When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Where are we meant to exercise if we’re not allowed ‘anywhere’? Weird thing to say 

I guess means not allowed anywhere in a group of more than 2. It is getting confusing though. My partner just drove somewhere about a mile away to walk dog and got told off by a copper for not walking from front door.

7 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Where are we meant to exercise if we’re not allowed ‘anywhere’? Weird thing to say 

The government advice is pretty clear is it not? We can exercise once a day in our local area, but not groups and only families permitted together. Not everyone will be doing their exercise at the same time in the same place, many won’t actually exercise. I’m doing personal exercise at home and walking my dogs once a day without getting into my car to take them somewhere. I’m comfortably managing to keep 2 metres from anyone and I’m certainly not encountering large groups of people congregated in one place, because that isn’t allowed. Open a beach or a nature reserve and it stands to reason people will flock there in huge numbers, which is precisely what they don’t want and precisely why they are closed.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The government advice is pretty clear is it not? We can exercise once a day in our local area, but not groups and only families permitted together. 

Yes precisely and my ‘local area’ is slap bang in the middle of the countryside. Even farmers are trying to stop people walking on public footpaths that cross their land, never mind the exclusion from all the local NT places and beaches. 

The rule May be sensible in some places, in others not so much - hence me hoping this is one that gets relaxed soonest. The ‘don’t come into the office’ rule I can live with a bit longer tho :) 

1 minute ago, whitehorses said:

Yes precisely and my ‘local area’ is slap bang in the middle of the countryside. Even farmers are trying to stop people walking on public footpaths that cross their land, never mind the exclusion from all the local NT places and beaches. 

The rule May be sensible in some places, in others not so much - hence me hoping this is one that gets relaxed soonest. The ‘don’t come into the office’ rule I can live with a bit longer tho :) 

they need to lift the closed schools and pubs one quicksmart.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, whitehorses said:

That’s just the unfortunate for you though, but you can see the logic of them closing places that are a focal point for people to travel to. 

I live in London on the cusp of two boroughs with three parks in easy walking distance, of various sizes. However one of the boroughs (Hammersmith and Fulham) has unilaterally decided to shut all its parks. I went for a walk the other morning and found my nearest one locked up. So now I only have the ones park I can go to, which is fine, but I don't get the logic of shutting the others.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Aghhh

She also said this:

'This is not to say we would be in complete lockdown for six months, but as a nation we have to be really, really responsible and keep doing what we’re all doing until we’re sure we can gradually start lifting various interventions which are likely to be spaced – based on the science and our data – until we gradually come back to a normal way of living.'

So whilst the restrictions could be in place for that time, they might not be as severe as they are now for all of that time.

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

She also said this:

'This is not to say we would be in complete lockdown for six months, but as a nation we have to be really, really responsible and keep doing what we’re all doing until we’re sure we can gradually start lifting various interventions which are likely to be spaced – based on the science and our data – until we gradually come back to a normal way of living.'

So whilst the restrictions could be in place for that time, they might not be as severe as they are now for all of that time.

Yeah I was going to post the same. Good old ITV selectively quoting their sources. 

13 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The lawyers are pretty clear that the law does not prevent you from travelling in order to exercise. That comes from the guidance and the spin the police have put on it. Eg 

Interesting. Devon and Cornwall Police are all over my Facebook telling me not to drive anywhere, they’re stopping cars all over the place, and there’s been a chopper cruising the beaches. Bastards.

Edit: Of course, that tweet feels entirely correct to me. 

Edited by whitehorses

Hey friends, hope everyone is staying well. I want to buy a couple of tickets to see Kevin Morby in July as a gift. Obviously with the current situation I’m aware it may not happen, so although I wouldn’t usually, should I buy ticket protection? 

edit to add pic, with the refund protection included this is in the terms. Seems harsh. 

5A0096B8-2161-4529-BF3D-6AA77C2C2253.jpeg

Edited by ModernMan

3 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Hey friends, hope everyone is staying well. I want to buy a couple of tickets to see Kevin Morby in July as a gift. Obviously with the current situation I’m aware it may not happen, so although I wouldn’t usually, should I buy ticket protection? 

edit to add pic, with the refund protection included this is in the terms. Seems harsh. 

5A0096B8-2161-4529-BF3D-6AA77C2C2253.jpeg

Youd get a refund if the event doesnt happen.

I recommend getting it with a credit card or PayPal payment though so you have protection under than 

2 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

If the gig doesn't happen then you get refunded, or if it gets postponed you still have tickets to the following date. Insurance is if you can't make it for whatever reason.

23 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Interesting. Devon and Cornwall Police are all over my Facebook telling me not to drive anywhere, they’re stopping cars all over the place, and there’s been a chopper cruising the beaches. Bastards.

Edit: Of course, that tweet feels entirely correct to me. 

I hope they continue to do this and good luck to them. There are too many idiots out there risking other people’s lives through their ignorance and selfishness. The beaches have been busy and the car parks indicate that a proportion of these visitors are people specifically travelling to visit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Yeah I was going to post the same. Good old ITV selectively quoting their sources. 

Yep, I see it all the time. It's so frustrating, a lot of people won't read far enough and will just assume 'lockdown for 6 months!' It's really irresponsible.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

could well be six months...maybe it's part of that nudge thing, preparing us.

It could be, but that wasn't the full quote. They selectively used that part in an effort to sensationalise what was being said to gain clicks/likes etc.