The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Had a party on Saturday for a mates birthday. All done virtually using laptops, tablets and phones. Was about 16 of us all playing drinking games and getting wrecked till some early time in the morning. 

As we were all in our own houses a few of us were doing random fancy dress and changing outfits every time we popped to the loo. 

Sounds like my kind of ultimate party :) I’m having enough issues trying to get my friends to download the zoom app !! 

21 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Hiya everyone, how are we all doing?

Had a bit of a shitter last week with all this and been a bit mopey but a massive thanks to @crazyfool1 for reminding me to get my arse back on here with you lot :)

hope everyone is ok :) 

Yay :) have a read through ... and if you need to post anything do it  ... we will help somehow :) welcome back 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Done

20 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Signed gladly. 

I've even sent it to a young friend who is studying at Birmingham University, as she might want to do the same with her uni. From what I can gather universities etc are a bloody scandal nowadays compared to what used to be the case. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sounds like my kind of ultimate party :) I’m having enough issues trying to get my friends to download the zoom app !! 

We used zoom for it. 

The trending Houseparty App only lets you have 8 connections and the inbuilt games only work if you’re using a mobile or tablet. 

Facebook video chat struggles if there is more than a few people. 

Skype has been a bit on the dodgy side since it started been built into windows. We struggled to even add people to each other’s contact lists. 

I definitely recommend zoom for large chats. Only limitation is the 40 minute chat limit for those using a free account but if you’re likely to be using it for a while it’s definitely worth getting a small subscription. Only one person needs to have a premium account and the rooms they host can go on indefinitely. 

23 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Today has been a bit easier for me. Worked a slightly shorter day which felt better, tons of Glastonbury pics popping up on my twitter feed and my boy ready for a cuddle as soon as I got home :)

IMG_20200330_175011.jpg

someone looks at peace with the world ... :) 

2 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

All the glastonbury pics and this thread are keep me going!! Thank you everyone! 😘

There’s been some cracking photos on there today definately made me smile a few times today ... spirits higher and taking small bits of good news is well worth doing :) 

Tonight I was due to see The Who at The Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff.  It was actually called off by the band in anticipation about a week before gigs were put on hold anyway. Rescheduled for March next year.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Tonight I was due to see The Who at The Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff.  It was actually called off by the band in anticipation about a week before gigs were put on hold anyway. Rescheduled for March next year.

We were meant to see them last week, the rescheduled date is next March 10th. 

11 hours ago, Bisque said:

Has anyone ventured on to Skyscanner to see the prices of flights at the moment?

I get email alerts for cheap flights. Currently you can get £200 returns London-New York between August and next February with Virgin Atlantic. 

6 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

Well Mrs Amos came home from work with a temperature and had to quarantine for 7 days , I have to quarantine for 14 days, I'm now at day 10 and things are getting desperate

rizla.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope your Mrs is doing ok tho? And yourself? :) 

Is she better?

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope your Mrs is doing ok tho? And yourself? :) 

Is she better?

Hi Welly , Mrs Amos Is doing fine , she has returned to work , she had a temp for a couple of days and a mild cough for 5, I just have a cough which I had before all this started , I guess smoking for over 40 years is coming back to bite me

9 hours ago, DeadAmos said:

Well Mrs Amos came home from work with a temperature and had to quarantine for 7 days , I have to quarantine for 14 days, I'm now at day 10 and things are getting desperate

rizla.jpg

You should have used the coffee filters for arse wiping before the precious rizlas!

Anyway. Some good shit there

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, DeadAmos said:

rizla.jpg

At least greens have a bit of body to them.  If it was the silvers you'd be in an even worse state!! :lol:

15 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I get email alerts for cheap flights. Currently you can get £200 returns London-New York between August and next February with Virgin Atlantic. 

I’m looking at flights to Porto which are usually £150 for about £30.

Might be worth the risk.

Found a flight to Bali for £250 but via China.

6 hours ago, Bisque said:

I’m looking at flights to Porto which are usually £150 for about £30.

Might be worth the risk.

Found a flight to Bali for £250 but via China.

Would have thought China one of the safest places to go via right now! 

The flight prices are insane for the back end of this year, but I just feel too wary to book anything at the moment. Even though having a holiday to look forward to would be great after all of this.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:41 PM, northernringo said:

Sweet, keep the updates coming in this thread :) 

Well, it's up and running and it works! Some are a lot easier than others to get working. So far NES, SNES and Amstrad games (my first computer!) are nice and straightforward . MAME arcades are a bit hit and miss as there are so many variants of the emulator version, so it's a bit potluck on whether I can get a download running. I've got some Amiga games working, but again it's a case of finding the right ROM type as it runs the  Amiberry emulator, and it's not the most common ROM.

N64 is the big problem at the moment. The Pi3 is only just capable of running it, but it needs som tweaking in the config files. Unfortunately I know the sum total of fuck all about linux, so not figured that out yet!

But I've got enough to keep me happy, and hopefully the options for config and customising should give me lots to get my teeth into :)

20200401_182939.jpg

20200401_182627.jpg

20200401_180843.jpg

20200401_180740.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1