When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oooo, any details, please? Where did you apply, and was there any qualifying criteria?

I applied to my local council authority. The page went live this morning. I needed my business rates reference, vat reference, bank details and supporting document (a photo of my latest statement in this case) and had to 'sign' a few disclaimers. All pretty straight forward and if successful we should have the money in a week. 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I applied to my local council authority. The page went live this morning. I needed my business rates reference, vat reference, bank details and supporting document (a photo of my latest statement in this case) and had to 'sign' a few disclaimers. All pretty straight forward and if successful we should have the money in a week. 

dammit :( ... I'd seen somewhere about business rates, so that's me very probably excluded as i work from home.

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

yeah, as i thought. :( 

Bit of a paradox that one, as qualifying businesses are not now paying the very thing which excludes me. ;) 

Gonna have to furlough myself. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I've just been furloughed to start as of Wednesday.

Anyone else Team Furlough? 

My wife is waiting to find out, her work have said they will make up the difference between the governments cap and 80% of her wages. Not all big companies are arseholes.

This “oh look at us we’ve sorted the virus out” bullshit propaganda is proving to be just that.

China is now walking headfirst into a second outbreak because they want to be seen as the first country to “overcome” the virus.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

This “oh look at us we’ve sorted the virus out” bullshit propaganda is proving to be just that.

China is now walking headfirst into a second outbreak because they want to be seen as the first country to “overcome” the virus.

This is surely going to be the case in every country? This is the worst part - they will easy social distancing rules and within a week we'll be back where we are now as it'll spread again.

I don't pretend to understand how this all works though so happy for someone to tell me (please!) why this isn't the case.

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This is surely going to be the case in every country? This is the worst part - they will easy social distancing rules and within a week we'll be back where we are now as it'll spread again.

I don't pretend to understand how this all works though so happy for someone to tell me (please!) why this isn't the case.

The holy grail is to do what Singapore do:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/singapore-coronavirus-app-tracking-testing-no-shutdown-how-it-works-2020-3%3famp