The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Last few days have been not great and last night someone telling me I’d be stupid to leave my flat before a vaccine  was found wasn’t brilliant .. they worked in nhs frontline ... I won’t be able to remain here for the next year I’m sure of that 

Oh no!! :( yeah a year is a very long time to think about doing this for, I really do hope it wont come to that.. I mean it cant can it? Surely??

Its such a shit situation, I wish I could make you feel a bit better!! Maybe doing your art will help, that's a nice distraction :) OH you know what always cheers me up PANCAKES!! And cheese and onion buttys!!! You should eat those to make your tummy smile! (or your own favourite foods you don't have to eat mine :lol:)

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Oh no!! :( yeah a year is a very long time to think about doing this for, I really do hope it wont come to that.. I mean it cant can it? Surely??

Its such a shit situation, I wish I could make you feel a bit better!! Maybe doing your art will help, that's a nice distraction :) OH you know what always cheers me up PANCAKES!! And cheese and onion buttys!!! You should eat those to make your tummy smile! (or your own favourite foods you don't have to eat mine :lol:)

Food really wood be good ... but I mustn’t :) already added a couple of kg :( I’d kind of got my head around 12 weeks but an extension to that won’t be so easy ... I’ll cope ... as you have to only because of medical things ... you will hopefully get some kind of slow lift and be able to see bf soonish !! 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Last few days have been not great and last night someone telling me I’d be stupid to leave my flat before a vaccine  was found wasn’t brilliant .. they worked in nhs frontline ... I won’t be able to remain here for the next year I’m sure of that 

I'm sure they mean well but that kind of thing isn't very helpful. Unless you are in the top high risk category of course. This is kind of what I've been thinking for a little bit, we (as in society) run the risk of becoming too afraid to go outside, it could become on the mental wellbeing side of things a big issue. I've been forcing myself to go out as lockdown will end eventually and the virus will still be here. I'll need to be able to go outside and see friends/family, I don't want to run the risk of becoming too comfortable inside.

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm sure they mean well but that kind of thing isn't very helpful. Unless you are in the top high risk category of course. This is kind of what I've been thinking for a little bit, we (as in society) run the risk of becoming too afraid to go outside, it could become on the mental wellbeing side of things a big issue. I've been forcing myself to go out as lockdown will end eventually and the virus will still be here. I'll need to be able to go outside and see friends/family, I don't want to run the risk of becoming too comfortable inside.

I think so ... I’m diabetic so in the over 70s and flu jab group ... which isn’t the highest risk ... I’ve got to be sensible of course and will social distance despite what any guidelines say untill we do get a vaccine that was just a bit of an unintended and wellmeaning comment ... maybe I should design myself a stay away tshirt too !! 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think so ... I’m diabetic so in the over 70s and flu jab group ... which isn’t the highest risk ... I’ve got to be sensible of course and will social distance despite what any guidelines say untill we do get a vaccine that was just a bit of an unintended and wellmeaning comment ... maybe I should design myself a stay away tshirt too !! 

Ah I didn't know that mate, I think the actions you are taking sounds like a sensible one.

Try talking to yourself loudly when out, that might keep people away 😉

• Upvote 1

Well VE day went well but even tho I don't like most people in my street the few that I do all popped up and after the wine and cider and the purple gin we were swapping cakes and a all sorts... 

Now gotta wait 7 or 8 days I suppose.. Nothing to wot the men and women went tho 75 years ago.. 

Peace and cider 

Anyone else been struggling recently?

Weirdly, up until now I've been fine. Been keeping myself busy with learning guitar, listening to music, reading, Face Timing my girlfriend and running in the mornings (although that's increasingly becoming impossible with how many people are out and about, even starting 6.45am I have to cross the roads up to 10 times during my run to avoid people - everyone's entitled to be out, I'm out myself, but never seen so many people in all my life, especially that early. Guess they all have the same idea as me to beat the rush).

But it's just hit me this week out of the blue. Well I say out of the blue. The Welsh Government has announced another 3 week lockdown here in Wales. Maybe I naively set my hopes on some easing restrictions this week with the talk in the media. And on top of that work has decided to trial longer opening hours so I'm going from working 1 day a week to 4-5. The shifts are shorter but in an open plan office, even with a slightly reduced staff level on-site I don't feel comfortable in the slightest. Apart from leaving a desk between staff nothing has changed in terms of safety. I feel stupid for even caring when you have the NHS staff going to work everyday and supermarkets operating as normal. But I can't lie and say I'm not stressed. I live with my dad at the moment who had major heart surgery a few years back so always have that on my mind.

