The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
big thank you to all the NHS workers out there! 

Much love and appreciation for them all in my area tonight. I have just returned from taking Mrs c, a council carer,  out to do her tuck down service for several vulnerable elderly clients .  I don’t know how she does it. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

see the other related thread ... thanks to all 

Old son let's just let post be posted.. We're here for a long time.. 

Our whole street was out.. Made me proud.. 

Me and the wife are self isolating big time as our daughter in law works in the hospital.. Anyway as most of yous will know my grandkids are all to me but one baby Eliza has ceribal palsy so we are going to be staying in so if anything happens we will be able to have her and any of our other grandkids.. 

It's driving me mad already I'm getting old seeds to see if I can grow some shit.. I'm doing painting for next years CALENDAR..... Neil...... I'm even thinking about doing jobs around the house wtf... 

Good luck everyone.. Stay safe 

Had a really shit phone call this week which made me sad - Mrs Blutarsky is pregnant with our first and we had our 12 week Scan on Wednesday. However, we got a call the day before to say that due to social distancing I wasn’t allowed to go, as the waiting room at the local maternity unit is restricted to expecting mums only. Had to wait in the car while she went in, and she wasn’t allowed to FaceTime me for it. 

Absolutely gutted to have missed it but very happy too as baby Blutarsky is fit and healthy. Due October 7th - they’d better not clash with the ticket sale! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Had a really shit phone call this week which made me sad - Mrs Blutarsky is pregnant with our first and we had our 12 week Scan on Wednesday. However, we got a call the day before to say that due to social distancing I wasn’t allowed to go, as the waiting room at the local maternity unit is restricted to expecting mums only. Had to wait in the car while she went in, and she wasn’t allowed to FaceTime me for it. 

Absolutely gutted to have missed it but very happy too as baby Blutarsky is fit and healthy. Due October 7th - they’d better not clash with the ticket sale! 

Sucks that you couldn't be in there, but great news on the scan result :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

That suck, congratulations though.

Baby Jass II is due in a couple of weeks and I’m not sure what actually will happen in terms of being allowed to be there. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Baby Jass II is due in a couple of weeks and I’m not sure what actually will happen in terms of being allowed to be there. 

I understand in our health board area the father is still being allowed to attend the birth as long as he is not, of course, displaying symptoms or having to self isolate.  However no other visitors allowed after the birth.  All the best! And the same to all on here who are about to bring new life into the world 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

The local authority where I live closed down the botanical gardens which are literally just over the road from where we live. We were counting on them to provide us little sanity breaks while we both work from home. They’re a beautiful sanctuary away from the madness. Somewhere you could easily find a spot of green and lay back and enjoy the shape of the clouds  

Too many people (mainly backpacking tourists in this area) visited the gardens and got too close to each other today, so it’s all shut down (along with the beaches) until further notice. 

That a real sock in the guts to us, and now it feels our coping strategy is decimated. 

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The local authority where I live closed down the botanical gardens which are literally just over the road from where we live. We were counting on them to provide us little sanity breaks while we both work from home. They’re a beautiful sanctuary away from the madness. Somewhere you could easily find a spot of green and lay back and enjoy the shape of the clouds  

Too many people (mainly backpacking tourists in this area) visited the gardens and got too close to each other today, so it’s all shut down (along with the beaches) until further notice. 

That a real sock in the guts to us, and now it feels our coping strategy is decimated. 

Get some bolt croppers or a hacksaw and sneak out at midnight to create a secret private entrance. It’ll be like a throwback to the days before the superfence. 

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I hope all goes well for you x

• Upvote 1

I am 99% certain I have Coronavirus and have been nursing myself through it since Sunday. I thought I would share this as it may be useful/interesting for some who may be suffering from anxiety and fear of catching this fucking thing. I'm not after sympathy or up votes, just want to share my personal experience.

My other half has had the same experience as I have, but is a few days ahead of me. Her symptoms started last Wednesday (18th March), so we have both been self isolating at home since then. She is a school teacher so we think she picked it up in school then passed it on to me. We are both fit and healthy with no underlying health issues.

We have had all of the symptoms, with the exception of shortness of breath. Heres a bit of a run down of the week for me:

Sunday - New dry cough appeared, got worse as the day progressed.

Monday - Cough got worse. At around midday I felt like crap and could barely even sit up straight. Checked my temperature and it was  38C. Took a lemsip, went to bed and died for about 5 hours. Spent the rest of the evening in bed.

