When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Pretty obvious I was talking about future deaths. 🙄

but it wasn't, that's the point. You highlighted my use of "death rate" - which is a measure against the number of dead and not the number who might die - and then you talked about the number who might die as tho it's the death rate.

edit: OK, OK, i've been guilty of doing the same and using both terms.

There's the average of how many times you'll throw a dice and get six, and then there's the probability of throwing a six on the next roll if you threw 6 on the last roll. 

Edited by eFestivals

5 hours ago, Havors said:

I read an open letter from a bunch of top german experts to their government implying the opposite may be true.... that people who have the virus found in their system postmortem are being recorded as dying from it even though they may well not have. There was some very interesting question raised with sources etc, well worth a read. Not sure how big a pinch of salt to take it with though...

https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-professor-sucharit-bhakdi-to-german-chancellor-dr-angela-merkel/

I have also read (more pinches of salt) that the virus has been downgraded by public health england and the government is over playing its severity to help ease any burdon on the NHS.  

Again all just food for thought. 

I do think we will start to see restriction slowly lifted in a staggered fashion by May sometime. 

Take what you read with a massive pinch of salt.

Mrs Lycra's unit is now full of covid-19 positive patients with the vast majority having underlaying conditions which in the norm would be medium to long term survivable, ie  months or years not days. Her personal experience is exactly in line with what experts have been saying. The death rate of patients is also much much greater, not just 100% or 200% greater than the norm.

16 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Mrs Lycra's unit is now full of covid-19 positive patients with the vast majority having underlaying conditions which in the norm would be medium to long term survivable, ie  months or years not days. Her personal experience is exactly in line with what experts have been saying. The death rate of patients is also much much greater, not just 100% or 200% greater than the norm.

What do you mean by your last sentence?

It is going to be a disgrace come the end of April.

Look how many domestic murders there have been this week. The 'murder-suicide' of the family, including dog was particular disturbing.

Police can't do right or wrong in the eyes of public and media. Being too overbearing with powers or not doing enough; pick one and stick with it ffs.

NHS workers and all key workers will be at the end of their tethers (already are in some cases). 

Football clubs showing their true colours looking for bailouts, when in three months they'll be throwing out millions on players and contracts.

The human race is honestly just something else. At least the environment is getting a break..

42 minutes ago, zahidf said:

See the 'let them die' calls have started

I suggested on Facebook that I'd be willing to knock off a few of the elderly and infirm myself if it meant we could all get back in the pub a bit quicker.  There were no takers, so I'm biding my time.

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

I'll take what you are saying with a massive pinch of salt also....  I suggest not throwing around arbitrary numbers of death rates.  

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We need to see how the death figures pan out over the next few days, today was the first time they’re counting deaths at home and in care homes towards the figures. To go 260, 200, 180, 367 reflects some inconsistencies over the past few days.

367 is England, it's 393 for UK.