When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

No words on what laws have been implemented to support the enforcing of this. Without sounding too pessimistic, without proper clarity around that it leaves too many loop holes for people to take advantage. 

Dark days indeed, but compared to other countries, always seems like we get barely an explanation and proper clarification. I have friends in the construction industry who are still completely confused as to whether they’ll be at work tomorrow or there’s things to cover them.

That’s my thoughts ... how on earth do they know if people are going for 1st walk or 5th ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

That’s my thoughts ... how on earth do they know if people are going for 1st walk or 5th ? 

People know if they have been for 1st walk or taking the piss. We all have a personal responsibility to get through this, can’t beliwve some factions of society are so fuckin stupid 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

And not just that..

Police Officer: sir, there’s a curfew..

Arsehole ignoring curfew: so what?

PO: please return home.

AIC: No.

PO: what’s your name?

AIC: I’m not giving you my name.

Please find me a police officer who is going to put hands on or drag someone to a police station for refusing details, when there appears to be no actual law in place? You can’t fine someone without a name and address and without being protected by a law from complaints.. don’t think any officers will be risking their jobs. 

Just now, oneeye said:

People know if they have been for 1st walk or taking the piss. We all have a personal responsibility to get through this, can’t beliwve some factions of society are so fuckin stupid 

I couldn’t agree more ... but it’s going to be Those same people that have been enjoying the sunshine of late ... that’s my fear .. hope it’s not a reality 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

See last quote  ... unfortunately I think some like now will choose not to follow what’s said 

In which case it’s down to others who witness this behaviour to challenge. I did earlier this evening, don’t ignore, challenge 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

They don't. It's to scold the mother's day park crowds.

Smol dog is going out twice a day (social distancing compliant because that is common sense). He did break all the rules and went to the office though (before all this started).

p.s. I'm an ex-NHS worker with two very at risk parents and a best friend with CF who I'm not going to see for three months. It's basically a prick tax that has shafted the sensible among us

20200318_163105.jpg

Can't see these measures being lifted for at least 6 weeks. In 3 weeks we may be starting to get over the peak but the measures will be needed for longer still to make sure it doesn't bounce back. I'd cautiously wager start of June for these measures being relaxed, with some form of them being in place to the Autumn. I don't expect to be back at work until the academic year is over.

Who the hell knows, though. Japan seems to be getting back to somewhere resembling normal life, not that we're anywhere near as sensible as the Japanese mind.

7 minutes ago, oneeye said:

But it’s not?!

Kind of is in my trades instance. I'm a landscaper, I work outside in the open, there's two of us, and we've been working and will continue to work within the social distancing rules, and obviously I cant work from home. I've been in touch with all my future clients who are happy for us to work and we've strict rules in place that they're all aware of (prior to Boris' statement however). There's now a lot of confusion in the landscaping forums on that statement. Are we essential work? Is our travel non-essential? No more gatherings of more than 2 people....does that apply to places of work i.e. 2 or more people onsite is forbidden? Will the merchants have to close? Is a hardware store classed as a merchant? It's not that clearcut in my instance, and honestly I'm not sure where me and lot of my fellow trades stand on this.

4 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

Kind of is in my trades instance. I'm a landscaper, I work outside in the open, there's two of us, and we've been working and will continue to work within the social distancing rules, and obviously I cant work from home. I've been in touch with all my future clients who are happy for us to work and we've strict rules in place that they're all aware of (prior to Boris' statement however). There's now a lot of confusion in the landscaping forums on that statement. Are we essential work? Is our travel non-essential? No more gatherings of more than 2 people....does that apply to places of work i.e. 2 or more people onsite is forbidden? Will the merchants have to close? Is a hardware store classed as a merchant? It's not that clearcut in my instance, and honestly I'm not sure where me and lot of my fellow trades stand on this.

I have a lot of friends in your position and feel so so sorry for you with this wishy washy bullshit. It's an attempt to appear decisive without actually saying anything of note. All the best x

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can't see these measures being lifted for at least 6 weeks. In 3 weeks we may be starting to get over the peak but the measures will be needed for longer still to make sure it doesn't bounce back. I'd cautiously wager start of June for these measures being relaxed, with some form of them being in place to the Autumn. I don't expect to be back at work until the academic year is over.

Who the hell knows, though. Japan seems to be getting back to somewhere resembling normal life, not that we're anywhere near as sensible as the Japanese mind.

And to think we thought Glastonbury festival might go ahead a couple of weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

Didn't seem confusing to me. You're being told to stay home. If you're not a key worker and you can't work from home you're off work.

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Unless we lock down for a year or two, it's going to bounce back regardless. If things aren't looking that much better in six weeks then - if they don't go for alternating - I think there'll just be a mass 'huh well that didn't work, how about a bash at herd immunity?'.

Edited by dentalplan

54 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm relieved actually. Thought they would say you couldn't go for a walk or anything. Solo walks around the block on my own have been a godsend since last week! 

I love a solo walk, listening to a podcast. So this is something.

Please can be people stay in as asked! Things of who what and when will become clearer each day! 
I work for frontline services as do many of my friends and family! We are trying to keep you safe and well! But people not listening is putting more of us at risk! 
As well as dealing with the coronavirus we are continuing to do our normal jobs like preventing crime, making sure children and adults are not being abused! Making sure the vulnerable are safe in lots of ways! 
We are not seeing our friends and family either! Its horrible to see small business and self employed lose their jobs! Its all shit! 
but please limit your physical contact with people! Be inventive use social media and other forms of communication! Together we can get through this! 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I love a solo walk, listening to a podcast. So this is something.

Yeah I was genuinely expecting them to say this was off limits. They still could of course but for now it's good to know you can get a bit of air and sunlight. Won't even necessarily go out every day, a few times a week would do.