Tuesday - Temp still high, aches and pains in every muscle in my body.  Really really dizzy throughout the day. Skin was crawling, even just clothes touching it was uncomfortable. Stayed in bed all day. Zero energy. Cough subsiding.

Wednesday - Aches and pains worse, temp up 38.2C, dizziness on another level. Eyes were sore, but I can't explain how they felt in words. Stayed in bed all day. Skin still crawling and really sensitive to the touch. Zero energy.

Thursday - Aches and pains subsided a bit, temp still up at 38C, skin not so sensitive anymore. Eyes still sore. Felt a bit better in the morning but deteriorated as the day progressed. Developed the worst headache I have ever experienced at about 10.30pm last night and suffered all night long. I never get headaches, and if I do, 1 paracetamol sorts it. Not this time. Zero energy.

Today - Still have a banging headache, it won't go away. Temperature down a bit but still higher than usual (37.4C). Feel a bit better, but far from 100%. Eyes not so sore today, but still have zero energy and have been lying on the sofa all day. Reckon it'll be a few days before I start to feel any way normal. Cough is gone. Other half, who was about 4 days ahead of me, feels almost back to normal.

I've got through the week on a combination of lemsip and paracetamol. Best advice I can give is to stay topped up on medication, stay hydrated, try to eat as healthily as you can and sleep/rest as much as possible. It has been a horrible week but there is light at the end of the tunnel. If this is coronavirus, and it may not be, I am thankful that I have had a moderate reaction to it. Stay safe people and stay at home!

Edited by Dave_c
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I am 99% certain I have Coronavirus and have been nursing myself through it since Sunday. I thought I would share this as it may be useful/interesting for some who may be suffering from anxiety and fear of catching this fucking thing. I'm not after sympathy or up votes, just want to share my personal experience.

My other half has had the same experience as I have, but is a few days ahead of me. Her symptoms started last Wednesday (18th March), so we have both been self isolating at home since then. She is a school teacher so we think she picked it up in school then passed it on to me. We are both fit and healthy with no underlying health issues.

We have had all of the symptoms, with the exception of shortness of breath. Heres a bit of a run down of the week for me:

Sunday - New dry cough appeared, got worse as the day progressed.

Monday - Cough got worse. At around midday I felt like crap and could barely even sit up straight. Checked my temperature and it was  38C. Took a lemsip, went to bed and died for about 5 hours. Spent the rest of the evening in bed.

Tuesday - Temp still high, aches and pains in every muscle in my body.  Really really dizzy throughout the day. Skin was crawling, even just clothes touching it was uncomfortable. Stayed in bed all day. Zero energy. Cough subsiding.

Wednesday - Aches and pains worse, temp up 38.2C, dizziness on another level. Eyes were sore, but I can't explain how they felt in words. Stayed in bed all day. Skin still crawling and really sensitive to the touch. Zero energy.

Thursday - Aches and pains subsided a bit, temp still up at 38C, skin not so sensitive anymore. Eyes still sore. Felt a bit better in the morning but deteriorated as the day progressed. Developed the worst headache I have ever experienced at about 10.30pm last night and suffered all night long. I never get headaches, and if I do, 1 paracetamol sorts it. Not this time. Zero energy.

Today - Still have a banging headache, it won't go away. Temperature down a bit but still higher than usual (37.4C). Feel a bit better, but far from 100%. Eyes not so sore today, but still have zero energy and have been lying on the sofa all day. Reckon it'll be a few days before I start to feel any way normal. Cough is gone. Other half, who was about 4 days ahead of me, feels almost back to normal.

I've got through the week on a combination of lemsip and paracetamol. Best advice I can give is to stay topped up on medication, stay hydrated, try to eat as healthily as you can and sleep/rest as much as possible. It has been a horrible week but there is light at the end of the tunnel. If this is coronavirus, and it may not be, I am thankful that I have had a moderate reaction to it. Stay safe people and stay at home!

Yeesh, sounds rough but a really useful run through of what to expect! Get well soon pal

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

D272A37E-CA6F-489F-859D-917EE27B245F.jpeg

I shall be live streaming. Follow my Twitter page if you want to see a 40 year old man fling a controller across the room because he still can't beat Ghosts and fucking Goblins

(I won't really. The streaming part. I'll definitely be losing my rag with games that made me cry with frustration as a child)