The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I bet self isolation in one room is hard, but it is quite amazing what people can become adjusted to. Are you doing it for 14 days? Is it because you're sick or were you just near someone who was sick? I'm not really a big tv/movie watcher as a general rule but I guess I'll find myself getting into such things after a few weeks

I started coughing on Monday. tbh I'm not even sure it hit the threshold for continuous, I was just being super cautious as I encounter a lot of people in my work 

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I started coughing on Monday. tbh I'm not even sure it hit the threshold for continuous, I was just being super cautious as I encounter a lot of people in my work 

just been talking to my nursing sister about it ... its very continuous ( edit never believe an internet forum  though :)  ) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

just been talking to my nursing sister about it ... its very continuous ( edit never believe an internet forum  though :)  ) 

Yeah, it definitely wasn't that. And I didn't get a temperature at any point. There were points where I was a bit breathless after a coughing spell but I get that with colds and what have you. I did read a case of a man locally who had symptoms very similar to mine which then quickly got a lot worse and he ended up hospitalised (don't think it had been confirmed at the time of the story but was being treated as Covid 19) but if I remember correctly that had already happened well before 7 days after first symptoms, which is where I am at

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Im so bored. I got laid off Feb 28th so I feel like I've been in isolation for 3 weeks already. This is extremely bad timing as all of the jobs I've applied to are now working from home and clearly not worried about hiring!

Oh, no! Sorry to hear that! It's not much consolation, but I can recommend The Simpsons meme thread. It got me through a good portion of the morning...and cheered me up a little too 🙂

8 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Im so bored. I got laid off Feb 28th so I feel like I've been in isolation for 3 weeks already. This is extremely bad timing as all of the jobs I've applied to are now working from home and clearly not worried about hiring!

I'm in a similar position, although I need to be upping my chops a bit while I'm trying to sort stuff out.

We need an efest wide project we can all get behind. Write ourselves a song or something ahah.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm in a similar position, although I need to be upping my chops a bit while I'm trying to sort stuff out.

We need an efest wide project we can all get behind. Write ourselves a song or something ahah.

did someone mention fancy dress ? .... maybe not :) how about an efest hat competition ...

Edited by crazyfool1

7 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Anyone else started using the supplies stored in the glastonbury box loo roll hand sanitiser Antibac spay and wipes paracetomel and the vitamin c tablets! 
its just the 48 energy drinks i ordered for the team from the wholesalers im now wondering what to do with!!!!!

Thanks, as this reminded me.... I had 2 antibacterial sprays in the loft I’d forgotten about. Also discovered two thirds of a loo roll in the bottom of my rucksack. Haven’t let on to the rest of the family about that yet. If things get desperate in a few weeks time I might need to go for a private shit in the corner of my loft.

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh I forgot about my Glastonbury 50th book! i also have two older ones that I haven't got round to reading yet either!

@Ozanne - yeh, I live on my own too. I'm not too worried about my physical health, but I am a bit worried about mental health. Took me a really long time to get out of bed this morning, as everything seems a bit pointless. Particularly as Glasgow is gloriously sunny for the first time in god knows how long.... However, finally managed to drag my sorry ass out for a 7k run and now I feel a wee bit better. I just think we all need to keep talking to each other when things get really tough.

That’s a big part I’m worried about too, how it’ll effect my mental health. I’m really close to my nephews the eldest one who’s 2 years old and the youngest is nearly 6 months, and possibly not being able to see them for months it’s really getting to me. I’m feeling really low about it this evening. 

Generally I’m fine being on my own so hopefully this feeling will pass but it’s worrying me.  

Just now, Ozanne said:

That’s a big part I’m worried about too, how it’ll effect my mental health. I’m really close to my nephews the eldest one who’s 2 years old and the youngest is nearly 6 months, and possibly not being able to see them for months it’s really getting to me. I’m feeling really low about it this evening. 

Generally I’m fine being on my own so hopefully this feeling will pass but it’s worrying me.  

My walk today with my headphones on and the sun shining definitely helped me 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I often feel a bit bluesy on Sunday evenings, but yeh....this one feels particularly grim.

Are you able to Skype your family and stuff? I know it's not the same at all, particularly with kids, but it definitely helps. I guess we'll all start getting more used to it as time goes on.

18 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I often feel a bit bluesy on Sunday evenings, but yeh....this one feels particularly grim.

Are you able to Skype your family and stuff? I know it's not the same at all, particularly with kids, but it definitely helps. I guess we'll all start getting more used to it as time goes on.

Yeah I can, although the 2 year olds attention span means he doesn’t stick around long 😂 You are right after a bit of time we’ll be more used to it and it won’t feel as bad.

I've been in self isolation due to medical history since Wednesday and it's definitely a bit of a struggle knowing you're not going to get human contact for the foreseeable future.

My Husband is in the spare room right now. Our wedding anniversary was yesterday and we had a nice homemade meal but we had to sit at opposite sides of the table.

On a positive note, I finally set up my work from home space in the study. Yes I own a lot of make up. Yes I'm sad I have next to no use for it right now.

20200323_101745.jpg

1 minute ago, Bryanrebe said:

I've been in self isolation due to medical history since Wednesday and it's definitely a bit of a struggle knowing you're not going to get human contact for the foreseeable future.

My Husband is in the spare room right now. Our wedding anniversary was yesterday and we had a nice homemade meal but we had to sit at opposite sides of the table.

On a positive note, I finally set up my work from home space in the study. Yes I own a lot of make up. Yes I'm sad I have next to no use for it right now.

20200323_101745.jpg

That lighter near the wig is gonna keep me up tonight, Bryanrebe. Pop it in the junk drawer in the kitchen. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

20200323_101745.jpg

u could use the makeup for some kind of mural ?