When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, Havors said:

I'll take what you are saying with a massive pinch of salt also....  I suggest not throwing around arbitrary numbers of death rates.  

That's why I purposefully haven't given any death rates, it would be unprofessional. Everything stated here is based on the personal experience of Mrs Lycra who is right on the frontline in this. For instance, the type of patient her unit is designated to receive will have a big influence on survival/death rates. 

Edited by Lycra

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they also announced yesterday that there's a lag of up-to 3 weeks between a death and that death making the announced numbers. :o 

Surely most deaths will make the figures in the day or two after their death? If someone is being treated for covid-19 and they subsequently die, they will be easily accounted for I'd imagine.

I can't think of any reason there would be a lag in reporting, except for a few edge cases where a further autopsy is required, etc.

I'd like to hope the 'up-to-3 weeks' is for anomalies only.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

So are you saying the officially published figures are false then?

I have never ever said the figures published are false. All I stated the death rate amongst patients admitted to Mrs Lycra's unit was far greater than the the norm. 

7 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Surely most deaths will make the figures in the day or two after their death? If someone is being treated for covid-19 and they subsequently die, they will be easily accounted for I'd imagine.

I can't think of any reason there would be a lag in reporting, except for a few edge cases where a further autopsy is required, etc.

I'd like to hope the 'up-to-3 weeks' is for anomalies only.

I simply repeated what was said yesterday.

Like you I'd guess most make the numbers within a few days. I'd also guess that the ones taking up to three weeks are where someone has died before they're tested - where there wouldn't be priority in the testing for getting those results back.

Just now, Lycra said:

I have never ever said the figures published are false. All I stated the death rate amongst patients admitted to Mrs Lycra's unit was far greater than the the norm. 

As sad as it is that would be my expectation. Government advice had consistently been if you think you’ve got it stay at home and self isolate, don’t even call 111. My assumption would be that only people who absolutely need hospital treatment or who have serious underlying conditions are actually going to hospital. Nobody should be going there if it’s mild. 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

What do you mean by your last sentence?

The last sentence is based on personal experience of Mrs Lycra. The death rate amongst patients she sees has increased very significantly.

35 minutes ago, Lycra said:

That's why I purposefully haven't given any death rates, it would be unprofessional. Everything stated here is based on the personal experience of Mrs Lycra who is right on the frontline in this. For instance, the type of patient her unit is designated to receive will have a big influence on survival/death rates. 

Exactly.... its all relative and not the big picture. 

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think they're keeping how really fuckin grim it is away from the public.

Absolutely right - because the general public cannot and possibly will not, comprehend/understand it. Hence the deflection tactics currently being employed in the press to divert approbrium onto the police (deserved in one or two cases, fully fabricated in many others). Next month it'll be someone else when the civil unrest starts in the usual areas..

Wife now back redeployed within NHS from today, being issued two uniforms, one to wash on return home each day. Slowly ramping up in our trust area....not at full capacity yet but expecting it soon. Suitable PPE at a premium, staffing at rock bottom, caseload normally run by 20 now being done on a slow drawdown of service by  a team of five with the expectation that they cannot expect to get everything right. Be interesting to see what blame is apportioned at a later stage when mistakes are inevitably made.

And all this is nothing compared to the financial juggernaut that is going to dwarf all this when the public have forgotten the response to this, but will be being forced to pay with massive tax rises, and increased austerity in the decade to come. 

30 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Absolutely right - because the general public cannot and possibly will not, comprehend/understand it. Hence the deflection tactics currently being employed in the press to divert approbrium onto the police (deserved in one or two cases, fully fabricated in many others). Next month it'll be someone else when the civil unrest starts in the usual areas..

Wife now back redeployed within NHS from today, being issued two uniforms, one to wash on return home each day. Slowly ramping up in our trust area....not at full capacity yet but expecting it soon. Suitable PPE at a premium, staffing at rock bottom, caseload normally run by 20 now being done on a slow drawdown of service by  a team of five with the expectation that they cannot expect to get everything right. Be interesting to see what blame is apportioned at a later stage when mistakes are inevitably made.

