When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Just in case anyone had forgotten

The full text of what they wanted to add to the bottom of the Queens Speech

Screen-Shot-2017-06-28-at-200536.png

No one serious about passing an amendment to a speech would put "Respectfully regret ...fails to" on the end of it. So what they're cheering is a bit of political game-playing being stopped. 

There are ways and means of achieving pay rises that don't involve doing what they did here. 

Sorry to have to explain this but whenever I see a "nasty tories doing X" video I always think "ok, what was the context" and find it's being dressed up as something that's not. How that's meant to engender people to the left I have no idea, but as with so many other occasions, it just ends up pushing me away. 

Edited by UEF
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, UEF said:

The full text of what they wanted to add to the bottom of the Queens Speech

Screen-Shot-2017-06-28-at-200536.png

No one serious about passing an amendment to a speech would put "Respectfully regret ...fails to" on the end of it. So what they're cheering is a bit of political game-playing being stopped. 

There are ways and means of achieving pay rises that don't involve doing what they did here. 

Sorry to have to explain this but whenever I see a "nasty tories doing X" video I always think "ok, what was the context" and find it's being dressed up as something that's not. How that's meant to engender people to the left I have no idea, but as with so many other occasions, it just ends up pushing me away. 

Will have to agree to disagree on this one

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

180 deaths reported in the UK today 

Second decrease in 2 days. Probably a blip still but 🤞

I read something earlier about how the death figures only account for those in hospital and not those that die at home, but from tomorrow this will change so it’s possible we see a rise from that.

As far as the latest death figures are concerned, this is admittedly from the Metro, but how do these rags get away with reporting like this:

Today’s jump in deaths is the latest worrying daily increase, which follows a sharp rise of 209 deaths on Sunday, and a leap of 260 deaths on Saturday

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

180 deaths reported in the UK today 

Second decrease in 2 days. Probably a blip still but 🤞

they've changed the way they're counting the numbers - and it's probably taking a few days for that change to filter thru as there's plenty of evidence of a delay* between areas reporting numbers to the govt and those numbers being used in what's published.

(* the delay is probably just shit admin rather than conspiracy.)

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they've changed the way they're counting the numbers - and it's probably taking a few days for that change to filter thru as there's plenty of evidence of a delay* between areas reporting numbers to the govt and those numbers being used in what's published.

(* the delay is probably just shit admin rather than conspiracy.)

Ah ok cool. Will see what the infected rate is later as well.

Wouldn't the lower count also apply to sat figures? So the downward trend would remain?

Edited by zahidf

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

If the way of counting has been changed which creates a downtrend, that downtrend can only be sustained beyond the phasing-in of the change if there was an actual downtrend.

What’s the change though?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-death-toll-today-positive-testing-cases-a9434791.html%3famp

The only change I can see is one that will kick in tomorrow and potentially push numbers up, the only other thing is a lag in reporting some deaths while they’re checked but would that not have happened throughout?

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I read something earlier about how the death figures only account for those in hospital and not those that die at home, but from tomorrow this will change so it’s possible we see a rise from that.

As far as the latest death figures are concerned, this is admittedly from the Metro, but how do these rags get away with reporting like this:

Today’s jump in deaths is the latest worrying daily increase, which follows a sharp rise of 209 deaths on Sunday, and a leap of 260 deaths on Saturday

Hello there a19tgg! :P

13 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The only change I can see is one that will kick in tomorrow and potentially push numbers up

Hmmm. When this change was announced last week, the reporting I read (or perhaps mis-read) was saying the numbers would go down from the changes, because deaths at home would end up being excluded but are currently included.

So I'm confused.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

So I'm confused.

just having thought about it, what happens with the numbers over the next week(ish) should clear up any confusion over whether the change in method makes the numbers go up instead of down unless the govt has got lucky with the timing of the change of method coinciding with the flattening of the curve.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. When this change was announced last week, the reporting I read (or perhaps mis-read) was saying the numbers would go down from the changes, because deaths at home would end up being excluded but are currently included.

So I'm confused.

think that already in place, but they're going to start publishing numbers who died at home too...weekly I think.