When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder if they'll close the parks next week after all the front page  pics of people out and about over the weekend.

I don't know, but what I do know is that a spike in the rate of increase that comes 2 weeks after those stupid twats descended on the nation's beauty spots ought to inform their decision.

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

😀

Actually, I wrote it on my lunch break! but I started to think about a therapeutic approach last night, so have been spending some time reading about it today (and any and all information about SARS-CoV-2 is useful to me). 

Also, don't read the next post after yours! 😁

No worries pissed old son.. Yakkkk yak 

I don't think there are any doubts that the virus is more "out there" than the figures suggest but I would still guess that a LOT more haven't had it than have. To loosen any lock down restrictions now (or in the next couple of weeks) would be dangerous I think.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I don't think there are any doubts that the virus is more "out there" than the figures suggest but I would still guess that a LOT more haven't had it than have. To loosen any lock down restrictions now (or in the next couple of weeks) would be dangerous I think.

I tend to agree but the percentage of asymptomatic people is important to establish. The higher it is, the lower the death rate

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I tend to agree but the percentage of asymptomatic people is important to establish. The higher it is, the lower the death rate

Lockdown will lower the death rate whether or not the virus has been through more of the population thann we suppose.

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

And the closer we are to herd immunity. But even if it is 10 times as many people infected, we're still a hell of a long way from everyone being immune and being safe enough to remove the lock down.

Lock down is just to protect the NHS and avoid it being overwhelmed and causing additional associated deaths. If there was a way to achieve this without lockdown you can guarantee we wouldn’t be doing it. The vulnerable (or anybody who could, or wanted to take that personal choice) would just be advised to self isolate indefinitely. We will need to exit lockdown at some point, this is not sustainable indefinitely. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

I think they should end the lockdown in a small number of weeks, but keep a very tight lockdown for all those 70+ and those over 50, say, with the most important underlying conditions (diabetes, obesity, heart issues), why? Because excluding these groups the chance of serious illness or death is very low, and it’s quite possible the long term economic impact will be much more damaging to people’s health and well-being. 

4 hours ago, st dan said:

‘Good’ news is that Italy certainly appears to have reached its peak both in terms new cases and deaths. As we are a number of weeks behind them, we can use their example of how they exit the lockdown and see if their strategy works or not. 

In ‘bad’ news - USA is really heading for a horror show at this rate. 

It’s been a horror show since November 2016. Now more people are dying by the white houses’ design, which is what theyve wanted.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Some of the scientists advising our government think the real number of cases here is 10x the confirmed number of 4273.

26 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Some of the scientists advising our government think the real number of cases here is 10x the confirmed number of 4273.

Cases are 38868, so 10x is still a tiny percentage.  I reckon its higher as I know of several cases in my extended network, none of them official.

Stay inside please and help my sister in law do her job as an intensive care nurse and protect her two children at home.

Edited by Lizzim