The Efestivals social distancing / self isolating support thread

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not sure anyone on here will be interested but I have finally got my arse in gear and brushed the dust off my decks. I am in the process of buying all the cables and attenuators required to stream some sets live. The plan is to try and go live on Friday night. It will be me, 2 technics 1210's and a shit load of vinyl.

It will probably be on Periscope as I do not have a facebook account. I will post the link on here if anyone wants to tune in.

You should post this in the online gigs thread. I reckon people would be up for it, potentially me included. What kind of stuff do you play? 

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Can I vent in here?

Last year I went to a festival on my own. On the first day I met a girl and we got along like a house fire, the chemistry was incredible. She was funny, beautiful, and loved to party. We watched the sunset from a hilltop together and then spent the night partying. Spent the rest of the festival together too. It was really sweet and fun, one of the best festivals I've been to.

Later in the year I travelled to see her (she's in another country) and it was really nice. We'd also planned to go to the festival again this year and I was really looking forward to it, especially because it meant seeing her again.

Just found out that she's no longer with us. Devastated.

That’s awful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Can I vent in here?

Last year I went to a festival on my own. On the first day I met a girl and we got along like a house fire, the chemistry was incredible. She was funny, beautiful, and loved to party. We watched the sunset from a hilltop together and then spent the night partying. Spent the rest of the festival together too. It was really sweet and fun, one of the best festivals I've been to.

Later in the year I travelled to see her (she's in another country) and it was really nice. We'd also planned to go to the festival again this year and I was really looking forward to it, especially because it meant seeing her again.

oh crumbs vent where u like .. and plenty of people on here me included if you need anyone to chat to ... All the best ... x 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You should post this in the online gigs thread. I reckon people would be up for it, potentially me included. What kind of stuff do you play? 

Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, The Smiths, Morrissey, Simply Red, Joy Division, New Order, Inspiral Carpets, Oasis, James, Elbow, Buzzcocks, A Guy Called Gerald, 808 State....

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Can I vent in here?

Really sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, The Smiths, Morrissey, Simply Red, Joy Division, New Order, Inspiral Carpets, Oasis, James, Elbow, Buzzcocks, A Guy Called Gerald, 808 State....

To be fair to Nal, I have got all that stuff on vinyl but the only time I play it is when I am doing the ironing.

When I dj'ed it was the northen version of old skool. Darn Sarf it was predominantly all breaks and hardcore.

I play all that stuff but also Italian house, both the piano and synth stuff. Lots of breaks, house classics, mid nineties handbag/pumping piano house. Basically lots of dance music from around 1988 to 2000 across all genres. The emphasis on piano's with a bit of scratching here and there.

Edited by eastynh

On 3/22/2020 at 9:27 PM, Bryanrebe said:

I've been in self isolation due to medical history since Wednesday and it's definitely a bit of a struggle knowing you're not going to get human contact for the foreseeable future.

My Husband is in the spare room right now. Our wedding anniversary was yesterday and we had a nice homemade meal but we had to sit at opposite sides of the table.

On a positive note, I finally set up my work from home space in the study. Yes I own a lot of make up. Yes I'm sad I have next to no use for it right now.

20200323_101745.jpg

Hope things are ok in NZ. My daughter in Auckland  is also working from home, she works for Fonterra the milk people and she is pretty stressed at the moment due to the nature of her job, she works for their IT section. Doesn’t help trying to have an on line meeting with others whilst her five and seven year olds are buzzing about! 

Keep safe! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Are you baggy Monday’s?

8 hours ago, eastynh said:

To be fair to Nal, I have got all that stuff on vinyl but the only time I play it is when I am doing the ironing.

When I dj'ed it was the northen version of old skool. Darn Sarf it was predominantly all breaks and hardcore.

I play all that stuff but also Italian house, both the piano and synth stuff. Lots of breaks, house classics, mid nineties handbag/pumping piano house. Basically lots of dance music from around 1988 to 2000 across all genres. The emphasis on piano's with a bit of scratching here and there.

Sounds pretty decent!

23 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Just spotted this on the beeb, thought there might be some weather stats fans around here with time to kill.

Help needed to rescue UK's old rainfall records.

They just need to log on here to the weather and state of the ground threads.  Who needs computers and old records etc when we’ve got a big dog,  pickle jar, sticks and a well. And of course @deebeedoobee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They just need to log on here to the weather and state of the ground threads.  Who needs computers and old records etc when we’ve got a big dog,  pickle jar, sticks and a well. And of course @deebeedoobee

The mutt is pretty fussy who he gives info to.....unless they pay in cheese and rabbit poop. Then he'll pimp himself out. 

• Upvote 1