The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

15 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

That is incredible! I can't believe it only took 4 days?!

So far I can't see any words 😂 worried my brain has well and truly turned to mush.

they are quite tough to find but not impossible  ... I will list them in a day or two :) thanks 

The words to search for ... Lockdown 2020 , stay alert, pandemic , toilet roll , coronavirus, zoom, quiz, Netflix, bleach , random kindness , hope , lonely ,worry , nhs , home haircuts , graphs , scared , stay safe ...... good luck :) missed off pasta and covid 19 

Edited by crazyfool1

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The words to search for ... Lockdown 2020 , stay alert, pandemic , toilet roll , coronavirus, zoom, quiz, Netflix, bleach , random kindness , hope , lonely ,worry , nhs , home haircuts , graphs , scared , stay safe ...... good luck :) 

image.png.47139bfb0e3e3d27103763d33cb75fd4.png

Is that zoom?

Found home haircuts, zoom, lockdown 2020, lonely, coronavirus, covid 19 (its not on ur list but definitely on the pic!)

Still working on the rest :)

(CORONAVIRUS NOT CORONATIONS :lol: )

Edited by Wellyboot
coronations lolololol

49 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Found home haircuts, zoom, lockdown 2020, lonely, coronavirus, covid 19 (its not on ur list but definitely on the pic!)

Still working on the rest :)

(CORONAVIRUS NOT CORONATIONS :lol: )

Good spot ... yes I’d forgotten I’d put that one on there :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The words to search for ... Lockdown 2020 , stay alert, pandemic , toilet roll , coronavirus, zoom, quiz, Netflix, bleach , random kindness , hope , lonely ,worry , nhs , home haircuts , graphs , scared , stay safe ...... good luck :) 

Can't find Netflix or toilet roll, but I've found pasta!

3 years ago today I went to a girl's house. We had been talking for a couple of months online and then one day she invited me to hers. We talked and it turns out we were both going to Glasto '17; our first time at the festival! We spent all night talking about the festival, the lineup, theories, and just getting excited together! She was even an efester before me haha

I had butterflies in my stomach, it seemed like a match made in heaven and I was developing feelings for her. We ended up becoming really close for a few years, and she helped develop my love for live music and festivals. If it wasn't for her, the past few years of my life would have been very different...

Now it's the same day three years on, but there's no Glastonbury and she doesn't talk to me anymore. Feeling the absence of both very much right now =(

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Oh this is so fun! So far got lockdown 2020, stay alert, Covid 19, worry, zoom and home haircuts. Haha, love it!

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

3 years ago today I went to a girl's house. We had been talking for a couple of months online and then one day she invited me to hers. We talked and it turns out we were both going to Glasto '17; our first time at the festival! We spent all night talking about the festival, the lineup, theories, and just getting excited together! She was even an efester before me haha

I had butterflies in my stomach, it seemed like a match made in heaven and I was developing feelings for her. We ended up becoming really close for a few years, and she helped develop my love for live music and festivals. If it wasn't for her, the past few years of my life would have been very different...

Now it's the same day three years on, but there's no Glastonbury and she doesn't talk to me anymore. Feeling the absence of both very much right now =(

😞

Oh Gilgamesh, I know it seems rubbish now, but there will be a Glastonbury again and, once we can actually go outside and meet people, probably also other nice women. Although, you were talking to her online first, right? Have you delved into online Hinge/Tinder/Bumble? A few of my friends have been going on virtual dates and it seems to be working out quite well for a couple of them!

22 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I hope you start to feel better soon. I feel very much the same (except I haven't really been fine up to now)

It's ok to find it hard and its ok have ups and downs and you should just do whatever you think you should do.

I'm finding a lot of people now are becoming 'lockdown experts' telling other people how they should feel or what they should do and its not helpful to pay attention to them. Everyone is different, and you're gunna feel differently on different days and that's ok.

Someone even said to me yesterday "its been 8 weeks now, how are you STILL miserable with it?!" …………. seriously??? lol!!

Thank you. I think naively in my head I thought this would all be sorted by now and the months keep adding up, now almost half the year is gone. I'm literally watching my life go by and It's something I'm really not use to.

I know what you mean about everyone becoming an expert. It's shit to think there are still people that feel everyone must follow a blueprint - especially assuming by now you should have accustomed to it. Sending good thoughts your way! Hopefully we'll see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

55 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Thank you. I think naively in my head I thought this would all be sorted by now and the months keep adding up, now almost half the year is gone. I'm literally watching my life go by and It's something I'm really not use to.

I know what you mean about everyone becoming an expert. It's shit to think there are still people that feel everyone must follow a blueprint - especially assuming by now you should have accustomed to it. Sending good thoughts your way! Hopefully we'll see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

To be honest, I did too!! I really thought (as daft as it sounds now) that after the first 3 week lockdown we'd at least be seeing family again.. Clearly was just wishful thinking on my part :lol: 

We'll get there, its hard like you say to just be watching your life go by and not really doing anything. The one thing I keep trying to think is - imagine the fun we can have next year, we'll have to pack two summers into one! :) 

Keep safe :) 

23 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Someone even said to me yesterday "its been 8 weeks now, how are you STILL miserable with it?!" …………. seriously??? lol!!

That's exactly the reason I'm miserable with it!!

Some people eh!?!?

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, D-Low said:

Anyone else been struggling recently?

Weirdly, up until now I've been fine. Been keeping myself busy with learning guitar, listening to music, reading, Face Timing my girlfriend and running in the mornings (although that's increasingly becoming impossible with how many people are out and about, even starting 6.45am I have to cross the roads up to 10 times during my run to avoid people - everyone's entitled to be out, I'm out myself, but never seen so many people in all my life, especially that early. Guess they all have the same idea as me to beat the rush).

But it's just hit me this week out of the blue. Well I say out of the blue. The Welsh Government has announced another 3 week lockdown here in Wales. Maybe I naively set my hopes on some easing restrictions this week with the talk in the media. And on top of that work has decided to trial longer opening hours so I'm going from working 1 day a week to 4-5. The shifts are shorter but in an open plan office, even with a slightly reduced staff level on-site I don't feel comfortable in the slightest. Apart from leaving a desk between staff nothing has changed in terms of safety. I feel stupid for even caring when you have the NHS staff going to work everyday and supermarkets operating as normal. But I can't lie and say I'm not stressed. I live with my dad at the moment who had major heart surgery a few years back so always have that on my mind.

Everything's been cancelled. I dipped in to the 'When will this shit end' thread and saw talks of 2021 Glastonbury not even happening and they're probably very valid and now I'm filled with that dread. Again, I know there's bigger issues but these things were keeping me going.

I just feel very empty right now, that a precious year out of my life is very wasteful and there's nothing I can do about it. I've always been one for filling every moment with everything. 4-5 gigs a month, travelling, festivals. Every moment was spent as life really is too short. And now I'm just existing. And could potentially be just existing for another 12 months on top of that, who knows. A year is a very long time to waste and the days are flying by :( We're not getting any younger.

Hopefully this is just a blip and I get myself out of this negative cycle soon.

Keep the faith RE: 2021, it WILL go ahead. Somehow. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

See, this is why I come on here. You lot never make me feel bad for a feeling a way that I cant control :) 

Absolutely no reason to feel bad for feeling like this.

Our way of life has been ripped up and thrown in the bin for the moment!