Everything's been cancelled. I dipped in to the 'When will this shit end' thread and saw talks of 2021 Glastonbury not even happening and they're probably very valid and now I'm filled with that dread. Again, I know there's bigger issues but these things were keeping me going.

I just feel very empty right now, that a precious year out of my life is very wasteful and there's nothing I can do about it. I've always been one for filling every moment with everything. 4-5 gigs a month, travelling, festivals. Every moment was spent as life really is too short. And now I'm just existing. And could potentially be just existing for another 12 months on top of that, who knows. A year is a very long time to waste and the days are flying by :( We're not getting any younger.

Hopefully this is just a blip and I get myself out of this negative cycle soon.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Weirdly, up until now I've been fine. Been keeping myself busy with learning guitar, listening to music, reading, Face Timing my girlfriend and running in the mornings (although that's increasingly becoming impossible with how many people are out and about, even starting 6.45am I have to cross the roads up to 10 times during my run to avoid people - everyone's entitled to be out, I'm out myself, but never seen so many people in all my life, especially that early. Guess they all have the same idea as me to beat the rush).

But it's just hit me this week out of the blue. Well I say out of the blue. The Welsh Government has announced another 3 week lockdown here in Wales. Maybe I naively set my hopes on some easing restrictions this week with the talk in the media. And on top of that work has decided to trial longer opening hours so I'm going from working 1 day a week to 4-5. The shifts are shorter but in an open plan office, even with a slightly reduced staff level on-site I don't feel comfortable in the slightest. Apart from leaving a desk between staff nothing has changed in terms of safety. I feel stupid for even caring when you have the NHS staff going to work everyday and supermarkets operating as normal. But I can't lie and say I'm not stressed. I live with my dad at the moment who had major heart surgery a few years back so always have that on my mind.

Everything's been cancelled. I dipped in to the 'When will this shit end' thread and saw talks of 2021 Glastonbury not even happening and they're probably very valid and now I'm filled with that dread. Again, I know there's bigger issues but these things were keeping me going.

I just feel very empty right now, that a precious year out of my life is very wasteful and there's nothing I can do about it. I've always been one for filling every moment with everything. 4-5 gigs a month, travelling, festivals. Every moment was spent as life really is too short. And now I'm just existing. And could potentially be just existing for another 12 months on top of that, who knows. A year is a very long time to waste and the days are flying by :( We're not getting any younger.

I am sure you will feel better soon and this is just a dip. I am the same as you; even though I'm almost 44 I am a life's too short go out all the time person. But I've been adapting okay. 

I would def recommend keeping with exercise. I find it's good to get the endorphins going in the morning. I've been finding reading a great escape too.

5 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

That is fantastic!!!

I'll be spending my day finding the words now :) 

How long did this take you to do?

4 days .... although I wasn't doing it all that time ... bits here and there whilst watching tv or listening to music ... thanks :) 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

This is incredible! Very talented! 
is it hand drawn! So clever! 

cheers ... yes it is .... something I used to do at school on my school book covers ... haven't done it for a few years but lockdown is giving me a bit of time :) 

12 hours ago, Homer said:

I am sure you will feel better soon and this is just a dip. I am the same as you; even though I'm almost 44 I am a life's too short go out all the time person. But I've been adapting okay. 

I would def recommend keeping with exercise. I find it's good to get the endorphins going in the morning. I've been finding reading a great escape too.

Thanks. Yeah hopefully it's just a blip. I think it's the cumulative effect of everything happening at once (extension, forced back to work during an extension of a lockdown, the never ending-ness of it all and panicking about wasting precious time in my life).

14 hours ago, D-Low said:

I hope you start to feel better soon. I feel very much the same (except I haven't really been fine up to now)

It's ok to find it hard and its ok have ups and downs and you should just do whatever you think you should do.

I'm finding a lot of people now are becoming 'lockdown experts' telling other people how they should feel or what they should do and its not helpful to pay attention to them. Everyone is different, and you're gunna feel differently on different days and that's ok.

Someone even said to me yesterday "its been 8 weeks now, how are you STILL miserable with it?!" …………. seriously??? lol!!

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lockdown 2020 .... 17 hidden lockdown words .... and lockdown 2020 ... can you spot them ? 

IMG_6789.jpeg

Amazing!

Is it 17 words or 17 phrases? I need to know if I've got them all yet!

15 minutes ago, northernringo said:

That's amazing!

Is lockdown written upside down and backwards in big letters across the middle? Or am I seeing things..

Yep I didn’t orientate it right .... so many will be upside down just to confuse ... lockdown 2020 

• Upvote 1