden (with incredible views) because some people in London don't have the self discipline to stay in their claustrophobically small flats, I'll have to remain drunk for far longer than planned. 

We're all in it together. 

Edited by fatyeti24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

If I'm restricted from accessing the deserted lake district on my doorstep and instead confined to my massive house and garden (with incredible views) because some people in London don't have the self discipline to stay in their claustrophobically small flats, I'll have to remain drunk for far longer than planned. 

We're all in it together. 

When this is over can you share a website on here ... if that’s allowed .. hopefully we can fill up your house and help you out .. if not be going ourselves I’m sure we all have friends and familly that will love a trip to the lakes .. that’s of course if you don’t fill up without 

Genuine question, I wouldn’t be trying to ‘circumvent the rules’ but I’ve got two dogs and it’s pretty cruel not to give them exercise, so how would that work? I appreciate that the welfare of a dog is not more important than human life, but I keep myself to myself and I’m never even close to being at risk of going within 2 metres. I’m not saying anyone with a dog should somehow have special privileges if exercise is banned, but I think it would be taking things to daft extremes if it is.  

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

When this is over can you share a website on here ... if that’s allowed .. hopefully we can fill up your house and help you out .. if not be going ourselves I’m sure we all have friends and familly that will love a trip to the lakes .. that’s of course if you don’t fill up without 

Just google Dome house, windermere. It’s the first thing to pop up.

Edited by deebeedoobee

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That's a very kind and thoughtful suggestion,  crazfool, though I wouldn't wish to use this place for my self promotion. 

Should we still have a business left at all after this is over, we'll be back on the usual channels (except booking. com, fuck those guys), we're never hard to find. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Genuine question, I wouldn’t be trying to ‘circumvent the rules’ but I’ve got two dogs and it’s pretty cruel not to give them exercise, so how would that work? I appreciate that the welfare of a dog is not more important than human life, but I keep myself and am never even close to being at risk of going within 2 metres. I’m not saying anyone with a dog should somehow have special privileges if exercise is banned, but I think it would be taking things to the extremes if it is.  

I don’t think anyone can really say, as those changes haven’t been brought in yet.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

That's a very kind and thoughtful suggestion,  crazfool, though I wouldn't wish to use this place for my self promotion. 

Should we still have a business left at all after this is over, we'll be back on the usual channels (except booking. com, fuck those guys), we're never hard to find. 

Of course ... that I understand ... hopefully people will see dees post above ... all the best .. hopefully you will come though and I will certainly remember for after 

10 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Genuine question, I wouldn’t be trying to ‘circumvent the rules’ but I’ve got two dogs and it’s pretty cruel not to give them exercise, so how would that work? I appreciate that the welfare of a dog is not more important than human life, but I keep myself to myself and I’m never even close to being at risk of going within 2 metres. I’m not saying anyone with a dog should somehow have special privileges if exercise is banned, but I think it would be taking things to daft extremes if it is.  

Have to see. I think Italy/Spain allowed short walks for dogs close to home. I have a dog too, but also have a park nearby.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Have to see. I think Italy/Spain allowed short walks for dogs close to home. I have a dog too, but also have a park nearby.

That’s not very fair on people that don’t have dogs, why can’t they go out for the same walk?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I never believed I would see sentiments like this on a Glastonbury message board, it's only taken 3 weeks to turn everyone onto blind acceptance of everything the government says, what happened to "Boris is a liar" and "i wouldn't trust anything a tory government say", I'm not saying don't obey the current rules but we need to keep a firm grip on our civil liberties and be questioning everything we are told, and certainly shouldn't be demanding our freedoms are taken from us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s not very fair on people that don’t have dogs, why can’t they go out for the same walk?

yes, I agree it's not very fair.

I'm hoping they don't impose further restrictions. Sure some people will take the piss, but I think majority are adhering to social distancing when they're out and about...certainly from what I've seen they are. There are a lot of people who live in flats with no outside space, lots of people in abusive relationships stuck at home with their abusers, a lot of people who have mental health issues who need to get out and about for their own well being.
Maybe they should just close off certain areas where distancing is hard..canal towpaths etc.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

If we actually enforced a lockdown we could start getting back to normal in a few weeks. China had bars starting to re-open after a month: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/20/chinese-life-slowly-gets-back-to-normal-as-the-epidemic-subsides-coronavirus

... anddd they’ve closed again 

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

I never believed I would see sentiments like this on a Glastonbury message board, it's only taken 3 weeks to turn everyone onto blind acceptance of everything the government says, what happened to "Boris is a liar" and "i wouldn't trust anything a tory government say", I'm not saying don't obey the current rules but we need to keep a firm grip on our civil liberties and be questioning everything we are told, and certainly shouldn't be demanding our freedoms are taken from us.

Yeah the more we demand is taken, the less we'll get back at the end...