And all this is nothing compared to the financial juggernaut that is going to dwarf all this when the public have forgotten the response to this, but will be being forced to pay with massive tax rises, and increased austerity in the decade to come. 

yeah, the fallout from this is going to be massive

I have nearly been back in work for a week now after taking the last of my annual leave for the year last week. Came back in to an absolute whirlwind of a situation in comparison to what it was like beforehand. I’ve never felt so deflated and frustrated when coming home from work. People blatantly not being bothered about the whole situation and making 6/7 trips a day to the shop as an excuse to leave the house. We’ve been told we can’t refuse anybody sale. Even with that in mind I’ve started threatening people with refusing to serve them if they continue to use the shop as an excuse to leave the house. It’s so hard, we’ve forced the other half’s Mum & Dad to move in with her Uncle for the foreseeable future just so we can carry on working and there are people who are just not bothered about the whole situation. 😢

3 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I have nearly been back in work for a week now after taking the last of my annual leave for the year last week. Came back in to an absolute whirlwind of a situation in comparison to what it was like beforehand. I’ve never felt so deflated and frustrated when coming home from work. People blatantly not being bothered about the whole situation and making 6/7 trips a day to the shop as an excuse to leave the house. We’ve been told we can’t refuse anybody sale. Even with that in mind I’ve started threatening people with refusing to serve them if they continue to use the shop as an excuse to leave the house. It’s so hard, we’ve forced the other half’s Mum & Dad to move in with her Uncle for the foreseeable future just so we can carry on working and there are people who are just not bothered about the whole situation. 😢

sorry to hear that ... im hoping the panic buying has how calmed down and that there are now restrictions as to the numbers entering ... reports I get back are that things have much improved but yes the usual suspects seem to continue to have a blatant disregard but they will be in the minority .... its tough and I know how obnoxious customers can be and the shit my colleagues have faced too ... as for refusing sale I guess as frustrating as it is , you have to accept company policy ( but what you dont need to accept is any kind of abuse ) and your company should be backing you on that especially now 

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Where do you work?

I ventured down to Tesco’s for the weekly shop earlier. Was mightily impressed with how well organised it all was. A short queue to be allowed in (with everyone keeping their distance), shelves well stocked and minimal fuss or issues from anyone. Got about 90% of what I needed too.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Where do you work?

Tesco

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

sorry to hear that ... im hoping the panic buying has how calmed down and that there are now restrictions as to the numbers entering ... reports I get back are that things have much improved but yes the usual suspects seem to continue to have a blatant disregard but they will be in the minority .... its tough and I know how obnoxious customers can be and the shit my colleagues have faced too ... as for refusing sale I guess as frustrating as it is , you have to accept company policy ( but what you dont need to accept is any kind of abuse ) and your company should be backing you on that especially now 

The panic buying has stopped and the shelves are starting to fill up now, but due to the new measures that they’ve brought in in regards to distance that you need to keep from each other whether that is staff or customers it makes it impossible for us to work properly. We’ve asked can we change to working nights instead of days so we’re there outside of opening hours when the shop is filled with customers and we’ve been told no. Haven’t really had much flack off customers the vast majority understand that they have to abide by the new rules , it’s just frustrating seeing the same faces in the shop multiple times per day, not listening to governments request and some appearing to be using being off work as an extra holiday. Had several enquiries about BBQ stuff over the weekend. Need it to start pissing down. 

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

Tesco

The panic buying has stopped and the shelves are starting to fill up now, but due to the new measures that they’ve brought in in regards to distance that you need to keep from each other whether that is staff or customers it makes it impossible for us to work properly. We’ve asked can we change to working nights instead of days so we’re there outside of opening hours when the shop is filled with customers and we’ve been told no. Haven’t really had much flack off customers the vast majority understand that they have to abide by the new rules , it’s just frustrating seeing the same faces in the shop multiple times per day, not listening to governments request and some appearing to be using being off work as an extra holiday. Had several enquiries about BBQ stuff over the weekend. Need it to start pissing down. 

Yep it’s that time of year ... I guess family’s will have bbqs too ... but rain would make a difference to keeping people inside too .. we moved our entire homeshop operation to outside opening hours ... 2am - 8am and yesterday I was asked if I wanted to go back on those hours ... I declined ... that might mess me up more !! Our store have been quite good with individual health related requests ... so maybe you can phrase it something like that 

9 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Tesco

"it’s just frustrating seeing the same faces in the shop multiple times per day" can totally understand your annoyance at this, they are making it harder for your other customers too, I would tell them it's max 2 visits per day, your management need to know about this.

As for the BBQ comment, there's no harm in people wanting to be outdoors and as long as they stay in their own gardens with their own kids I can't see why you're so negative, it can't be easy trying to keep kids entertained 24/7 and letting them have a bit of time cooking in the garden is going to get them some fresh air and hopefully sunshine too.

4 hours ago, Havors said:

Exactly.... its all relative and not the big picture. 

Maybe the point your missing is that fact that in normal times Mrs Lycra's unit is the frontline for those with serious respiratory conditions and in normal times 8 or 9 out of 10 patients would go home. Hope to have a piece of positive news tomorrow.

Edited by Lycra